2021 NFL Top 100 Players

wjag

NFL Top 100 being released on Sunday 8-15-2021 ... Where do the Josh and Stefon land?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Josh Land

2. 2. Where does Stefon land

So the players-only poll, popularity contest get released this weekend.  Project where Allen and Diggs will land.  Drop in the comments where you think others like Kumerow 🙂 or Beasley or White might land.

Edited by wjag

19 minutes ago, wjag said:

So the players-only poll, popularity contest get released this weekend.  Project where Allen and Diggs will land.  Drop in the comments where you think others like Kumerow 🙂 or Beasley or White might land.

I need a mod's help here.  I don't have an edit button to change the option on Josh from 5-10 to 6-10.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Tre in top 30

Beasley in top 50

Dawkins in top 75

Edmunds in top 100

Hyde in top 100

How many were in top 100 last year?

3 I think.  Allen -87, Diggs -54, White -47

I picked Allen at 21+ because he plays in buffalo and I don’t think we’re there yet for popularity stuff like this. I put Diggs at the low option as well. 
I can easily be ok with our guys getting low rankings for stuff because this is still the beginning. 

I think Allen will be in the 11-20 range. I think he deserves top 10, but I don't think it will happen.

I think Diggs will be just a couple spots after Allen.

Tre White will probably be in the top 100 again. Maybe in the 50's.

Edmunds might make it. I think Edmunds is getting noticed nationally, even though last year wasn't his best season. But he has gone to two pro bowls for a reason. People seem to generally think he is better than he actually is because of his size, length, and speed.

I wonder is Beasley will make it or not. Not sure.

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Tre in top 30

Beasley in top 50

Dawkins in top 75

Edmunds in top 100

Hyde in top 100

How many were in top 100 last year?

Dawkins is an interesting one. I think that's a long shot, though. I also think Hyde is a long shot. 

If the MVP runner up is out of the Top 10 then I have no words as to how ridiculous these rankings are.

I don't want to hear about Buffalo. Rodgers plays in GB and Lamar in Baltimore. C'mon man!

Edited by billsbackto81

Allen belongs in the top 4-5 range and Diggs I would put in the top 10. I think barring injury and when the dust settles, we are looking at two HOFers here.

There is no better player to build a franchise around than Josh Allen with the exception of say, Pat Mahomes (arguable). Sure, there’s players like Aaron Donald, generational players nonetheless at other positions, but will a DT win you a Super Bowl? With Allen in Buffalo, that’s what the expectations are.

Diggs I think will prove to be a stat machine. He’s a top 2-3 WR in his own right, but with Allen getting him the ball, the dude is going to continuously dominate teams relentlessly. Honestly, he reminds me quite a bit of Marvin Harrison. He has that same level of talent. Good worker, hard worker, exceptional route runner with insane change of direction skills and with the way Allen can get the ball in there, all Diggs needs to do is break free by one step and he’s going to come away with the ball.

I’m also positive that TreDavious White will end up on this list somewhere. Where, I don’t know. He’s an elite CB, but not a generational talent by no means. He is worth every penny of his contract though, I will say that.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cole Beasley #96

they  asked Tre white if he would rather cover diggs or Cole.. he said Diggs (but tough decision)

I am a little surprised he got in there, but he was borderline for me.

Geez this list so far (100-71) is really bad. Worse than the popularity contest that is the pro bowl. Mad about Tre? lattimore is 9 spots ahead of him, at 86. That’s ridiculous.

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

95 definitely seems low for Tre white

it’s about 70 spots too low

49 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Geez this list so far (100-71) is really bad. Worse than the popularity contest that is the pro bowl. Mad about Tre? lattimore is 9 spots ahead of him, at 86. That’s ridiculous.

it’s about 70 spots too low

I would agree with you if it was 2019 Tre white. Probably should have been 15-25 range that year.

2020 Tre White I think should have been 40-50 range

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would agree with you if it was 2019 Tre white. Probably should have been 15-25 range that year.

2020 Tre White I think should have been 40-50 range

Maybe. I know he didn’t make all-pro last year but he was still excellent. They don’t throw his way much anymore, for good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Most NON-Bills fans are saying the same thing.

Right. It seems to me over the last year that white is widely regarded as a top 5 CB. 

There’s already been 3 named over him so far and they aren’t even to the heavy hitters yet. Surprising. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. It seems to me over the last year that white is widely regarded as a top 5 CB. 

There’s already been 3 named over him so far and they aren’t even to the heavy hitters yet. Surprising. 

like, Lattimore won defensive ROTY right? He’s good no doubt, but has he been named to the all-pro team? I don’t think so; I could be wrong. This list is all sorts of messed up. I’m sure the top 50 will be even more entertaining. 

On 8/11/2021 at 2:25 PM, billsbackto81 said:

If the MVP runner up is out of the Top 10 then I have no words as to how ridiculous these rankings are.

I don't want to hear about Buffalo. Rodgers plays in GB and Lamar in Baltimore. C'mon man!

There are other player positions besides QB in the league. Allen is probably a top 5 QB in the eyes of most players (Mahommes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson being a possible top 4). Add Aaron Donald, Hopkins, Kelce, an edge rusher or a safety and it's quite likely he drops into the 11-20 range.

6 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

95 definitely seems low for Tre white

Agree. He was not as dominant last year and had some injury issues. Or he just didn't want to play Tennessee COVID game. But still he is a top 5 CB and its hard to believe there are 94 better players in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1