Go BOLD - 2021 NFL Bold Predictions

GunnerBill

NFL:

1.  With the extra game added, Derrick Henry becomes the first player to rush for back-to-back 2,000 yards.

2.  Kyle Pitts wins OROY.

3.  Zeke will be just shy of a 2,000 yard season.

4.  Lions are big time losers for trading away Stafford, which secures them the number 1 pick in next year's draft.

Bills:

1.  We will have three 1,000 yard receivers

2.  We will have two 1,000 yard rushers

3.  We lost back-to-back games against Titans and Chiefs last season.  This year, we beat both, which will help McD win COY.

4.  Diggs and Allen connects on more deep balls, which helps Diggs become the first receiver with 2,000 in a season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The other one I nearly went for was Jameis Winston to have a solid year as the starter in New Orelans. I'm not sure if he will beat his career best in touchdowns - which was 33 in 2019, but I think he will in completion % and passer rating and while I expect the Saints to be below .500 and miss the playoffs I think they might well win too many to be in the top Quarterbacks from the draft hunt and I could see Winston sticking there. 

Gonna keep bashing the Ravens and Singletary horses eh Gug?

I actually considered Winston, but I think the injury bug the team is experiencing will hurt.

I am ABSOLUTELY bashing the Ravens and Singletary horses!!! 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I actually considered Winston, but I think the injury bug the team is experiencing will hurt.

I am ABSOLUTELY bashing the Ravens and Singletary horses!!! 

Yea same on Winston. If Thomas was healthy I'd have definitely done it but without him not sure who is going to be catching the balls in crunch time. 

I think you will miss on the Ravens and Singletary again I'm afraid. 

I've covered some Bills ones in another thread, but here's some NFL wide ones I could see:

- Cowboys run away with NFCE and are legit SB contender.

- Bengals finish 2nd or 3rd in AFCN and win a WC spot

- Jacksonville is this years out of nowhere team and wins the AFCS (probably my boldest take but not necessarily far fetched given Indy's current injury situation and I think Tenn is sitll overrated).

- AZ and Kyler Murray flounder and finish last in the NFCW

- San Diego emerges as a top WC team and battles with KC all the way to the final week of the season to determine the AFCW division title.

- TB and Brady start season on a similar trajectory as the 2007 Pats and possibly go undefeated in the regular season but get bounced in their first playoff game.

- Seattle and Pitt end up with losing records and not making playoffs.

- KC makes it no farther than divisional round this year.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea same on Winston. If Thomas was healthy I'd have definitely done it but without him not sure who is going to be catching the balls in crunch time. 

I think you will miss on the Ravens and Singletary again I'm afraid. 

My Singletary prediction is the boldest of all.  Realistically unlikely.  I think Lamont's regression will be an annual trend.

• Like (+1) 1

NFL:

1. Washington wins 12 games (12-5) behind good coaching, a top 2-3 defense, very impressive skill position players, and a QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick whose historic erraticism/inconsistency has actually given way to a MUCH better QB the last couple of years (emphatically the best two years of his career; he's trending up at 38) despite a Dolphins' team largely devoid of talent in 2019 & 2020 (Fitzpatrick was Miami's leading rusher in 2019... with 243 yards!!!).

2. No team in the AFC North is better than 10-7.  Conversely, no team is worse than 7-10.  Sneaky competitive division with the Steelers too summarily dismissed and the Bengals' offense poised to pop.

3.  The Los Angeles Chargers don't win the AFC West but still win 11 games and rookie coach Brando Staley is the Coach of the Year.

4.  Jets WR Elijah Moore flirts with Justin Jefferson #'s in his rookie year.  Though it's typically a QB's award (Zeke lost to Dak in 2016 despite leading the league in rushing- even Jefferson as an All-Pro lost last year to Herbert), he'll get some OROTY votes.

Edited by Midwest1981

Falcons win division

Falcons and WFT in NFC champ

Chargers and Bills in AFC champ

WFT and BFLO in SB, Bills win 20-14, Fitz throws 2 pics

Bills first loss is Dec 12

Justin Herbert is MVP

Chargers win division 

Jets get a WC

Tua loses starting job

There will be 2 NFL tie games 

5 players will be disciplined for not adhering to COVID protocols

this is fun ...

- Bills finish 2nd in the AFCE to the patriots but still make the playoffs

-Bills vs Browns in the AFC championship game ending KC's streak of making it to the super bowl

-Steelers finish below .500 for first time in the Tomlin era and ben retires

-Chubb and hunt both rush for over 1,000 yds

- Seattle struggles and misses the payoffs they fire Pete Carroll after the season

Edited by snowbelt_subie

I've seen more than a handful of posters include the Bucs' collapse as one of their picks.  I also remember in last year's thread many prognosticators predict that Brady and the Bucs would struggle and we obviously know what became of that.

Is this something someone honestly believes will happen, after examining the facts objectively, accounting for the Bucs playing in a division with a rookie HC in Atlanta (and no Julio... plus likely abominable defense), where Sam Darnold "leads" the Panthers, and where the cap-strapped Saints lost Brees, hemorrhaged significant other talent, too, and won't have Michael Thomas for at least six games?  Brady's teams the last 11 years have also won 11+ games in the regular season... and actually 12+ with the exception of two years (2018 & 2020... and the 2018 Pats and 2020 Bucs still won the SB).

It's hard to see how Tampa Bay isn't vying for home field this season, IMO, so I don't know how anyone sees impending disaster.

Edited by Midwest1981
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Midwest1981 said:

I've seen more than a handful of posters include the Bucs' collapse as one of their picks.  I also remember in last year's thread many prognosticators predict that Brady and the Bucs would struggle and we obviously know what became of that.

Is this something someone honestly believes will happen, after examining the facts objectively, accounting for the Bucs playing in a division with a rookie HC in Atlanta (and no Julio... plus likely abominable defense), where Sam Darnold "leads" the Panthers, and where the cap-strapped Saints lost Brees, hemorrhaged significant other talent, too, and won't have Michael Thomas for at least six games?  Brady's teams the last 11 years have also won 11+ games in the regular season... and actually 12+ with the exception of one year (2018... where they still won the SB).

It's hard to see how Tampa Bay isn't vying for home field this season, IMO, so I don't know how anyone sees impending disaster.

This is primarily because Brady is a idiot

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

This is primarily because Brady is a idiot

But he still wins.  And Tampa Bay seems to have as soon a shot as anyone (maybe tied with Green Bay in the NFC North... but Vikings > Saints this year, IMO) to win their division.  And the Bucs get the NFC East and aren't even playing a 1st-place schedule, despite being champ, because technically their 11-5 record didn't win the NFC South last year.

Many of you may end up being right but it would fly in the face of even recent history for Brady.  We'll see- time always answers questions.

Edited by Midwest1981

5 minutes ago, Midwest1981 said:

Is this something someone honestly believes will happen, after examining the facts objectively, accounting for the Bucs playing in a division with a rookie HC in Atlanta (and no Julio... plus likely abominable defense), where Sam Darnold "leads" the Panthers, and where the cap-strapped Saints lost Brees, hemorrhaged significant other talent, too, and won't have Michael Thomas for at least six games?  Brady's teams the last 11 years have also won 11+ games in the regular season... and actually 12+ with the exception of one year (2018... where they still won the SB).

If Brady is healthy the Buccs are the #1 seed IMO. They had a much tougher schedule last season and for 3/4s of the year were not very good while they figured stuff out. I do think Brady was a bit up and down last year, even in the playoffs he sucked in the NFCCG, but if he is healthy there is enough talent around him in a weak conference and a very weak division to go 12-5 or 13-4. That said, Carolina are my dark horse playoff team on the NFC side. 

BOLD Predictions

NFL Wide

• Bengals take the last wild card thanks to Burrow and the offense being sublime top 5 and not killing him
  • Seattle misses the playoffs and finishes 4th as the defense lacks the goods to stop anyone and the offense regresses further. This prompts legit discussions of Wilson leaving as he demands a trade and won't return
  • Carolina takes the last playoff spot out west thanks to a quietly good offense and weaker division with ATL rebuilding and NOLA taking a step back without Brees
  • Cleveland makes the playoffs but they are not the juggernaut people think as Baltimore wins the division
  • Rams beat the Packers who lose again in the NFC title at home
  • Justin Fields has a better rookie season then any season Mitch has taking Offensive ROY. The Bears just miss the playoffs but optimism is legit in Chi town
  • Dak Prescott's return is OK but not to the level people have hyped
  • The Cardinals make the playoffs but JJ Watt's impact is far more minimal then expected

Bills Wise

-Bills win the SB. I get they are a favorite but even typing that feels bold after everything we have been through

-Allen finishes 5th in MVP voting. The offense is more balanced and even though his play is improved the numbers dip a little

-Basham has 10 sacks and wins DROY

-The Bills beat KC on SNF AND in the AFC title to make the dance.

- Plastic table production cannot keep up with demand and the price goes up to $100 per table

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

I said it in another thread but:

Bills perfect season is ruined by Brady and the Bucs in December, but Bills get revenge in the Super Bowl. :thumbsup:

That’s all I care about.

Oh yeah, Josh Allen becomes the face of the league. He will be in commercials all thru 2022, while Rodgers and the Rat will be shunned by sponsors who want to max out profits using Josh.

Bills:

11-6 do not sweep division. Clinch division, playoff spot last week of season. 

Josh Allen does not pass 5000 yds. or 40 TD's. Has more struggles than last year.    

Find out that prognostication is not my thing when the regular season ends. 

NFL:

Chargers lead league in offense, make playoffs, fans still don't show up. 

Jacksonville has winning record. Urban Meyer gets COY. 🤮 

The WFT sweeps Dallas, win division. Dallas gets WC. JJ hogs spotlight. 

Edited by I am the egg man

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.