Training Camp practice 7/30

I know they are just small video snippets here and there, but I gotta say - Josh looks like he hasn't lost any of his new found accuracy from last year.  If he keeps dropping dimes all over the field, it's gonna be another wild ride this season!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

I know they are just small video snippets here and there, but I gotta say - Josh looks like he hasn't lost any of his new found accuracy from last year.  If he keeps dropping dimes all over the field, it's gonna be another wild ride this season!!!

I agree. He also seems a lot more confident this year to me. At least from the presser I watched the other day. I’m not saying he hasn’t been confident before, but I just got more of a “this is my team” vibe from him now. 

• Agree 2

Just now, TheProcess said:

I agree. He also seems a lot more confident this year to me. At least from the presser I watched the other day. I’m not saying he hasn’t been confident before, but I just got more of a “this is my team” vibe from him now. 

He doesn’t have to prove he’s a “ Legitimate “ QB this year.

Win games with his arm CHECK

Win playoff games          CHECK

Hit the long ball consistently CHECK

Improve his accuracy/ comp.%      

CHECK

He’s not playing with house money but he has quickly garnered respect around the league.     

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Without a doubt.  Agree 100%.  There just seems a real comfort level around the whole team, even with a few new guys.  Not a new system, not a total roster change over, not a bunch of new coordinators / assts.  Keeping the band together (for the most part) from last year is really going to help them, especially out of the gates to start the season.  If they want to get back to the AFC title game they will be well served by a fast start to get that momentum going - and a lot of that's going to be on Josh's shoulders.  Looks and sounds to me like he's up to the task.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Happy to see EO with a chip on his shoulder.

Happier yet to see the Brown throw him around. We need maulers on the O line. Hopefully, he is one of them.   
    He needs a nickname. We’ve had  House and Condo….. how about Mountain.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Happy to see EO with a chip on his shoulder.

Happier yet to see the Brown throw him around. We need maulers on the O line. Hopefully, he is one of them.   
    He needs a nickname. We’ve had  House and Condo….. how about Mountain.

I like Wall

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Is that all secret code?  A madlibs entry? No idea what ANY of that means.

Josh golfed with Jim Nantz, who evidently also gave Josh a book about golf. Josh is also watching a TV show.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Love that he hits it with Mitch walking in front of him at the last moment!

That's cool, but if this is to simulate weaving through blockers/pass rushers then hitting the checkdown to the RB off to his left, he may need to arc it over a standing Trubisky - it was commented in several game film cilps last season that there were some balls an incoming rusher was able to get a hand on and deflect that could have been completions if thrown with more arc.

Right now, I'll take just thinking about and attempting the checkdown though.