AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I thought a big part of getting a new stadium was so that we might some day host a SB but it would have to be a domed stadium because there is no way they would ever have a SB in an uncovered stadium in Feb in Buffalo.  Guess, the whole SB thing is out the window. 

Go Bills!!!!!

It never was in the window

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And that Cost is 1.9B without the infrastructure requirements.

So 1.4B in Orchard Park - Lesser impact on Public Money

1.9B plus in Downtown - Increased impact on Public money 

I hear you Major.  One thing confusing about the article is this.  Did you read as the initial 1.6B for the stadium in OP going down to 1.4B and then

commenting about 1.9B for downtown as 300M more to build the current proposal OR 500M more to build downtown?

The only thing about that is IF the infrastructure money can be secured with a lot of $s from the Federal Infrastructure Bill just passed,

well the downtown looks a lot better.   Just bringing this up because it seems all politics, politics, politics right now.

At issue is how quickly a deal can be approved, and how the construction costs would be split between the team and taxpayers. The Bills have already said team owners Terry and Kim Pegula are committed to sharing part of the cost, but have not identified how much.

The expectation is the state and county will be asked to cover more than 50% of the project, raising concerns about the potential for taxpayer funding.

^^This is the important part, $700 Million minimum from taxpayers. Let's see if the stadium scam wheel keeps spinning. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hear you Major.  One thing confusing about the article is this.  Did you read as the initial 1.6B for the stadium in OP going down to 1.4B and then

commenting about 1.9B for downtown as 300M more to build the current proposal OR 500M more to build downtown?

The only thing about that is IF the infrastructure money can be secured with a lot of $s from the Federal Infrastructure Bill just passed,

well the downtown looks a lot better.   Just bringing this up because it seems all politics, politics, politics right now.

Yeah I did I think that initial 1.6B was at the 70K seat mark, because they mentioned cut seats to get into 1.4B.  

I do still think they are trying to release enough leverage out there to get the stadium down town, and why we are still talking 2027.  But cannot commit at ALL without infrastructure being addressed first.  Saying we are committed to DT without guarantees on infrastructure is a failure from jump.

We are talking about lets say 50% public money on the stadium, That is almost 1B downtown and then what another 500M-1B in public money for infrastructure.  That is essentially untenable in this market.

Edited by MAJBobby

57 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Like 120.  But a lot are small.  I'm assuming the 60 they are talking about are large high luxury suites.

Without more details we are all guessing.

Yep- there are a lot of suites, but some of them are those dugout suites etc. The main suites in the current stadium are very small and I am sure they don't have the amenities that you get in the new stadiums. If you are going to attract corporate fat cats from the area and Toronto you need real luxury suites. The bonus is that the team keeps all the revenue from those. I know Dallas has 400 suites and some go for 6 figures a game. That is a different business climate though.  One idea that I think would be great is to put some suites down at field level and a club/bar near the ramp so people can watch the players run out to the field. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I did I think that initial 1.6B was at the 70K seat mark, because they mentioned cut seats to get into 1.4B.  

I do still think they are trying to release enough leverage out there to get the stadium down town, and why we are still talking 2027.  But cannot commit at ALL without infrastructure being addressed first.  Saying we are committed to DT without guarantees on infrastructure is a failure from jump.

I totally agree.  It's just interesting to watch this start to unfold.  I do tend to believe that fans/taxpayers/voter are sometimes manipulated

to get what others want in the first place.  Where things "start" and where they "finish" is always interesting to me.  LOL.

7 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Bills sold out even when the team stunk.  It's about driving up demand, increasing seat prices, and selling seat licenses.  Gotta pay for everything.

Lol, maybe the opener but not the entire season. Lots of empty seats in those lean years.

I hope they incorporate some open "fan club" sections where people can eat, drink, mill about while watching the game. That's a new thing you see in baseball parks.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Yep- there are a lot of suites, but some of them are those dugout suites etc. The main suites in the current stadium are very small and I am sure they don't have the amenities that you get in the new stadiums. If you are going to attract corporate fat cats from the area and Toronto you need real luxury suites. The bonus is that the team keeps all the revenue from those. I know Dallas has 400 suites and some go for 6 figures a game. That is a different business climate though.  One idea that I think would be great is to put some suites down at field level and a club/bar near the ramp so people can watch the players run out to the field. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  It is the main reason for a new stadium wanted by the NFL in my opinion.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I totally agree.  It's just interesting to watch this start to unfold.  I do tend to believe that fans/taxpayers/voter are sometimes manipulated

to get what others want in the first place.  Where things "start" and where they "finish" is always interesting to me.  LOL.

Agree just look at this thread.

No No we dont want another open air in OP.  

Why isnt there a roof in DT, Why are we only getting 60K..

Soon that 65K seat DT with a roof at the cost of 1.9B looks better.  Add thte 500M-1B in infrastructure upgrades,  and you are getting a voting public on board with a 1B dollar plus public layout for the stadium.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree just look at this thread.

No No we dont want another open air in OP.  

Why isnt there a roof in DT, Why are we only getting 60K..

Soon that 65K seat DT with a roof at the cost of 1.9B looks better.  Add thte 500M-1B in infrastructure upgrades,  and you are getting a voting public on board with a 1B dollar plus public layout for the stadium.

Definitely not saying this WILL happen the way we just said but it seems it COULD head that way and fans/taxpayers seem to

"get a deal".  What if all of sudden the Perry Projects are sold to this endeavor for $1 like Palidino wanted.  All speculation on my part but

2027 is a long way away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.