Isaiah McKenzie shoulder injury

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

For those who don't know, BangedUpBills is Dr Kyle Trimble, a physical therapist who tracks and comments on Bills injuries as best he can from available info.

What I think he's saying is that clearly something is hurt in his shoulder, but merely from the fact that Lil Dirty is wearing a sling, it's hard to tell whether we're talking about a 2-4 week injury vs. season ending IR.

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

If he gets cut I wonder if he comes back lol

Who, Roberts or Lawson?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What I think he's saying is that clearly something is hurt in his shoulder, but merely from the fact that Lil Dirty is wearing a sling, it's hard to tell whether we're talking about a 2-4 week injury vs. season ending IR.

My inital reaction was shoulder separation vice broken clavicle.  Having broken my clavicle, I wore a different sling designed to pull my shoulders straight into alignment.  I am certainly no doc.  My money is on a sprain or separated shoulder.  

32 minutes ago, wjag said:

My inital reaction was shoulder separation vice broken clavicle.  Having broken my clavicle, I wore a different sling designed to pull my shoulders straight into alignment.  I am certainly no doc.  My money is on a sprain or separated shoulder.  

Is a "shoulder sprain" different than a "separated shoulder"?

https://nyboneandjoint.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-sprained-shoulder-to-heal/

I guess the question is the grade of the sprain and whether it requires surgery

I think a "separated shoulder" or AC joint sprain is what Allen had, and his apparently (judging by how long it took the shoulder brace to come off) lasted about 4 weeks.  But he got up and ran off right away, so McKenzie's may be worse (or Josh Allen may have higher pain tolerance)

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah not sure what Texans situation is, but if he is cut for some reason I can see Bills being a likely choice if Bills reach out to him

Roberts is their 7th or 8 wr and they have KeKe Coutee (spelling?) doing the returns, Keke is talented BUT  had some incredibly badly timed fumbles last year.

44 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We'll have decent options. Hopefully McKittrick won't be out more than 3-4 weeks. Hopefully Stevenson's injury is minor. Sims has decent numbers and who knows maybe Robert's gets cut. They'll figure it out. 

Stevenson was on the sidelines doing some drills today, a good sign.  No visible brace or tape on his foot/ankle that I saw

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

He also could’ve dislocated his shoulder…. Slightly different from an AC joint sprain. 

AC joint is where the clavicle connects to the shoulder at the acromium. My sprain caused such an impingement that surgeon cut 1 cm off clavicle. 

If I had to guess, I will predict that the Bills will announce him as “week-to-week” and he will miss between 2-4 weeks.  He should be back by week 3 of the season.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No, I was asking why he/she is calling Mckenzie "McKittrick"

It’s one of those inside jokes here.  My guess is that people did it accidentally and it stuck as a joke 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Kinda get the impression he will be out for opener and maybe even couple more games after. Hope not though, but it sounds like it could be a little more severe than was hoping for.

Where do get that impression?

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would say that's encouraging news.  Taron in the same injury timeline, as McKenzie, per Coach.  No change on Harrisons status.

Total estimate/guess (and know this escalation has been done b4), but going off Coach's past day to day and week to week injury designations:

1. Day to day: usually player returns within same week to practice, or following week.

2. Week to week: this can obviously vary, but typically is 2-4 window of returning. 

So I'd guess both would be in the 1-2 week window, and have a decent shot at being ready week 1 (barring setbacks)

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well I mean with different WRs signed and whatnot and the sling and "see how he responds to rehab". Sounds like might be a little worse than I was thinking when 1st reported. 

The rehab will determine whether it’s day to day and he’s back to practice on Monday or so, or if it’s week to week and hes more of a week 1 question mark. Didn’t sound like it would be longer than that. If he only said week to week I could see him hitting short term IR. We should know more next week.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not subject to waivers. They can cut him on Tuesday, and then resign and place on IR the next day. Then he can return in as soon as 3 weeks from week 1. Only risk is he can entertain offers from other teams once cut. 

edit - they would also need to absorb any dead cap which isn’t much in his case - 350k

If a player is cut when injured he can dispute this believing he should be getting an injury settlement but the scenario you stated would be likely prearranged with agent.  He looked for other offers this offseason and got none he liked; he has shown some more skills during offseason but also more warts so I think he'd agree with this.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Which shoulder did he hurt? He’s holding a baby on one side… the other eating pretzels… looks ok to me 😄

https://instagram.com/stories/zee_thoven/2651114298408863162?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Left. 

Pics of the "insta"??

Though I'm willing to believe that an injury which allows you to hold an 8-10 lb baby may not suffice to enable ball security when a 220 lb linebacker or a 180 lb CB smashes into you or yanks on it.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Left. 

Pics of the "insta"??

Though I'm willing to believe that an injury which allows you to hold an 8-10 lb baby may not suffice to enable ball security when a 220 lb linebacker or a 180 lb CB smashes into you or yanks on it.

He’s holding the baby with his left. I think it’s Isaiah Hodgins baby, he babysits sometimes lol. Probably 20+ lbs now 

Edited by YoloinOhio