It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

I made a broad generalization that if kids were dying like the elderly, our attitude would be different to vaccination. Nothing you said addressed that hypothetical. 

Everyone has the choice on vaccination. Everyone has a choice to be a shut in and never come out again. I’d suggest that your mental health would be better if you went to church and interacted with people in person, whether you’re vaccinated or not. That’s way more important than Covid spread. That is opinion, based on a lot of Covid data by the way.

And I’d doubly suggest, based on those pesky science-y charts that you don’t like, that getting vaccinated is a very low risk and high reward proposition. 

I go to everything. I mask only when asked. I am anti mandate. And I think people who do not have a particular complication should get vaccinated. 

Why are you anit-mandate?

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

If Covid was killing kids but not adults like it’s killing elderly, EVERYONE would be rushing to get vaccines and boosters, and triple masked without question. 

We don’t give two ***** about the elderly though. “Let them get vaccinated but I don’t need to play any other role helping to keep them safe.” 

The fundamental problem with the social responsibility argument is that no such obligation exists.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

And imagine thinking they can do this......with 8 billion people

You aren't paying attention.

7.66 BILLION total vaccines administered worldwide to date.

3.26 BILLION persons fully vaccinated.

While some people fantasize about sci-fi control scenarios and worry about shrinking testicles, most of the world is getting on with it and doing something productive.

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

While some people fantasize about sci-fi control scenarios and worry about shrinking testicles, most of the world is getting on with it and doing something productive.

May I suggest that you take your own advice then and ‘get on with it’. I know that I have. 

• Like (+1) 1

New facts about covid that need to start being acknowledged over old assumptions, when debating mandates...

1- The vaccine will NEVER end covid...We can’t vaccinate our way away from covid...

2- Per the CDC director, the vaccine does NOT stop transmission of the Delta variant...

3- Per Joe Biden’s director of covid response, Delta, along with further mutations are so contagious, EVERYONE will get it! It’s virtually unavoidable, even if the entire population is vaccinated...

4- So, no matter what, you are either going to get the virus from an unvaccinated person or a VACCINATED person...(so why do you care who you get it from?) 😉

5- The ONLY thing vaccines do is mitigate YOUR OWN symptoms- They DO NOT protect other people from getting the virus or getting sick...

6. Vaccinated people are just as likely to spread covid in their home just as much as unvaccinated, per a year long study...

7.  Hospitalization rate for the unvaccinated is just 0.89%...(This  is important because in a recent study, Democrats thought that it was around 90%, while Republicans thought it was around 50%...so our policies have basically been guided by wildly wrong assumptions caused by a fake media narrative). 👍

Coming To America Bar GIF

This is now what the science is saying, so if you refuse to acknowledge this stuff, you’re admitting that you don’t really care about the science...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Key word in all of this?  CONTROL. Take care of what you control and do NOT force these decisions on others.  

BTW the herd needed (and still needs) some culling. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And what's that done with cases and deaths?

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

And another slick goal post move.

Now it's "till we vaccinate everybody on the planet."  And you'll disappear.  

And yesterday Sundancer moved it to "till a cure" then he disappeared like Bills716er did after he mocked me in March for saying "Masks aren't ever coming off."

You people are a joke. 

Screenshot_20211120-120055_One UI Home.jpg

Just 4 billion more to vaccinate and we can put all this behind us!

Year 3!!

Screenshot_20211120-120844_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Look at these deaths reach um.......um........yea.......um......nothing really changing....

Boosters!   Just need Boosters!   All 8 billion of us should get a booster by Fall of 2026.  

Screenshot_20211120-120910_Chrome.jpg

Welcoming family into your home for Thanksgiving? Here's how to keep COVID out

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/11/20/1057237292/covid-risk-holidays-booster

Pathetic 

• Thank you (+1) 2

More on this mentioned several times here arguing vax effectiveness with anti vax apologists: She puts it better than me. Tracking Covid in the nose (viral load) makes no sense. Similarly tracking Covid hospitalization for Covid in the nose makes no sense as a pandemic measure (though it’s better than cases). 

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

More on this mentioned several times here arguing vax effectiveness with anti vax apologists: She puts it better than me. Tracking Covid in the nose (viral load) makes no sense. Similarly tracking Covid hospitalization for Covid in the nose makes no sense as a pandemic measure (though it’s better than cases). 

It’s weird, but you took away tracking data and I read a tragic story about young healthy people being victimized by a system that prioritizes extreme knee jerk reactions by people who clearly should not be in charge of decision making. 

It’s like the old business meeting parlor game, where the lead whispers “Hey, just be smart and safe and all will be well” into the ear of the first person,  and the message 100 people later is revealed as “Breathing is deadly so why even *&$#ing bother anymore?”. 

My son graduated college in May, the college he attended managed everything pre/post COVID horribly.  When they called recently for donations I asked for the Dean of Students to reach out to have some dialogue about our experience—no call back as of yet. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s weird, but you took away tracking data and I read a tragic story about young healthy people being victimized by a system that prioritizes extreme knee jerk reactions by people who clearly should not be in charge of decision making. 

It’s like the old business meeting parlor game, where the lead whispers “Hey, just be smart and safe and all will be well” into the ear of the first person,  and the message 100 people later is revealed as “Breathing is deadly so why even *&$#ing bother anymore?”. 

My son graduated college in May, the college he attended managed everything pre/post COVID horribly.  When they called recently for donations I asked for the Dean of Students to reach out to have some dialogue about our experience—no call back as of yet. 

I can trump that. My kid is at an Ivy. One year remote. This year masked with a million rules. Tuition break? Nah. 

They won’t get any donations from me ever. And though she loves the learning and her professors, she has zero school loyalty building at all, which is a bummer. This will just be a transactional four years I think. I will give them money. They will give my kid a top notch knowledge base. She will get the As and then head to some grad school. 

But she isn’t going to have any misty eyed returns to campus. 

• Like (+1) 1

If in March 2020 you had 10 years left to live, 20% of those years have been thru this self inflicted masked protocols and mandated lunacy if not by your state but also virtue signaling corporations no doubt being forced to comply.  I love seeing them all masked up in their commercials.

Very soon, it's going to be 30% of your days as we enter year 3 no doubt continuing on with the same unjustifiable bull s...t they can no longer defend and have stopped trying to.  Sundancer just keeps posting vaccine data - NO ONE CARES!  ITS NOT CHANGING SQUAT regarding mandates and protocols like it's March 2020. 

What are we "allowed" to do?  Line the pockets of Hollywood, professional athletes, and musicians.  But with special vaccine cards!  That are worthless after 3 months.  But we aren't doing science here.

We are making Karen FEEL safe.   

They have now moved the goal posts to "till there is a cure."   

Your schools in States where governors have no balls - masks will be worn permanently as you wait breathlessly for the CDC and the AI preserved remains of Fauci in 2047 to tell you that cases are now "low enough super duper low to make masks and sending you home after being a close contact as optional."  

Year 3!!  

• Like (+1) 2

Here’s a case to study.  100% of all Gibraltar citizens who are able to be vaccinated have been.  Cases have “exploded!”   

VACCINES WORK DAMMIT!!

https://www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/modern-day-censorship/in-gibraltar-100-of-adults-are-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19-and-yet-new-cases-are-exploding/amp/

Edited by Chef Jim

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Here’s a case to study.  100% of all Gibraltar citizens who are able to be vaccinated have been.  Cases have “exploded!”   

VACCINES WORK DAMMIT!!

https://www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/modern-day-censorship/in-gibraltar-100-of-adults-are-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19-and-yet-new-cases-are-exploding/amp/

He doesn't get it.

The vaccines aren't the problem  - well they are and could be much worse maybe we'll just find out as we learn new things it's all novel!  Oh wait we can only learn new things about the virus that will upend life forever not the vaccine - that's settled science like climate change. 

The problem is the cowards making and supporting policies to ease the dupes into forever pandemic.  Till a cure!  To get you to accept all the protocols that will be permanent...........just like they told us in April 2020! 

NFL season already going to ***t because of this nonsense. 

It's a league that's just showing you what all our lives will be like indefinitely.

YEAR 3!! 

51 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Guess what the vaccines also protect against (no not Jonathan Taylor, and not the first place Patriots), but long COVID. 

Nice. 

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-828/

How about we flip the script and make PPP the good news part of TBD this week? 

you keep trying to make this about effectiveness.  thanks for all your research but, we just dont want mandates.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Dr. Anthony Fauci Walks Back Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated’ In ‘This Week’ Interview

Fully vaccinated doesn’t necessarily mean you have received a Covid-19 booster, said Dr. Anthony Fauci in a Sunday interview with ABC’s This Week.

“If you look at the data that we have, fully vaccinated right now, by definition, is the original two doses [of] … Pfizer and Moderna and a single dose with [the one-shot Johnson & Johnson],” Fauci told ABC anchor Martha Raddatz on This Week.

“We’ll continue to follow the data, because right now when we’re boosting people, what we’re doing is following them. We’re going to see what the durability of that protection is, and as we always do, you just follow and let the data guide your policy and let the data guide your recommendations.”

https://deadline.com/2021/11/dr-fauci-walks-back-fully-vaccinated-definition-this-week-interview-1234878408/

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=3501

"Unvaccinated people are 7 times more likely to get infected with COVID-19 and 44 times more likely to be hospitalized than vaccinated people." 

More great vaccine news. 

19 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

VACCINES WORK DAMMIT!!

Thankfully cases are a strange measure at this point. Here's Gibraltar cases vs deaths. 

image.thumb.png.87e65d6e741e0638d9938d899e11482f.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=3501

"Unvaccinated people are 7 times more likely to get infected with COVID-19 and 44 times more likely to be hospitalized than vaccinated people." 

More great vaccine news. 

Thankfully cases are a strange measure at this point. Here's Gibraltar cases vs deaths. 

image.thumb.png.87e65d6e741e0638d9938d899e11482f.png

I could be wrong but weren't you one of the guys bashing Florida for our spiking cases in August? It seems interesting that cases are the best way to track Covid until it shows the vaccine is so limited 

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I could be wrong but weren't you one of the guys bashing Florida for our spiking cases in August? It seems interesting that cases are the best way to track Covid until it shows the vaccine is so limited 

You made a mistake. Here are several of my Florida takes:  

"I wonder if the situation in Florida will expand northwards as the fall comes. The vax rate in Florida in particular is not that much worse than many states with lower case counts. "

"You missed my point on Florida. I assume it’s no different there than it will be everywhere on cases and deaths and agree with DeSantis’s approach completely."

"Lest my posts about Florida be misconstrued, I suspect it’s just a matter of time before the higher vaccinated states see the same thing. 30-40% unvaccinated is still a lot of vulnerable humans in the more vaccinated states."

".I don't think Florida lied when their cases were low. I don't think they are lying now that they are setting records. Likewise I don't believe NY was lying either, though the one set of numbers that could be all screwed up is in the March-May data for 2020. "

Edited by Sundancer

12 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You made a mistake. Here are several of my Florida takes:  

"I wonder if the situation in Florida will expand northwards as the fall comes. The vax rate in Florida in particular is not that much worse than many states with lower case counts. "

"You missed my point on Florida. I assume it’s no different there than it will be everywhere on cases and deaths and agree with DeSantis’s approach completely."

"Lest my posts about Florida be misconstrued, I suspect it’s just a matter of time before the higher vaccinated states see the same thing. 30-40% unvaccinated is still a lot of vulnerable humans in the more vaccinated states."

".I don't think Florida lied when their cases were low. I don't think they are lying now that they are setting records. Likewise I don't believe NY was lying either, though the one set of numbers that could be all screwed up is in the March-May data for 2020. "

I stand corrected, I am glad I put in my conditional to begin the post.

We’re now onto Page 196 and the debate rages on. Where the heck is the Presidential leadership on this issue? This guys been in an office for a year and we STILL see Dr Death trotting out to his favorite media outlets, and Joe ‘working’ on everything but the pandemic. Come on people! You can get the 200 page mark…I know you can! 👍

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, dhg said:

This is insane. I got vaccinated why? I hope the sheep remember this come the next election 

Screw that, it’s time for mass mask disobedience.... they do nothing . Just insanity that politicians are doing this when even vaccines won’t prevent Covid and definitely won’t eliminate it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Screw that, it’s time for mass mask disobedience.... they do nothing . Just insanity that politicians are doing this when even vaccines won’t prevent Covid and definitely won’t eliminate it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It’s almost like WW3- a global movement against pharmaceutical fascism and authoritarianism...

Power to the people... Doesn’t get any better than that! 👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I was a good little disobeyer.  I never wore a mask everywhere even when I was required to unless I was vaccinated.  No one asked so ***** off.  Oh....I didn't get sick or die in case you couldn't tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I was a good little disobeyer.  I never wore a mask everywhere even when I was required to unless I was vaccinated.  No one asked so ***** off.  Oh....I didn't get sick or die in case you couldn't tell. 

i never wore a mask, unvaxxed, attended 2 "super-spreaders" still no rona.

Canada, China... no difference 

VANCOUVER -- With children as young as five now eligible for vaccination against COVID-19, there are likely heated disputes brewing between parents with differing views – and some may eventually end up in a courtroom.

But dragging a fight over childhood immunization before a judge is unlikely to end well for anti-vaccine parents, according to B.C. lawyer Martina Milau, who dealt with a number of similar vaccine battles prior to the pandemic.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/anti-vax-parents-unlikely-to-win-child-immunization-disputes-in-court-b-c-lawyer-says-1.5676978

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hey @Sundancer, have a question for you. If the whole point of the vaccine is it prevents hospitalization and severe illness, and yet 43% of those hospitalized in Erie county are fully vaxed, what is wrong with the following statement. 

A high percentage of those vaxed who get Covid do not go to hospital, so if hospitalization rate  are roughly 55-45, the vast majority of Covid cases Has To be in vaxed people.   Just has to be. 

what am I missing?

pandemic of the yet to be infected way more than of the unvaccinated. 

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Your sources 

Uhm, so I am not to believe Mark Polancarz or the Erie county health department? 

or not believe Fauci that getting a vax greatly reduces the chance of serious illness and not needing hospitalization?

Which source should I not believe?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Uhm, so I am not to believe Mark Polancarz or the Erie county health department? 

or not believe Fauci that getting a vax greatly reduces the chance of serious illness and not needing hospitalization?

Which source should I not believe?

Um - you can believe whatever you want. I’m sure the Easter Bunny, Santa and Tooth Fairy rank high in your little mind.

But if you’re going to throw stats around back it up w sources. That’s all precious

You asked what is missing - lmao - I answered.