AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

I guess people only care about one particular type of grift when it comes to their tax money... :rolleyes:

Nice straw man. 

I don't expect NYS/Erie County to grow a spine on this. If it comes to a vote to raise taxes, I'd anticipate it goes through with flying colors, as it's easy to get rose colored glasses on an issue likes this. That doesn't mean it makes any economical sense to do so.

$700M seems to be the starting rate for the pride of having a team. It is what it is. #EattheRich 

Edited by TEC
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It doesn’t work Like that. NYS and Erie county will work with Pegula. No one will be calling anyone’s bluff. 

“Callings someone’s bluff” is known in the real world as negotiating. Nobody should take it personally. Both sides want it all, the truth will almost certainly be somewhere in the middle. How close to the middle is the real question. 

On a side note - this is why players have agents. You don’t want to be a part of negotiations that harm relationships. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, TEC said:

You are right, he doesn't owe us anything. I also believe that public taxpayers don't owe him anything and shouldn't front the majority of a stadium build so some billionaire may profit off extremely limited, private events. 

The case against public subsidies for new stadiums has been laid out a dozen times over by economists, city planners and journalists far smarter than I. The public can choose to ignore those facts so we can simply "have a team",  or we can stand our ground and say "No". I say call his bluff. We may hate the outcome, but at least we didn't get grifted. 

I hope there is a solution with limited to no public funds involved that keeps the Bills in Buffalo for decades to come. 

You are completely principled on this - so as the people of SD, LA, Oakland, Cleveland, Baltimore, and St. Louis for example - how great it was to call the bluff.

Those cities all called the bluff and lost their teams - did that help and improve the local economy?

Did those cities all suddenly become wealthy because they didn’t subsidize a stadium?

Nope all of those cities except SD so far - went out and subsidized a stadium very shortly after and then aggressively went out to pay through the nose to get a new team back.  A majority of the time now in a 100% public financed stadium to lure teams back.

So you can be fully principled and say no public funds and then drop your drawers and bend over when they leave ala St.Louis, Cleveland, Baltimore, and LA.  

Or you can have a stadium sitting there and no team so it is just a waste and reminder - ala SD and Oakland the second time (both of which are trying to figure out if they can get new teams to return and what it will take).

Or you can work with the team, county, and state to come up with a public/private mix and get things taken care of and maintain the team and still maintain the current fan mix.

The final thing is you can pray they want to do a 100% private and the Pegula’s own the stadium, but then you better be prepared not to attend any more.  Anything greater than about 30% paid by the owners will come with pricing out the majority of fans - see the NY teams, Dallas, and Boston.  They make back the money and true fans no longer can afford to attend.

So for me - I hope the stadium is nearly 100% financed by the public because even though it will never return the money - the team and the experience are more important in the end.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Here's one thing lost in the stadium/relocation discussion.

If the Bills do win a SB in the next few years with Allen, in my eyes this is actually something the Pegulas can always use to not make themselves look like the bad guy if they were to pull the trigger and leave Buffalo.

Because they can always say 'at least we brought the city of Buffalo a championship' before they head on to greener pastures so to speak even though I'm pretty sure most fans would always hate their guts if this scenario happened.

So are we now waiting on Erie County/NY State's response or is it confirmed they are definitely going with the Bills proposal as is?

Another reason I'm surprised the Bills/PSE didn't go with Downtown or Amherst is there would have been decent money on a naming rights deal with all the traffic on those highways potentially passing the stadium.

Edited by Ohio Valley Bills

32 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If the Bills do win a SB in the next few years with Allen, in my eyes this is actually something the Pegulas can always use to not make themselves look like the bad guy if they were to pull the trigger and leave Buffalo.

Because they can always say 'at least we brought the city of Buffalo a championship' before they head on to greener pastures so to speak even though I'm pretty sure most fans would always hate their guts if this scenario happened.

WNY would burn if the Bills were leave because of non funding for a stadium under normal circumstances. 

If the Bills leave after a Superbowl win, armagedden would occur. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Those cities all called the bluff and lost their teams - did that help and improve the local economy?

Did those cities all suddenly become wealthy because they didn’t subsidize a stadium?

The final thing is you can pray they want to do a 100% private and the Pegula’s own the stadium, but then you better be prepared not to attend any more.  Anything greater than about 30% paid by the owners will come with pricing out the majority of fans - see the NY teams, Dallas, and Boston.  They make back the money and true fans no longer can afford to attend.

So for me - I hope the stadium is nearly 100% financed by the public because even though it will never return the money - the team and the experience are more important in the end.  

I appreciate the response...these sections stood out to me, so I'll reply to them specifically. 

Economic impact: there are decades of studies that show that there is zero to minimal economic incentive to publicly fund new private stadiums. I'm sure you could find countless reports on the topic as you choose. 

100% Private financing: It is unreasonable to expect that ticket pricing will stay consistent regardless of funding. Everything is going up, up, up if the Bills get a new stadium. And what the heck are "true fans"? Where are they from? What's the annual minimum spend on the Bills that is required? It can't be too high, or you know, they can't afford to attend anymore. Is ranch on their wings allowed, or do they get relegated down "average fan" with such a travesty? I'd like a guide so I can print it out and post at the local Backer bar. 

The team and experience are worth it: This is really, really interesting, and ultimately what I think this comes down to. I've seen no economic reason to write Terry a check for a new stadium. We know we'll never recoup the cost. We know there are countless housing, education, infrastructure, open space and technology investments we could make that are far more impactful than a stadium. Ultimately, we are trying to establish the value of having a NFL team that calls WNY home. Nothing more, nothing less.  100% public financing would say that right is worth over $1B. I just don't see how we can prioritize that kind of spending for an identity, not anything tangible that enables our community to improve. YMMV. 

Edited by TEC

Just now, TEC said:

I appreciate the response...these sections stood out to me, so I'll reply to them specifically. 

Economic impact: there are decades of studies that show that there is zero to minimal economic incentive to publicly fund new private stadiums. I'm sure you could find countless reports on the topic as you choose. 

100% Private financing: It is unreasonable to expect that ticket pricing will stay consistent regardless of funding. Everything is going up, up, up if the Bills get a new stadium. And what the heck are "true fans"? Where are they from? What's the annual minimum spend on the Bills that is required? It can't be too high, or you know, they can't afford to attend anymore. Is ranch on their wings allowed, or do they get relegated down "average fan" with such a travesty? I'd like a guide so I can print it out and post at the local Backer bar. 

The team and experience are worth it: This is really, really interesting, and ultimately what I think this comes down to. I've seen no economic reason to write Terry a check for a new stadium. We know we'll never recoup the cost. We know there are countless housing, education, infrastructure, open space and technology investments we could make that are far more impactful than a stadium. Ultimately, we are trying to establish the value of having a NFL team that calls WNY home. 100% public financing would say that right is worth over $1B. I don't think is worth the squeeze. 

There are dozens of studies that look at financial impacts, but they ignore huge swaths of impact on the economy.  They look at the relative economic impact without things like lost jobs and taxes of the players and owners, the subset of people that are impacted like all of the merchandise in stores that are sold and shipped and the sales tax on that.  The change in the attitude of the community and the impact on social services needed and loss of donations.  

So yes it is well known that a stadium by itself will not pay for itself, but the added benefits of the stadium and the team have huge benefits to the community and that becomes both financial and community wide benefits.

You are correct ticket pricing is going to change - the difference is if it is a publicly financed project and the cost is picked up across millions of people - individual cost is lessened and the money to cover the stadium cost does not need to be picked up by the owner and passed on to each visitor.  If it is privately financed - that cost is then spread across just the 60,000 fans and hits them every visit.  Ask the fans in any of these newer stadiums about things like PSLs and what it costs to actually attend games in LA or NY or even NE.  NE fans were thrilled that Kraft was building a privately funded stadium and wasn’t going to have PSLs everyplace.  Now if you read about it - most fans have been priced out and it has become a corporate venue where people are less concerned about the game and more about the vibe.  It has been a huge complaint.

The Pegula’s in doing their fan survey already have an idea of certain price points and the only way to get there is a healthy mix.  

As to you final point - of course there are millions of investment opportunities that provide better return, but the chances of Buffalo getting those are slim to non.  You can easily say let’s not write Terry a check and 100% the Bills leave and what do you gain.  

Does Buffalo get the 1 Billion dollars freed up to do something with?  

Does Buffalo lose an identity and become another also-ran small city? 

Does Buffalo suddenly lose 53 millionaires that buy houses, pay taxes, buy vehicles, throw huge parties and become a fabric of the community.  How much is that worth?

Your point about infrastructure is why to me the best thing the county and state could do is say - we want this thing built downtown and we want the infrastructure built up around it and we will cover the costs and it is going to be used to drive much needed infrastructure and change.  Will it make money - nope, but can it be used to get things that are badly needed and ignored no - yes it can.

Overall - in the end - it is going to be a mix with a huge amount publicly financed and it will get done and that is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

the Force  BBFS is strong with this one!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

There are dozens of studies that look at financial impacts, but they ignore huge swaths of impact on the economy.  They look at the relative economic impact without things like lost jobs and taxes of the players and owners, the subset of people that are impacted like all of the merchandise in stores that are sold and shipped and the sales tax on that.  The change in the attitude of the community and the impact on social services needed and loss of donations.  

So yes it is well known that a stadium by itself will not pay for itself, but the added benefits of the stadium and the team have huge benefits to the community and that becomes both financial and community wide benefits.

///

Overall - in the end - it is going to be a mix with a huge amount publicly financed and it will get done and that is a good thing.

Interesting article on the first section. It's a drop in the bucket. 

https://www.marketplace.org/2015/03/19/are-pro-sports-teams-economic-winners-cities/

There are a lot of things economists disagree about, but the economic impact of sports stadiums isn’t one of them. “If you ever had a consensus in economics, this would be it,” says Michael Leeds, a sports economist at Temple University.  “There is no impact.”

Leeds studied Chicago – as big a sports town as there is, with five major teams. “If every sports team in Chicago were to suddenly disappear, the impact on the Chicago economy would be a fraction of 1 percent,” Leeds says. “A baseball team has about the same impact on a community as a midsize department store.” That’s for a sport with 80 home games a year. NFL teams only play eight regular season games.

Still, politicians love building sports stadiums.

Regardless if the deal gets done, it doesn't mean we aren't getting played. We have a $14B company, with an individual owner worth $5.7B, holding a county and state hostage for their pet project disguised as a "common good" subsidy, one we all know provides minimal economic benefit, tied together with threats of "pay us, or we're gone". I think that is fundamentally wrong, and citizens should call out such hogwash. 

Edited by TEC
  • Disagree 2

lol....selling chairs

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

You are correct ticket pricing is going to change - the difference is if it is a publicly financed project and the cost is picked up across millions of people - individual cost is lessened and the money to cover the stadium cost does not need to be picked up by the owner and passed on to each visitor.  If it is privately financed - that cost is then spread across just the 60,000 fans and hits them every visit.  Ask the fans in any of these newer stadiums about things like PSLs and what it costs to actually attend games in LA or NY or even NE.  NE fans were thrilled that Kraft was building a privately funded stadium and wasn’t going to have PSLs everyplace.  Now if you read about it - most fans have been priced out and it has become a corporate venue where people are less concerned about the game and more about the vibe.  It has been a huge complaint.

The Pegula’s in doing their fan survey already have an idea of certain price points and the only way to get there is a healthy mix.  

As to you final point - of course there are millions of investment opportunities that provide better return, but the chances of Buffalo getting those are slim to non.  You can easily say let’s not write Terry a check and 100% the Bills leave and what do you gain.  

Does Buffalo get the 1 Billion dollars freed up to do something with?  

Does Buffalo lose an identity and become another also-ran small city? 

Does Buffalo suddenly lose 53 millionaires that buy houses, pay taxes, buy vehicles, throw huge parties and become a fabric of the community.  How much is that worth?

Your point about infrastructure is why to me the best thing the county and state could do is say - we want this thing built downtown and we want the infrastructure built up around it and we will cover the costs and it is going to be used to drive much needed infrastructure and change.  Will it make money - nope, but can it be used to get things that are badly needed and ignored no - yes it can.

Merch sellers and millionaire parties and jacked pickup truck sales?

Nah.  Zero impact confirmed. 

Using any tax money to pay for a stadium is an absolute joke, let alone 1B$.  Why should we (the tax payers) pay $ so someone with a net worth of 5B$ can become wealthier.  It boggles my mind that anyone can defend this.

I would rather use the tax money to buy the team.  We could use the profits from supporting the team we all love to pay for better schools / roads/ .....  It is much more appealing  to me than paying for a 2nd Pegula super yacht.

Also, we have the best (or very close to the best) atmosphere in the NFL in our current stadium with affordable ticket prices.   If we get a new stadium the atmosphere may get worse as less affluent fans will be priced out (see Key Bank Center).  I could live with it if the Pegulas / NFL pay for it, but it is a bit sickening to think that our tax money will go to jeopardizing one of the best atmospheres in pro sports...  Ok, the atmosphere will probabaly still be great in a new stadium.  Go Bills! Go Buffalo!  Pegulas/ NFL, maybe dont be so greedy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

9 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Definitely, it was reported a week ago that the first meeting between the county officials and the Pegulas went very well and that talks are continuing to progress. But again the media doesn’t report that, they just take certain words or sentences and they try to form up their own little story to get clicks and get people pissed off. I think we can all agree that a deal will be made and completed for the new stadium here in OP

it was reported, bu the media doesn't report that.  Right.

7 minutes ago, Fdapats said:

Using any tax money to pay for a stadium is an absolute joke, let alone 1B$.  Why should we (the tax payers) pay $ so someone with a net worth of 5B$ can become wealthier.  It boggles my mind that anyone can defend this.

I would rather use the tax money to buy the team.  We could use the profits from supporting the team we all love to pay for better schools / roads/ .....  It is much more appealing  to me than paying for a 2nd Pegula super yacht.

Also, we have the best (or very close to the best) atmosphere in the NFL in our current stadium with affordable ticket prices.   If we get a new stadium the atmosphere may get worse as less affluent fans will be priced out (see Key Bank Center).  I could live with it if the Pegulas / NFL pay for it, but it is a bit sickening to think that our tax money will go to jeopardizing one of the best atmospheres in pro sports...  Ok, the atmosphere will probabaly still be great in a new stadium.  Go Bills! Go Buffalo!  Pegulas/ NFL, maybe dont be so greedy.

The team is not for sale.

2 hours ago, TEC said:

Interesting article on the first section. It's a drop in the bucket. 

https://www.marketplace.org/2015/03/19/are-pro-sports-teams-economic-winners-cities/

Regardless if the deal gets done, it doesn't mean we aren't getting played. We have a $14B company, with an individual owner worth $5.7B, holding a county and state hostage for their pet project disguised as a "common good" subsidy, one we all know provides minimal economic benefit, tied together with threats of "pay us, or we're gone". I think that is fundamentally wrong, and citizens should call out such hogwash. 

Here's the problem. All of us know the economic argument. We know this. If that's the argument you want to stick with you are right, they should let the Bills leave. I'm not sure how many people actually agree with that because that is the real discussion. Enter a partnership where the public pays a significant portion and higher ticket prices, or watch NFL football on TV forever. Those are the options, no bloviation is required. There is no perfect world where the billionaires pay for their own stuff. Do you want it or not yes or no. 

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The team is not for sale.

They just said they won't sign a lease extension without a stadium deal. What do you think that means?

18 minutes ago, Fdapats said:

I would rather use the tax money to buy the team. 

That isn't an option. The NFL made it against their own rules after Green Bay. You can't do it so anything related to this line of thinking is a wish and a waste of time.

9 minutes ago, Fdapats said:

Rules can be changed

Why would they change the rules - the team needs a new stadium, the league wants a new stadium, the owner is working on getting a deal done and you are driving them out with a completely stupid logic.  

Good God - I thought the fan base was smarter than this.    🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why would they change the rules - the team needs a new stadium, the league wants a new stadium, the owner is working on getting a deal done and you are driving them out with a completely stupid logic.  

Good God - I thought the fan base was smarter than this.    🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I'm just not willing to use tax money to enrich Billionaires further.   If that makes me a bad fan, i'm ok with that.  

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Fdapats said:

I'm just not willing to use tax money to enrich Billionaires further.   If that makes me a bad fan, i'm ok with that.  

The question then is would you root for the Bills of they are not in Buffalo and I, personally, would not. Not would I have a reason to return to Buffalo and spend money so both entities would essentially be dead to me.

Ralph asked for 500 mil renovations in the 2000’s to repair the upper deck and concords.  That is still the minimal renovations required.  This is same reason why the Browns moved to Baltimore.  Why the Colts moved to Indy.

The only way they stay is a new Stadium.  Whether its 60/40 70/30 or 100%.  Public money from Albany will be required.  Money western NY would never sniff otherwise.   

Edited by Mat68

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

The question then is would you root for the Bills of they are not in Buffalo and I, personally, would not. Not would I have a reason to return to Buffalo and spend money so both entities would essentially be dead to me.

I would never watch an NFL game again on principle.

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Here's the problem. All of us know the economic argument. We know this. If that's the argument you want to stick with you are right, they should let the Bills leave. I'm not sure how many people actually agree with that because that is the real discussion. Enter a partnership where the public pays a significant portion and higher ticket prices, or watch NFL football on TV forever. Those are the options, no bloviation is required. There is no perfect world where the billionaires pay for their own stuff. Do you want it or not yes or no. 

It's easy to say "***** billionaires, pay for your own stadium or leave town" when it's another city. It's much harder when it's the Bills. 

Scam, grift, strong arming, bullying, call it what you want, but citizens and representatives are being played when they write big checks to billionaires who don't need them. That is fundamentally wrong.  I'd actually love for the Pegulas to step up to microphone and explain EXACTLY why they and the NFL are incapable of financing the stadium. Let the reporters grill them for 60 minutes and let's see if it's still an urgent priority. 

I'm not sure what the parameters for profit sharing would like, but that's the only route I'd want to go down. No public money to the Bills for nothing, and whatever happens, happens.

Edited by TEC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, TEC said:

It's easy to say "***** billionaires, pay for your own stadium or leave town" when it's another city. It's much harder when it's the Bills. 

Scam, grift, strong arm, bullying, call it what you want, but citizens and representatives are being played when the write big checks to billionaires who don't need them. That is fundamentally wrong.  I'd actually love for the Pegulas to step up to microphone and explain EXACTLY why they and the NFL can't find the funds for the stadium. 

I'm not sure what the parameters for profit sharing or a loan would like, but that's the only route I'd want to go down. No free money, and whatever happens, happens.

Well, you'll be alone on that path because that's not going to happen. You know why they need that? Because someone else will give it to them. That's why. That's the only reason they need. And "someone else" is out there and it will happen.

Rather than ***** footing around just come out and say it, you don't care of the Bills are in Buffalo or not. That is the choice. Either play the game and have a team or die on your principles and don't. That's your choice. None of your strawman examples are valid. They aren't going to happen. They aren't going to happen because they don't need to happen. There are several cities in this country with wealthy people who would be more than happy to write the check not only for the Bills but for a stadium also. Pretending there aren't and that you are calling some sort of epic bluff where the Pegulas have no options is ridiculous.

You've set up a scenario for yourself where you will be unhappy either way, either the public will pay for part of the stadium and the Bills will stay or they won't and they won't. You get to be upset either way. Congratulations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TEC said:

Scam, grift, strong arm, bullying, call it what you want, but citizens and representatives are being played when the write big checks to billionaires who don't need them. That is fundamentally wrong.  I'd actually love for the Pegulas to step up to microphone and explain EXACTLY why they and the NFL can't find the funds for the stadium. 

I'm not sure what the parameters for profit sharing or a loan would like, but that's the only route I'd want to go down. Whatever happens, happens.

Why should they step up and tell you anything?

Look around the league - there are several privately financed stadiums and to recoup the cost you have huge PSLs and massive ticket prices and regular fans no longer attend and the games become corporate in nature. See Dallas.

There are other stadiums - like what the Pegula’s want - with a public/private mix that has helped maintain ticket prices and fan support. See Pittsburgh

The issue is what are you willing to spend and if you look at the earlier part of this - most people don’t or can’t have a big ticket increase and so what should happen - The Pegula’s like everyone else want to make money to keep the teams active - so the cost is the cost.  People ar paying eithe way - the question is how many people do you want to spread that cost out to.

You tax money already pays for multiple new stadiums in and around NYC - multiple new Baseball, basketball, hockey and football.  Your tax money goes to providing tax breaks to many businesses owned by billionaires. 

You have an option, you just don’t like it.  Pony up and have a mix of public or private funding or become the next Oakland/SD.

I am still hopeful for a mostly public funded stadium because I believe that gives us the best chance at a similar game day experience.  I know it won’t ever recoup the cost, but I am willing to eat that cost for something that makes my life better rather than seeing that money flow elsewhere to be spent on things that do not benefit me at all.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TEC said:

Scam, grift, strong arming, bullying, call it what you want, but citizens and representatives are being played when they write big checks to billionaires who don't need them. That is fundamentally wrong.  I'd actually love for the Pegulas to step up to microphone and explain EXACTLY why they and the NFL are incapable of financing the stadium. Let the reporters grill them for 60 minutes and let's see if it's still an urgent priority. 

I'm not sure what the parameters for profit sharing would like, but that's the only route I'd want to go down. No public money to the Bills for nothing, and whatever happens, happens.

Buffalo is too small to play hardball. You want to be in the NFL? You have to subsidize. This isn't Dallas, LA or even Las Vegas where a $5B stadium will pay itself off. You may not like it but it's a fact.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo is too small to play hardball. You want to be in the NFL? You have to subsidize. This isn't Dallas, LA or even Las Vegas where a $5B stadium will pay itself off. You may not like it but it's a fact.

And many of those got tax subsidies which just another way of giving public money to a project so those aren't even fully privately funded.

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why should they step up and tell you anything?

Look around the league - there are several privately financed stadiums and to recoup the cost you have huge PSLs and massive ticket prices and regular fans no longer attend and the games become corporate in nature. See Dallas.

There are other stadiums - like what the Pegula’s want - with a public/private mix that has helped maintain ticket prices and fan support. See Pittsburgh

The issue is what are you willing to spend and if you look at the earlier part of this - most people don’t or can’t have a big ticket increase and so what should happen - The Pegula’s like everyone else want to make money to keep the teams active - so the cost is the cost.  People ar paying eithe way - the question is how many people do you want to spread that cost out to.

You tax money already pays for multiple new stadiums in and around NYC - multiple new Baseball, basketball, hockey and football.  Your tax money goes to providing tax breaks to many businesses owned by billionaires. 

You have an option, you just don’t like it.  Pony up and have a mix of public or private funding or become the next Oakland/SD.

I am still hopeful for a mostly public funded stadium because I believe that gives us the best chance at a similar game day experience.  I know it won’t ever recoup the cost, but I am willing to eat that cost for something that makes my life better rather than seeing that money flow elsewhere to be spent on things that do not benefit me at all.

To me the points you are making are really not that hard to grasp. It's pretty simple, actually. For whatever reason some folks get hung up on these broad notions of how things should work in a perfect world, but fail to get informed about the details and reality of the situation. It's easier just to complain.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The league doesn't play hardball anyway. Terry doesn't have to stand at the podium and please his case. Give us our money, or we leave. Paulie said it better in Goodfellas - '***** you, pay me'. 

That's the reality. Y'all are right - give the Bills a ton of public funds, or they will find a new city (Is it San Diego or St Louis now? Austin? I can't keep up). The loyalty the Pegulas claimed to have would quickly evaporate without an influx of public money, Bills fandom be damned.

I appreciate what San Diego and Oakland did. Not because they didn't love their team, not because they weren't loyal fans, but they just realized that when the rubber meets the road, public money is better spent elsewhere, and they had the balls to call out the ultra-wealthy.  Of course, we don't like that reality, because again, who can fathom the team leaving. 

Sounds like ya'll are ready to cut your check. Good luck. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, TEC said:

The league doesn't play hardball anyway. Terry doesn't have to stand at the podium and please his case. Give us our money, or we leave. Paulie said it better in Goodfellas - '***** you, pay me'. 

That's the reality. Y'all are right - give the Bills a ton of public funds, or they will find a new city (Is it San Diego or St Louis now? Austin? I can't keep up). The loyalty the Pegulas claimed to have would quickly evaporate without an influx of public money, Bills fandom be damned.

I appreciate what San Diego and Oakland did. Not because they didn't love their team, not because they weren't loyal fans, but they just realized that when the rubber meets the road, public money is better spent elsewhere, and they had the balls to call out the ultra-wealthy.  Of course, we don't like that reality, because again, who can fathom the team leaving. 

Sounds like ya'll are ready to cut your check. Good luck. 

It's been swell. Bye. 

1 hour ago, Fdapats said:

Everyone has a price

If by any slim chance , the parties do not agree on a stadium financing package, they'll move before they sell. NFL teams print money, especially in cities not named Buffalo.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

They just said they won't sign a lease extension without a stadium deal. What do you think that means?

That isn't an option. The NFL made it against their own rules after Green Bay. You can't do it so anything related to this line of thinking is a wish and a waste of time.

It doesn't mean they're going to sell. They would move if it came to that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What I meant was the media only reports anything negative regarding this and not the positive. Guys like Florio and ESPN like to try and stir controversy as much as possible and not report the positive. 

I get what you were trying to say, but the example you gave, the report that the initial meeting went well, contradicts the point you were trying to make. They reported the positive news of the first meeting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.