Keith Butler threatens Josh Allen's running, we will make him pay

HOUSE

image.png.087c8e93be9f7400dc6f2357859e7e6f.png

Tim Benz | Friday, Sept. 10, 2021 5:51 a.m.

Steelers Defensive coordinator Keith Butler on Josh Allen: 'There's a price to pay' for QBs who 'want to be treated like a running back'

I asked Butler whether his defenders have braced themselves for Allen to finish his rushing attempts like a running back.

“I hope he does try to finish his runs like a running back. We’ll treat him like a running back. If he wants to be treated like a running back, we’ll do that, too,” Butler said.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-keith-butler-on-josh-allen-theres-a-price-to-pay-for-qbs-who-want-to-be-treated-like-a-running-back/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Just now, HOUSE said:

Steelers Defensive coordinator Keith Butler on Josh Allen: 'There's a price to pay' for QBs who 'want to be treated like a running back'

I asked Butler whether his defenders have braced themselves for Allen to finish his rushing attempts like a running back.

“I hope he does try to finish his runs like a running back. We’ll treat him like a running back. If he wants to be treated like a running back, we’ll do that, too,” Butler said.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-keith-butler-on-josh-allen-theres-a-price-to-pay-for-qbs-who-want-to-be-treated-like-a-running-back/

Bring plenty of oxygen for your pass rushers Keith

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Tim Benz | Friday, Sept. 10, 2021 5:51 a.m.

He will learn that Josh has that Brady mentality in terms of making people pay for their words

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Typically I don’t buy into meh statements by opposition as bulletin board material…. But this isn’t meh, and this seems like something that our locker room has absolutely been made aware of. 

Nah.  This is "meh" stuff for sure.

Talk is cheap.

If someone can catch Josh in the open field with a clean hit and cut him in half, go for it! That's what football is all about, and why I don't watch field hockey instead.

16 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

If they they try anything unprofessional I'd run him the @%*# over on the sidelines running back style.

Yeah i've never understood the tough guy routine, especially from coaches.  What does this smoothbrain think is going to happen if Josh Allen gets taken out by a cheap shot?  I'd expect every skill player on the Steelers to receive similar if not worse treatment the rest of the game.  Who does this guy think he is?  GGregggggg?

• Like (+1) 4