It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Yes like Covid started in a lab, that the vaccine wanted in under a year, that masks outside are not helpful, that Invermectin is a drug that won a Nobel prize for use on humans. All of these are debunked and only stupid right wingers believe them. 

The source of COVID-19 has not been confirmed. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So what other theory makes sense to you? 

Just pointing out that the origins have not been conclusively determined.  

Succinctly, if COVID-19 existed in nature pre-pandemic, mankind could find it.  Polio.  Conclusive.  Numerous scientists can find the source independently.    Flu is easy.  Hantavirus outbreaks, conclusive.  Ebola, conclusive, can find it in Africa every year.  HIV, found it. Pandemics like COVID, SARS, and MERS, there's no source that can be independently verified, which suggests it's not nature's doing. 

Another thing I'll add - those murky, possibly non-nature pandemics are all fairly recent - dating back to the mid 2000s.  You don't have these outbreaks of unusual respiratory viruses in previous decades.   

7 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Succinctly, if COVID-19 existed in nature pre-pandemic, mankind could find it.  Polio.  Conclusive.  Numerous scientists can find the source independently.    Flu is easy.  Hantavirus outbreaks, conclusive.  Ebola, conclusive, can find it in Africa every year.  HIV, found it. Pandemics like COVID, SARS, and MERS, there's no source that can be independently verified, which suggests it's not nature's doing. 

Another thing I'll add - those murky, possibly non-nature pandemics are all fairly recent - dating back to the mid 2000s.  You don't have these outbreaks of unusual respiratory viruses in previous decades.   

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

FOX NEWS TOLD THESE IDIOTS WHERE IT WAS SOURCED - HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THEM!!!!!????

Meanwhile, back to the thread... lmao

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Are you pointing out that the only reasonable conclusion is that the virus came from the lab? All the evidence points there but the Chinese govt wobt allow an investigation.

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

FOX NEWS TOLD THESE IDIOTS WHERE IT WAS SOURCED - HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THEM!!!!!????

Meanwhile, back to the thread... lmao

You seem very quick to call everyone an idiot these days. Could it be that all of your crap is being exposed as utter bullish!t? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You seem very quick to call everyone an idiot these days. Could it be that all of your crap is being exposed as utter bullish!t? 

Um, has it?  You, of course, not providing an ounce of proof.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Trumps cult is not known for its intelligence.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I have to provide proof that you’ve been calling everyone idiots? Why? 

Oh, no... precious - try to keep up:

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Could it be that all of your crap is being exposed as utter bullish!t? 

lmao - idiots

Look, everyone’s gonna get covid- either from an vaccinated person or unvaccinated person...So, taking the vaccine protects no one but yourself...

We need to learn to just live with covid, because we will not be able to vaccinate our way out of this, according to the experts...Once we accept this reality, the better off we will be...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

We need to learn to just live with covid, because we will not be able to vaccinate our way out of this, according to the experts...Once we accept this reality, the better off we will be...👍

Correct!

But yours and my definition of "live with this" is not the same as the people in charge in all the wrong places.  

You'll need to live with masks - every situation you will at least be asking "do I need a mask here" because they made that permanent while the fascists were telling us the right thinks that's all a conspiracy.  

You'll need a booster every year or you're fired.   

Vaccine passports already in use.  Needed for all foreign and domestic travel.  

But yea, we're just going to drop everything now and live life.  

We allowed this to get political and it's game over - Pro Vaccine Mandates (The Fascist Left) and Anti Mandates (The Pro Death Right).   

Been saying this since April.....2020.  All protocols should be dropped immediately.  I blame Trump for the shutdown.  And I blame the left for using this to be a political weapon - which depending on your conspiracy of choice may have already been. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So facts about the limitations of the vaccine are now "antivax". Does that makes lies about the vaccine having no side effects "pro vax"? 

When you knee jerk to data and draw the wrong conclusion, that’s called bias hombre. 

You’re so eager to argue that you don’t dig any deeper. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

It's reported as if this is acceptable!

Austria to put millions of unvaccinated people in Covid lockdown

Austria is set to place millions of people not fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in lockdown in a matter of days while the German government said it planned to tighten restrictions, as infections in both countries soar to record highs and intensive care units face an increasing strain.

The provinces of Upper Austria and Salzburg are expected to introduce a lockdown for unvaccinated people from Monday next week after recommendations from medical experts, Austria’s health minister, Wolfgang Mückstein, said on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/12/austria-province-to-place-millions-of-unvaccinated-people-in-covid-lockdown

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Florida proving you don’t have to shut down society or mandate anything to have success over covid...👍

Dont forget that NH has very high Covid numbers despite the high vaccination rate there. Behavior is more important than the vaccine. 

On 11/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I pop back in here once in awhile only to find the same nonsensical arguments going back and forth.....for months now.  The primary argument is NOT against vaccines.  It is against the government's right/ability to mandate them! 

Carry on.

Exactly. I started the damn thread and even I'm sick of it.

Vaccine mandates? I'm for them (hey, that's the title of the thread!) but I will gladly concede that there is room for debate. Mandate for whom? When? What types of exemptions? All of that is ... debatable.

Watching this morph into "vaccines are garbage" or "vaccines are part of a vast big pharma conspiracy" or, as we have it in the latest version, actually RUIN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM is just depressing.

If one wants to lose all faith in the intelligence of ordinary Americans, well, this may be the place to start.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Vaccine mandates? I'm for them (hey, that's the title of the thread!) but I will gladly concede that there is room for debate. Mandate for whom? When? What types of exemptions? All of that is ... debatable.

Watching this morph into "vaccines are garbage" or "vaccines are part of a vast big pharma conspiracy" or, as we have it in the latest version, actually RUIN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM is just depressing.

If one wants to lose all faith in the intelligence of ordinary Americans, well, this may be the place to start.

You can start the " don't trust govt in regards to the vaccine" with Fauci lying about the virus origin. Anyone paying attention started questioning then, and then we had "just get vaccinated and we go back to normal" which was lie also. I think people should choose when to get vaccinated on their own and it is pathetic that anyone believes they should force others to get something that is still being figured out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just get vaccinated and you can have your life back (utterly preposterous as is) became just get vaccinated and then well we aren't really sure but we'll use OSHA to force compliance and then once vaccinated you really don't have your life back we still need to vaccinate the third world so masks and protocols for the next 50 years.   

You're a f***ing idiot and a coward if you support ANY mandates or protocols 

8 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Get vaccinated. Or be stupid.

Cool vid animation showing evil science.

I don’t understand why you feel it necessary to insult people who disagree with you...people choosing not to get vaccinated are making an educated decision that they feel is best for them, just like people who decide to get vaccinated...there is nothing stupid about either choice imo...

Furthermore, Biden’s top Covid expert has already claimed that vaccination will not end covid, and that it is, likely, here to stay...this is because vaccines don’t protect other people- they only protect the people taking them...so why do you care whether people get vaccinated or decide to go the monoclonal antibody route? They are both therapeutics that mitigate symptoms...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t understand why you feel it necessary to insult people who disagree with you...people choosing not to get vaccinated are making an educated decision that they feel is best for them, just like people who decide to get vaccinated...there is nothing stupid about either choice imo...

Furthermore, Biden’s top Covid expert has already claimed that vaccination will not end covid, and that it is, likely, here to stay...this is because vaccines don’t protect other people- they only protect the people taking them...so why do you care whether people get vaccinated or decide to go the monoclonal antibody route? They are both therapeutics that mitigate symptoms...

Remember back when the vaccines first appeared and the talk from officials like Fauci was about the need to get as many people vaccinated as possible so we can achieve "herd immunity"?  Herd immunity  was 60%, then 70%, then higher still.  Cutting to the chase, if the vaccine does not grant immunity, either short-term or permanent, then how can we ever possibly achieve herd immunity?  Because nobody being just vaccinated is immune, period.  Right?  Maybe the goal should be "herd protection"?  Then there's the debate over natural vs. vaccination immunity and protection.  Although we know the vaccine provides no immunity we insist it is "better" than natural immunity from infection and recovery.  Call me skeptical of that conclusion based on the evidence.

So the truth is the vaccine provides the patient with protection.  Protection that is not very well defined empirically or objectively but protection said to be against serious illness or death.  But not immunity from serious illness or death from the virus. 

So how much less of a threat is a vaccinated person to give me the virus than an un-vaccinated person?  It depends. On when you got vaccinated, on when others got vaccinated, on your specific health profile, on the specific heatlh profile of others, on if the un-vaccinated people you come into contact with have ever had COVID and when they might have had it.  

My conclusion from all this is vaccinating every single person is not going to eliminate the virus from society.  And the vaccine is simply a treatment.  And other treatments are other potential options.  And they should be embraced and not casually dismissed.  My concern is health officials know this, they've known this from day one.  And yet they still push vaccination as the only legitimate approach.  And continue to disparage treatment options.  And provide no standard of care options for when people get infected.  Stay home and if you get sicker go to the hospital.  That's the best we can do?  I don't believe that.     

11 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks Frank! That’s exactly my point. I thought you’d started an interesting thread about what the government should and shouldn’t be able to mandate in a free society. But instead it devolved into the same boring discussion on the efficacy of vaccines. Yawn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You seem like a reasonable person open to changing your mind through civil discourse…

I am serious what would call someone who allows paranoia to rule their life? I think coward is an appropriate term. If you have been vaccinated then others actions should not be needed. If everyone has to protect from a .1% event that you can protect yourself from you are a coward and likely an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Appeals Court re-affirms stay on Biden vaccine OSHA rule mandate.  Likely headed to a Supreme Court test.

"The mandate is staggeringly overbroad," the opinion said adding that the vaccine mandate "raises serious constitutional concerns" and "likely exceeds the federal government’s authority."

Proponents argued the mandates serve the public interest and they are necessary to put an end to the nearly two-year coronavirus pandemic.  The court commented "the public interest is also served by maintaining our constitutional structure and maintaining the liberty of individuals to make intensely personal decisions according to their own convictions - even, or perhaps particularly, when those decisions frustrate government officials".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/11/12/appeals-court-hits-brakes-biden-covid-19-vaccine-rule-employers/6359969001/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm for mandating birth control.  Overpopulation is one of the biggest issues with the problems in the world.  COVID will eventually go away or get to a point where it's affect on the planet is minimal however overpopulation will be with us forever.  

For those who can't tell this is sarcasm but hopefully my point resonates. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Appeals Court re-affirms stay on Biden vaccine OSHA rule mandate.  Likely headed to a Supreme Court test.

"The mandate is staggeringly overbroad," the opinion said adding that the vaccine mandate "raises serious constitutional concerns" and "likely exceeds the federal government’s authority."

Proponents argued the mandates serve the public interest and they are necessary to put an end to the nearly two-year coronavirus pandemic.  The court commented "the public interest is also served by maintaining our constitutional structure and maintaining the liberty of individuals to make intensely personal decisions according to their own convictions - even, or perhaps particularly, when those decisions frustrate government officials".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/11/12/appeals-court-hits-brakes-biden-covid-19-vaccine-rule-employers/6359969001/

God bless the Constitution! 👍

Now I can understand why the radical Left hates it so much- it thwarts their tyrannical authoritarianism...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Lock people's cellphones until they enter a vaccinated code. Do it for social media too.

It should be easy to convince those companies to do it on their own. They already support mandates.

Who is they?

Corporations?

You're a lib correct?

Supposed to be for democracy freedom and executing anyone that was at the January 6th stop the steal rally?

Hold on a second....

Cracking Up Lol GIF

33 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Lock people's cellphones until they enter a vaccinated code. Do it for social media too.

It should be easy to convince those companies to do it on their own. They already support mandates.

This is why people like you should never have power...your lust for it is too great and unhealthy...👍