Training Camp practice 7/31 - open to fans at Highmark Stadium

17 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Wow that’s amazing news. I had no clue Brieda could play special teams. Holy crap we could actually have 3 active running backs on gameday who ALL play and contribute at running back!!! 

That would mean 3 carries each for the game.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Simply pointing out that every single QB in the league played in this environment and not many had the success he did cause if you’re still uncertain about Josh Allen as a successful qb in this league I honestly don’t know what to tell you….Tom Brady threw three Ints against the Packers in the second half and the reason they still won was cause the rest of his team helped him out….cause if you think the Buffalo Bills can get a better qb then this guy Id like to see you try  

Oh my goodness. Josh Allen is good. He's our QB and will be our QB. That doesn't mean he's perfect. You don't have to feel threatened. He still has room to improve, and improving in his mental response to fans has been an obvious need area that he has openly talked about. I have no idea why discussing this is such a mortal sin around here.

I hope Josh and the Bills have taken steps to improve the psychological aspect. So far, I haven't seen evidence that they have, so his not being able to perform his best in front of a home crowd is a legitimate concern.

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It cracks me up when people react negatively to these facts (100% facts) over and over again. Folks just can't handle it.

Again, missing the point.

Or maybe people  think it’s not nearly a problem like you do, and wonder why you love the drama so much?  Stop embarrassing the Italian flag already. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, teef said:

Or maybe people  think it’s not nearly a problem like you do, and wonder why you love the drama so much?  Stop embarrassing the Italian flag already. 

Look at his road and home splits and tell me it's not a problem. My god. I would love nothing more than for this issue to be put to bed. I just don't understand why you are laughing about it. I guess sports psychology is a hoax to you?

11 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I've been around players and felt the same, but then there are a few ive stood next/near and felt like a pebble. Like Edmunds is gigantic 

Funny you say that.  I've seen him around and about in OP and I've been under the impression that he's in great shape, but isn't really that large.  

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Look at his road and home splits and tell me it's not a problem. My god. I would love nothing more than for this issue to be put to bed. I just don't understand why you are laughing about it. I guess sports psychology is a hoax to you?

It’s more the intensity of your nervousness that amuses me.  

40 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You have only 2 seasons worth of his home/away stats.  Nothing is significantly different.  He was a little better at home in 2018, a little better on the road in 2019.

There is absolutely no context in your thought.  The opponents don’t matter….its just home or away and they aren’t that different.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It cracks me up when people react negatively to these facts (100% facts) over and over again. Folks just can't handle it.

Again, missing the point.

These are not facts 😂 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

I've always thought he was a bit too amped up at the start of home games, but he has also had to deal with high wind games at OP and that influences stats as well.

Seems homes games the last two years were more windy than in the past.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Sorry, but I don’t see any problems with Josh Allen. He should’ve been the League MVP last year, and I believe he will continue to improve, just like he has every single year.

19 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That would be surprising considering he's on record as inquiring about moving up to #4, but the price was too much.

Maybe because it was the same team (Cleveland) picking at #1 as #4 she just interpreted it that way.

Why is it surprising? I doubt she was mistaken. She ultimately said the browns didn’t wanna move so I’m assuming he went about other modes. 

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Simply pointing out that every single QB in the league played in this environment and not many had the success he did cause if you’re still uncertain about Josh Allen as a successful qb in this league I honestly don’t know what to tell you….Tom Brady threw three Ints against the Packers in the second half and the reason they still won was cause the rest of his team helped him out….cause if you think the Buffalo Bills can get a better qb then this guy Id like to see you try  

You obviously didn’t read my original post.  Not surprisedz. People see one thing they don’t like, see red then rant 

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I hope Josh and the Bills have taken steps to improve the psychological aspect. So far, I haven't seen evidence that they have, so his not being able to perform his best in front of a home crowd is a legitimate concern.

He has changed his pre-game music to Frank Sinatra rather than something to get him “fired up”.  Problem solved.   :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

IMO the sample size is simply too small to make a definitive argument either way yet. He seemed to be fine in the one game last year in Buffalo that actually had fans and decent weather, the Colts game. 

Does he play better on the road vs. home? Perhaps. And in the long run will that hurt the Bills? I don't see why it would with half the games on the road and half at home on average. As long as he isn't wetting the bed at home and playing like a bottom half of the league QB Bills will be fine. Buffalo has some cruel weather and I think that has played at least as big a role as the psychological aspect of the game in Allen having better numbers on the road vs. at home. I tend to think Allen plays best in warmer climates whether that is a dome or just a warmer open air environment. But again, sample size might be too small yet to have a definitive answer.

It's something Allen has talked about but I think nearly all QB's would admit to some level of added pressure at home vs the road if they were being honest in their answers. So I don't necessarily think this is unique to just Allen.