Jump to content

Go BOLD - 2021 NFL Bold Predictions


GunnerBill
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good afternoon folks, the 2021 season is just over a month away and so it is time for some BOLD predictions. We are after at least TWO Bills specific and at least TWO non-Bills bold predictions for the season ahead. I always do 8 (4 and 4).

 

I nailed 5 of the 8 back in 2017, last year I was correct with two - one NFL wide one which was that the Browns would not only make the playoffs but also win a playoff game; and one Bills one which was that Diggs would lead the AFC in receiving yards (he actually led the entire league) and be a first team all pro. 

 

NFL wide

  • The Washington Football Team will win at least 10 games and Ron Rivera will be named coach of the year
  • Carson Wentz will lose his job as the Colts starting Quarterback for football reasons (i.e. not just because of the foot injury)
  • Nick Sirianni to be one and done as Head Coach in Philadelphia as the Eagles end up with the #1 overall pick
  • The Pittsburgh Steelers to have their first losing season since 2003, Big Ben to retire and both Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin to step down at the end of the campaign. 

 

Bills specific

  • Greg Rousseau to break the record for sacks by a Bills drafted rookie (Cornelius Bennett had 8.5 as a rookie but was not Bills drafted, the existing record is 6.5 held jointly by Bruce and Aaron Schobel)
  • Gabriel Davis to have a 1,000 yard season
  • Emmanuel Sanders to throw a touchdown pass
  • Matt Milano to make the pro bowl and attract all pro votes. 

 

So there are mine, flame away!!!

 

Let's hear yours.

  • Like (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good afternoon folks, the 2021 season is just over a month away and so it is time for some BOLD predictions. We are after at least TWO Bills specific and at least TWO non-Bills bold predictions for the season ahead. I always do 8 (4 and 4).

 

I nailed 5 of the 8 back in 2017, last year I was correct with two - one NFL wide one which was that the Browns would not only make the playoffs but also win a playoff game; and one Bills one which was that Diggs would lead the AFC in receiving yards (he actually led the entire league) and be a first team all pro. 

 

NFL wide

  • The Washington Football Team will win at least 10 games and Ron Rivera will be named coach of the year
  • Carson Wentz will lose his job as the Colts starting Quarterback for football reasons (i.e. not just because of the foot injury)
  • Nick Sirianni to be one and done as Head Coach in Philadelphia as the Eagles end up with the #1 overall pick
  • The Pittsburgh Steelers to have their first losing season since 2003, Big Ben to retire and both Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin to step down at the end of the campaign. 

 

Bills specific

  • Greg Rousseau to break the record for sacks by a Bills drafted rookie (Cornelius Bennett had 8.5 as a rookie but was not Bills drafted, the existing record is 6.5 held jointly by Bruce and Aaron Schobel)
  • Gabriel Davis to have a 1,000 yard season
  • Emmanuel Sanders to throw a touchdown pass
  • Matt Milano to make the pro bowl and attract all pro votes. 

 

So there are mine, flame away!!!

 

Let's hear yours.

 

Can you put the link to last year's thread here, please?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL related:

 

-Trevor Lawrence wins offensive rookie of the year

 

-Mac Jones becomes the NE starter by week 4

 

-Brady falls off a cliff in the 2nd half of the year 

 

-Justin Herbert leads the NFL in passing yards 

 

Bills predictions:

-Bills flirt with 4 1,000 yard receivers, with Diggs, Sanders and Beasley all getting there. Davis just misses with 800ish...

 

-Knox has a breakout year at TE for us and becomes a big mismatch 

 

-Allen throws for 5K+ yards and 45 TDs 

 

-Bills make it to the Super Bowl(I am not offering a prediction on the game as to not jinx them)

 

-Bills have homefield advantage through the AFC playoffs and get the bye by virtue of best record in the conference.

 

-Bills are in the top 5 for sacks this year and top 3 for sacks by defensive line.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bills specific

1. Beasley will lead the team in yards

2. Ed Oliver gets 9.5 sacks on the season to lead the Bills

3. Taron Johnson continues his pick six ways and leads the team in INTs (kid has an Ed Reed nose for the ball)

4. Tyler Big-Balls-Bass has two 60+ yard FGs made on the season

5. Allen hits  72% completion rate for the season

 

NFL specific

1. Fields starts in Chicago Week 1

2. Prescott Leads the League in passing yards

3. Pitts wins ROTY

4. Belichick stays with Cam Newton all season

5. Jon Gruden is fired

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I said it in another thread but:

Bills perfect season is ruined by Brady and the Bucs in December, but Bills get revenge in the Super Bowl. :thumbsup:

That’s all I care about.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Can you put the link to last year's thread here, please?

 

Seeing as it's you Gug...

 

Here ya go: 

 

 

I make you having nailed two as well... on Josh Allen and on Miami.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL related: The Bucs fall off a cliff- 1. Brady age finally shows. 2. All rookie QB's from this past years draft look horrible. 3. Lamar Jackson is exposed yet again and majority of people finally realize he isn't a good QB.

 

Bills related: We are going to the Super Bowl fellas. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL WISE:

- Kansas City will be 1 and done in the playoffs.

- Brady misses considerable time due to injury. Bucs barely make playoffs.

- Stafford flops in LA

- Mike Zimmer will be 1st HC fired on the season (by week 6)

 

BILLS SPECIFIC:

- Over the final 8 games, Davis has more targets and receptions than Beasley.

- Moss claims lead dog spot in the backfield. Ends season just short of 1000 yards.

- Allen and Diggs trail off a bit numbers wise. 

- Bills finish 11-6, winning AFCE, #3 Seed in playoffs. Make AFC Championship game again...this time against the Browns.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went straight to post and didn't read anyone else's predicts except for OP's.

 

Non Bills - TB will not be in the SB again

                - Gronk is injured and misses serious time

                - Wentz screws the Iggles and misses much more time than anyone says right now

                - Dak has a huge year

 

Bills - Going to the big show

        - Jake makes team

        - JA has 40+ TD's

        - Fort Knox's light comes on and the kid is Gronk like, 8TD's minimum (Oh God Please!)

        - The D is going to be top 5

 

Go BILLS!!!

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fun fun.. 

 

league wide I’ll go with 

Nick Chubb wins the rushing title 

New Orleans ends up with the worst record 

DK Metcalf leads the league in receiving yardage (for bonus points he asks to be traded next offseason) 

Mr hoodie retires from coaching 

 

bills related I guess 

to keep with my hype train Obada leads the team in sacks 

neither Levi or Dane are cb2 by the end of the year (hello trade deadline) 

we finish top 10 in rushing, passing, and defense 

Josh Allen has a good year but is not involved in MVP discussions (Russ, Rodgers, Mahomes, Herbert, Chubb) 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

• Josh Allen wins Super Bowl MVP

• Carlos Basham, Ed Oliver and Tre White become elite forces on this D.

• Bills have a dominant defense.

• Josh Allen posts similar stats as he did last year with fewer INTs.

• Gabe Davis catches 65-70 catches for 1,000 yards.

• Bills take a true RB by committee approach. We see solid production, but not exceptional production.

• Edmunds and Milano have good not great years. Their job is made worlds easier by our improved DL.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL:

 

Sean Peyton is fired at the end of the season with a 3-14 record

Justin Fields with Rookie of the year

Justin Herbert leads the Chargers to AFC West title, beating KC twice

 

Bills:
Josh Allen becomes first QB to pass for over 6000 yards in a season

Zach Moss rushes for just over 1000 yards 

Diggs, Sanders, Beasley over 1000 yards receiving, Davis is over 900

Rousseau and Basham each record 6 plus sacks

Bass sets NFL record for longest field goal, at the end of the half in the Thanksgiving game against New Orleans.

Knox leads the team in TD receptions

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-TBD melts down when Edmunds is named All Pro and makes the Pro Bowl

- Neither Lawrence or Wilson have the best rookie season for a QB

- Brian Flores finishes 3rd in the division and is on the hot seat. They draft a QB early, but insist it's just as a backup and they believe in Tua

- The Pats push the Bills for the division. Not ever really in jeopardy, but the Bills are only 1-2 games ahead for a fair portion of the season (you can't win more games than you play)

- The Colts weather the adversity and end up with a winning record. Reich coach of the year

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL wide

The Ravens will not make the playoffs.

The Browns will win their division, but lose in the Divisional Round again.

The Titans and Chiefs will finish the season with the same record, both winning their divisions.

The Rams will have the best regular season record in the NFC.

 

Bills specific

Singletary will average over 5 YPC and have over 1,000 yards rushing.

Josh Allen will be the league MVP.

Diggs and Davis will both have 1000+ receiving yards.

Tre White will lead the league in INTs and be the NFL's DPOY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other one I nearly went for was Jameis Winston to have a solid year as the starter in New Orelans. I'm not sure if he will beat his career best in touchdowns - which was 33 in 2019, but I think he will in completion % and passer rating and while I expect the Saints to be below .500 and miss the playoffs I think they might well win too many to be in the top Quarterbacks from the draft hunt and I could see Winston sticking there. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

NFL wide

The Ravens will not make the playoffs.

The Browns will win their division, but lose in the Divisional Round again.

The Titans and Chiefs will finish the season with the same record, both winning their divisions.

The Rams will have the best regular season record in the NFC.

 

Bills specific

Singletary will average over 5 YPC and have over 1,000 yards rushing.

Josh Allen will be the league MVP.

Diggs and Davis will both have 1000+ receiving yards.

Tre White will lead the league in INTs and be the NFL's DPOY.

 

Gonna keep bashing the Ravens and Singletary horses eh Gug?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bills' have more balance between running and passing.

Knox will have a breakout year.

Bass gives Bills Superbowl victory with field goal in final seconds.

McDermott will break NFL record for most claps in a single half

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SoMAn said:

Bills' have more balance between running and passing.

Knox will have a breakout year.

Bass gives Bills Superbowl victory with field goal in final seconds.

McDermott will break NFL record for most claps in a single half

 

I'm afraid I am going to disqualify the final one of those as not being sufficiently bold. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a top 3 Offense & Defense and set many sack and interception records.  Josh has over 50 TDs and over 5k yards on the way to our first SB victory!

Brady does not finish the year due to injuries and retires at the end of the year.

 

Go Bills!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...