Go BOLD - 2021 NFL Bold Predictions

GunnerBill

2 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

NFL:

1.  With the extra game added, Derrick Henry becomes the first player to rush for back-to-back 2,000 yards.

2.  Kyle Pitts wins OROY.

3.  Zeke will be just shy of a 2,000 yard season.

4.  Lions are big time losers for trading away Stafford, which secures them the number 1 pick in next year's draft.

Bills:

1.  We will have three 1,000 yard receivers

2.  We will have two 1,000 yard rushers

3.  We lost back-to-back games against Titans and Chiefs last season.  This year, we beat both, which will help McD win COY.

4.  Diggs and Allen connects on more deep balls, which helps Diggs become the first receiver with 2,000 in a season.

There is zero and I mean zero chance we have 2 1,000 yard rushers. Probably won't even have 1.   We don't run the ball enough to hit those numbers, and that isn't going to change.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

NFL wide

1. Lamar Jackson gets benched in week 13

2. Neither of last year's SB contenders make the playoffs

Bills

1. Matt Breida totals 400+ receiving yards

2. Tremaine Edmunds leads all LBs in INTs with 6

Those NFL ones are super bold. Can't see any way number 2 comes true.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Those NFL ones are super bold. Can't see any way number 2 comes true.

Me neither...unless Mahomes gets hurt.  I could see TB missing because I think Brady will fall off a cliff in the 2nd half of the year and Arians will be stubborn and not adjust

On 8/17/2020 at 3:39 PM, H2o said:

BILLS

1. Stefon Diggs becomes the first Bills WR to have more than 1,200 yards in a season since Lee Evans in 2006.

2. Moss has a Karlos Williams-esque rookie year. (Yeah, nah. Not even close.)

3. Ed Oliver will have 12 or more sacks. (Swing-and-a-miss)

4. Tre White will win DPOY. (Wrong again)

5. The Bills will be top 5 both defensively and offensively in the NFL. (Got it half right, but never expected the defense to fall off the way they did)

NFL

1. The Bengals will win 8 games. (Burrow getting hurt shot down any hopes at this.)

2. San Francisco will not make the playoffs.

3. Houston will finish below .500 and be 3rd in their division.

4. KC will have a SB hangover and have to battle all the way to Week 17 for the division. (They had their foot to the gas again)

5. Ben Ro will win Comeback Player Of The Year as he leads Pittsburgh to the AFC North division title. (Pittsburgh won the AFC North, but of course Alex Smith won the award)

Batting .300, not too bad I guess. Would be an All-Star in MLB. 

Now for 2021:

BILLS

1. AJ Epenesa will lead the team in sacks in the 10-12 range.

2. Both of our rookie DE's will have 5 sacks or more.

3. Marquez Stevenson will have 3 kick/punt return TD's total for the year. 

4. Breida will have the most combined yards and TD's out of any of our RB's

5. Josh wins not only League MVP, but SB MVP

NFL

1. The Texans will be the worst team in the NFL this year, possibly the first to go 0-17

2. Despite all of the FA spending the Pats finish below .500 again

3. The Ravens will finish 3rd in the AFC North and miss the Playoffs

4. Kyle Pitts will win OROY

5. Fitz will lead the WFT to the NFC Championship game

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Good afternoon folks, the 2021 season is just over a month away and so it is time for some BOLD predictions. We are after at least TWO Bills specific and at least TWO non-Bills bold predictions for the season ahead. I always do 8 (4 and 4).

I nailed 5 of the 8 back in 2017, last year I was correct with two - one NFL wide one which was that the Browns would not only make the playoffs but also win a playoff game; and one Bills one which was that Diggs would lead the AFC in receiving yards (he actually led the entire league) and be a first team all pro. 

NFL wide

• The Washington Football Team will win at least 10 games and Ron Rivera will be named coach of the year
  • Carson Wentz will lose his job as the Colts starting Quarterback for football reasons (i.e. not just because of the foot injury)
  • Nick Sirianni to be one and done as Head Coach in Philadelphia as the Eagles end up with the #1 overall pick
  • The Pittsburgh Steelers to have their first losing season since 2003, Big Ben to retire and both Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin to step down at the end of the campaign. 

Bills specific

• Greg Rousseau to break the record for sacks by a Bills drafted rookie (Cornelius Bennett had 8.5 as a rookie but was not Bills drafted, the existing record is 6.5 held jointly by Bruce and Aaron Schobel)
  • Gabriel Davis to have a 1,000 yard season
  • Emmanuel Sanders to throw a touchdown pass
  • Matt Milano to make the pro bowl and attract all pro votes. 

So there are mine, flame away!!!

Let's hear yours.

Boy, I gotta tell ya, you certainly qualified for being bold on most of your predictions, good luck.

I always have to carefully discern is this something I want to happen or do I think it really could happen?

I'll try....

Bills first: The Bills sweep the AFC East for the second year in a row. I really Billieve this is going to happen! (LOL)

Devin Singletary matches his career high yds./carry once again and gets 5.1 yds/carry coming second in the category in the NFL.

The NFL: The Rams continue to be  snake bitten and do not make the playoffs in 2021 causing the Rams HC Shaun McVay to need major professional help around the clock Until spring.

Az. And SF both make the playoffs with SF winning the division in the last week and sending the rams home.

So, Seattle doesn't make the playoffs either. 

(I really think the rams are going to win it, but they are trying so hard, injuries could strike and there's nothing they can do about it. What an exciting division though.... Every division game like a playoff game, nutty.

The opposite of the NFC West is the NFC East. I say your Washington prediction looks fairly most of the season but in crunch time, Fitzpatrick starts throwing into right to the opposing LBs and the skins fall apart without "good" Fitzpatrick....

End up 9-7 and maybe win division, maybe Dallas...who cares? No one because the winner is knocked out in the first round by an NFC West team. (Tampa or GB gets the bye with their own easy schedules..

Bonus prediction: the AFC East comes in second in total wins for 2021. The Bills sweep but NE and Miami pile up a lot of wins.... The jets won't help much causing us to fall to second.

The Buffalo Bills season record is 14-3...although we lose to KC (yet again). Losses (KC, bad game makes us not ready for next week and we lose two in a row on the road this time to Tennessee before righting the ship but we also lose to Tampa also on the road. So, I predict the Bills go 9-0 at home. So, pretty good year but KC still gets home field and we still lose.

Surprisingly, the Bills build a Super Winner during 2022 offseason and beat KC at home and win the conference, go to the Super Bowl and win. The Bills are able to keep the offense loaded, buy an impact FA defender and have another good draft. AJ, Groot, Boogie, Efe And Ed form a formidable DL heading into year two for Groot And Boogie. Efe (with five reg. Season sacks) decides to stay because he loves it here. The Bills add that winner, that special player, and were ready for '22....

Groot proves to be a solid blue chip player that should have been drafted in the top ten. The news comes out that if the Bills didn't extend Addison and Butler and sign Efe, Tampa would have traded up over us in the '21 draft to take Groot. With all our DL already signed, Tampa bet we weren't going DE....Groot is the biggest prize of the '21 draft when considering the draft spot. Had he played in '20, he would have been a top five pick.

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

NFL:

1.  With the extra game added, Derrick Henry becomes the first player to rush for back-to-back 2,000 yards.

2.  Kyle Pitts wins OROY.

3.  Zeke will be just shy of a 2,000 yard season.

4.  Lions are big time losers for trading away Stafford, which secures them the number 1 pick in next year's draft.

Bills:

1.  We will have three 1,000 yard receivers

2.  We will have two 1,000 yard rushers

3.  We lost back-to-back games against Titans and Chiefs last season.  This year, we beat both, which will help McD win COY.

4.  Diggs and Allen connects on more deep balls, which helps Diggs become the first receiver with 2,000 in a season.

I have to say your Bills picks sure are bold - basically you have 3 receivers putting up over 4000 yards and 2000 yards rushing.  That is 6000 yards amongst 5 players and we know the Josh spreads the ball.  

Are we looking at 8-9,000 yards of offense or close to 500 yards a game - I will sign up for that.  I don’t see it happening, but man that would be awesome.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There is zero and I mean zero chance we have 2 1,000 yard rushers. Probably won't even have 1.   We don't run the ball enough to hit those numbers, and that isn't going to change.

I don't expect this either.  But, that's why they're called Bold predictions.

17 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I have to say your Bills picks sure are bold - basically you have 3 receivers putting up over 4000 yards and 2000 yards rushing.  That is 6000 yards amongst 5 players and we know the Josh spreads the ball.  

Are we looking at 8-9,000 yards of offense or close to 500 yards a game - I will sign up for that.  I don’t see it happening, but man that would be awesome.

Agreed.  Don't see it happening with the way Josh spreads the ball.  But we do have an offense that's capable of putting up crazy numbers.  Realistically, I'm not saying that all of these will happen.  One of these predictions are a real possibility.

Edited by ProcessYaDigg

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol some of y’all did not read the original post and it shows 😜😜

Oh OK

i already had Bills only lose 1 game in SB-winning season & Josh Allen becomes the undisputed face of the league.

For non-Bills, I will add:

1. Matt Stafford puts up big numbers in LA, but will be a major reason why the Rams blow their biggest game of the year. Because Matt Stafford.

2. Fitz will lead Washington into the playoffs and will win at least 1 game in them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

League Wide:

1) Big Ben does not finish the season. 
2) Bucs win their division, but don’t make it to the NFCCG. 

3) Titans will be top five in the league in points scored, but bottom half in net points. 

AFCE:

1) Tua, Mac & Cheese, and Z Wilson all exceed our expectations, and represent upgrades to their position from last season. 
2) The AFCE becomes one of the most competitive divisions in the league. 
3) Patriots* knock the Dolphins out of wildcard contention in week 18. 

Bills:

1) Defense carries 10 D-linemen, and double their sack numbers from last season. 
2) Josh Allen is not the leading rusher for the season. 
3) Two WRs reach 1,000+ yards, two more reach 750+ yards. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

League Wide:

1) Big Ben does not finish the season. 
2) Bucs win their division, but don’t make it to the NFCCG. 

3) Titans will be top five in the league in points scored, but bottom half in net points.

I like all of these. Think all are bold but plausible. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Bengals take the last wild card thanks to Burrow and the offense being sublime top 5 and not killing him

Is it just me imagining that you meant to say ‘and the offensive line top 5 and not killing him…..’??

In any case, ‘the offense being sublime’ is a phrase that I’ve not seen the equal of on this board….🙂

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dear Stadium Wall....

Beane has spoken (See: Buffalo Rumblings) - please (someone) put up another Zach Ertz thread.

Yes! The Zach Ertz rumors live!

(Though I'll be happy with a dominant DT or CB or Zach, if Beane feels we can beat the chefs this year)

Otherwise, wait till next year! Maybe we can build a better team next season? Maybe this is the best year?

I don't know? Gotta go for it one of these JA years though....

Go Bills!.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.