Bills hire Cynthia Frelund

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what a digital content creator does exactly… 

Get ready to see our Bills go viral on TikTok.  Josh rollerblading while drinking cranberry juice, Feliciano's OnlyFans account, two kickers one athletic cup, etc.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Which football talking heads don’t spew predictions left and right on all types of topics?? It’s what they all do pretty much every day.  

I’m thinking some of the posters here really here dislike women who make a living in football…

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. (But thanks for making that baseless assumption.)  I really like Kim Jones for example and feel that she provides excellent insight on the Bills.  I could rattle off a ton of male commentators that I can't stand, does that mean I dislike men making a living in football commentary?  I have no issue with predictions, some of Frelund's predictions seem unnecessarily specific.  I don't enjoy her style of reporting and don't feel like she provides much to the shows that I have seen her on other than her computer generated predictions.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

lol. 

I hope she changes her tune because she picked the Bills to lose more games 

I have never seen her pick games, but that doesn't mean she hasn't picked them. I have seen her report on what team her MODEL picks. Two completely different things.

As a guy who spend most of his career in research, I was bound by duty to report what the research data suggested. But that wasn't always MY opinion. Fortunately my bosses and colleagues typically asked what I personally believed. Sometimes it matched the data, but often enough it did not.  I would have liked her cohosts to ask her, at least once in a while, "But what do YOU think, Cynthia?"

Anyway, I see no downside here. She's bright and having more quality content is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

🥰 I like it. Have had a low key crush on her since she joined NFLN.

Checks a lot of boxes for me:

A woman who loves football

likes math and stats/ has a logical mind

can talk business (MBA and Finance background)

loves staying fit (pilates instructor)

is easy on the eyes

is learning how to bake

and is not married 😄

It will be interesting what kind of content she provides, and if she gets into the analytics side of things.

From the announcement: Frelund will join the Bills as their sideline reporter during the preseason TV game broadcasts. She will also host a digital segment during the season that dives into statistics and analytics surrounding the Bills.

Predictive modeling is really intense, but is fun too. It often goes against a gut feeling.

Cool hire by the Bills. Welcome to the team Cynthia!

Edited by ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I’m not an analytics guy but you can’t really fault someone for doing their job. That was what they hired her to do. 

Agreed. I don't care for percentages and probable outcomes. Too many variables to take into account to used that method as a guide. 

Since we don't have the Jills any longer having Cynthia, Jenna Cotrell, Kim Jones and Maddy Glab isn't too shabby. 😋

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. (But thanks for making that baseless assumption.)  I really like Kim Jones for example and feel that she provides excellent insight on the Bills.  I could rattle off a ton of male commentators that I can't stand, does that mean I dislike men making a living in football commentary?  I have no issue with predictions, some of Frelund's predictions seem unnecessarily specific.  I don't enjoy her style of reporting and don't feel like she provides much to the shows that I have seen her on other than her computer generated predictions.  

I wasn’t specifically referring to you per say…,