It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

Just got this text from a buddy of mine who teaches math, mostly has juniors, here in Northern VA where the 1st quarter just ended:

"They're lost.  Especially the juniors.  Assuming they did nothing online as sophomores they are leaping from freshmen where they lost half the year to juniors.  From kids to adults with no structure.  The SATs are going to be the worst ever recorded.  They won't recover from this.  There is no recovering this."

This is why deep blue dumpster fires like California want to basically cancel the SATs or not use them for application. 

The GOP nor running ads of school boards condescension towards parents, videos of parents in tears over their kids education loss is infuriating.  Those should be the only ads this Youngkin should be running here.  And everywhere for that matter.  

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

When considered against the premise of mass vaccinations of kids, I'm unsure this proves your odds of myocarditis are lower with the vaccines compared to Covid-at-large, and I don't feel it's scientifically honest to draw that conclusion from this study.

This was my question: I've not seen that study (if it exists). Joe Rogan was talking about this exact issue with Sanjay Gupta last week. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just got this text from a buddy of mine who teaches math, mostly has juniors, here in Northern VA where the 1st quarter just ended:

"They're lost.  Especially the juniors.  Assuming they did nothing online as sophomores they are leaping from freshmen where they lost half the year to juniors.  From kids to adults with no structure.  The SATs are going to be the worst ever recorded.  They won't recover from this.  There is no recovering this."

This is why deep blue dumpster fires like California want to basically cancel the SATs or not use them for application. 

The GOP nor running ads of school boards condescension towards parents, videos of parents in tears over their kids education loss is infuriating.  Those should be the only ads this Youngkin should be running here.  And everywhere for that matter.  

So you're saying that CA schools will all be like Mississippi and Alabama now? An interesting hypothesis. 

What we did and are still doing to kids in Covid is an epic disaster.  

• Agree 1

Trump voters:

Ice Cube Loses $9 Million Film Gig After Refusing to Get Vaccinated

Actor and rapper Ice Cube is apparently so adamant about not getting the COVID vaccine that he’s willing to lose $9 million.

According to sources cited by The Hollywood Reporter, he left the Sony comedy Oh Hell No! after he refused producers’ requests to get vaccinated. 

The film, which is set to star Jack Black, is scheduled to start production in Hawaii in December. Ice Cube was set to receive a $9 million payout for the production.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ice-cube-ditches-sony-comedy-oh-hell-no-after-refusing-to-get-covid-vaccine

F your freedoms!

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My school district just dropped the mask mandate despite our school numbers being very steady across the county. Our superintendent also is allowing teachers to not use mask starting right after Thanksgiving. Why would she choose the time frame that is when the numbers are expected to spike regardless of mask mandates at work? The only reason is that this is political and not science related at all.

My speculation alone:  Post election school board results, and if she's in the last year of her contract and desires a new one, she may be reading the room.  Is your school board election a hotly contested one, or one with a lot of seats open?  

On 10/28/2021 at 8:24 PM, Big Blitz said:

We're just going to reign this in baby!  

Covid: Double vaccinated can still spread virus at home

Double jabbed people are catching Covid and passing it on to those they live with, warn experts who have studied UK household cases.

Individuals who have had two vaccine doses can be just as infectious as those who have not been jabbed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59077036

Get vaxxed tho!  That's how this "ends."

Tell me you didn’t read the study without telling me you didn’t read the study. 

Does vaccination stop all transmission? Nein. Does vaccination reduce transmission? Shocker, yes. The highest risk of spread is unvaccinated to unvaccinated. The lowest risk of spread is drumroll…. vaccinated to vaccinated. The lowest risk of serious outcomes is super long drumroll………. among those who are vaccinated.

But by all means run with the sky is falling headline.

So sad that Demented Biden has lost control of the pandemic.  He's demented.  He was always useless.  Has no idea what to do.  Dems are laughing at him behind his back, along with the rest of the country.  Communist politicians running like rats to try to get re-elected, distancing themselves from the other communists and Demented Biden.  We used to have great leaders.  Jimmy Carter was better than this useless clown.  We deserve better. 

What a Mess.jpg

Edited by Irv

Bill Maher:  Florida was right

Bill Maher rails against COVID restrictions: It's time to admit pandemic is 'over'

The HBO star claimed Friday that red states were "a joy" to visit these days while blue states were "a pain in the a--" because of coronavirus rules

"Real Time" host Bill Maher railed against ongoing COVID restrictions, declaring the pandemic "over."

Maher kicked off the show's panel discussion Friday night by expressing relief that Dr. Anthony Fauci has given the green light on Halloween since it's been Maher's "position since the beginning of this."

"Just resume living," Maher told his audience. "I know some people seem to not want to give up on the wonderful pandemic, but you know what? It's over. There's always going to be a variant. You shouldn't have to wear masks. I should be to … I haven't had a meeting with my staff since March of 2020. Why?"

"Also, vaccine, mask, pick one! You've got to pick. You can't make me mask if I've had the vaccine," Maher added. 

The Atlantic staff writer Caitlin Flanagan told Maher she had "broken up with COVID" after the first year of the pandemic, comparing it to an "abusive" boyfriend. 

"And I got the vaccine. I walked out of the CVS. I hadn't been that thrilled coming out of the drugstore since I got the birth control pill in 1981," Flanagan quipped. "I've had cancer. I'm triple vaxxed. If it gets me, fair play to it because it will put up a fight against me but I'm not staying in my house again."

Maher then pressed his guest, Sen. Chris *****, D-Del., since "it's the Democrats" that keep enforcing COVID restrictions. 

"I travel in every state now, back on the road, and the red states are a joy and the blue states are a pain in the a--. For no reason," Maher said. 

Chris *****, Moron: CT:

"One of the critical things that's being discussed right now by President Biden, one of the things we have to recommit ourselves to, is supporting vaccination around the rest of the world," ***** responded. "There's still a lot of countries that are very, very minimally vaccinated because if a variant develops out in the world that is able to defeat the vaccine, we are all the way back to the beginning. So in the United States, in most of the western world, we're ready to be done with this, but we're not done until the world is safe and we're not safe as a world until the world's vaccinated."

"Except the world recognizes natural immunity. We don't," Maher pushed back, "because everything in this country has to go through the pharmaceutical companies. Natural immunity is the best kind of immunity. We shouldn't fire people who have natural immunity because they don't get the vaccine. We should hire them. Yes?"

The HBO star complained about the "messaging" regarding COVID, pointing to people he had seen outside "alone walking with a mask," stressing "it's so stupid."

"It's an amulet, you know? A charm people wear around the neck that wards away evil spirits. It means nothing," Maher said. "I mean, can't we get people to understand the facts more?"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bill-maher-covid-restrictions-coronavirus-pandemic-over

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

"We've heard you anti-vaxxers"

Stop using vapid terms like this.

You can be pro vaccine and pro freedom at the same time. It's mindless us vs them terminology like this that makes us stupid, dishonest and divided. 

Life -- real life at least -- is more complicated than this. 

The mandates have nothing to do with the virus, and everything to do with with getting everyone into the coming digital social credit system...

That’s why people can see the obvious scientific inconsistencies with the mandates- because there are ulterior motives...and this is causing people to reject the mandates...in their minds, the issue is bigger than the virus...

This is also why Biden scoffs at freedom, when asked about the mandates...in his heart of hearts I don’t think he believes in individual autonomy, but rather government authoritarianism...and that’s just the truth of the matter imo...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

“There is a plague and we’ve developed an inoculation against said plague. After mass inoculation there is an increase in infected numbers.”

Literally just a Voight-Kampff test. 

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty-six percent of municipal employees in New York City were still unvaccinated following a Friday deadline that mandated workers get the COVID-19 vaccine.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/579257-26k-nyc-workers-remain-unvaccinated-after-friday-dead

More likely many of those are actually vaccinated but refuse to provide proof. Many such cases. 

This essentially gives the relevant unions license to strike in a state that forbids it. 

26 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Gov. Ron is bringing back rubella and polio! 

Your logic seems a bit “off”...

People don’t have to be mandated to get a vaccine if they want to get it LOL...it’s available to all who want it...amazing concept, I know...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Gov. Ron is bringing back rubella and polio! 

We still will have the mandates on childhood illness and disease, just not making kids responsible for dishonest people like you. I though am not surprised you would not understand.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

We still will have the mandates on childhood illness and disease, just not making kids responsible for dishonest people like you. I though am not surprised you would not understand.

It’s called “willful blindness” to satisfy a narrative...and it’s very disingenuous...

Edited by JaCrispy

● NYC firehouses already shutting down over vaccine mandate.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/10/31/nyc-firehouses-already-shutting-down-over-vaccine-mandate-n425972

● New York City’s looming COVID garbage problem.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/10/30/new-york-citys-looming-covid-garbage-problem-n425845

● NYPD’s Largest Union Plans to Sue City Over COVID Vaccine Mandate.

https://www.newsweek.com/nypds-largest-union-plans-sue-city-over-covid-vaccine-mandate-1640933

I feel that most of these mandates will eventually quietly disappear, even in NYC.  You'll have some hardcore holdouts, sure, but for most, the economic realties of not having people to work and spending the time and money contesting every single unemployment claim and lawsuit isn't an efficient use of *their* money.  It's not like President Biden or the CDC is sending you a free attorney to help.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Oh good so vaccine administration is up in Florida under Ron's leadership? 

Erm......

I like DeSantis's policies. His leadership on vaccines, not so much. 

Edited by Sundancer

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Oh good so vaccine administration is up in Florida under Ron's leadership? 

Erm......

I like DeSantis's policies. His leadership on vaccines, not so much. 

I know you are an authoritarian kind of guy, so I doubt you actually like anything about DeSantis.

Sheriff warns vaccine mandate causing 'mass exodus' among personnel

"I have repeatedly stated the dangers to public safety when 20%-30% of my workforce is no longer available to provide service, and those dangers are quickly becoming a reality," Villanueva said in a prepared statement that he posted on social media last week. "We are experiencing an increase in unscheduled retirements, worker compensation claims, employees quitting, and a reduction in qualified applicants."

With the pandemic waning, there is no justification for the Board mandate," Villanueva said. "It is like putting up the storm windows after the storm has passed."

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-10-31/despite-sheriffs-warning-of-a-mass-exodus-county-officials-holding-firm-on-vaccine-requirement

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

"I have repeatedly stated the dangers to public safety when 20%-30% of my workforce is no longer available to provide service, and those dangers are quickly becoming a reality," Villanueva said in a prepared statement that he posted on social media last week. "We are experiencing an increase in unscheduled retirements, worker compensation claims, employees quitting, and a reduction in qualified applicants."

With the pandemic waning, there is no justification for the Board mandate," Villanueva said. "It is like putting up the storm windows after the storm has passed."

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-10-31/despite-sheriffs-warning-of-a-mass-exodus-county-officials-holding-firm-on-vaccine-requirement

All the petty politician wanna-be dictators issuing edicts and proclamations demanding the plebs all fall in line and act obediently to their commands will find somebody else to blame for the consequences of their decisions.  If you don't blindly obey and follow the dictates of authoritarians then you're not following the science.  You're a bad, bad person.  That includes all the previously designated "heroes" that risked their lives during the pandemic to keep everyone else "safe".  But now need to be fired.  By the way, thanks for your service.  The message here, politicians are generally scum bags that will use and lose you whenever they deem fit to do so.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

oh no please don't let large cities become distrubing hellscapes nooo...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

All the petty politician wanna-be dictators issuing edicts and proclamations demanding the plebs all fall in line and act obediently to their commands will find somebody else to blame for the consequences of their decisions.  If you don't blindly obey and follow the dictates of authoritarians then you're not following the science.  You're a bad, bad person.  That includes all the previously designated "heroes" that risked their lives during the pandemic to keep everyone else "safe".  But now need to be fired.  By the way, thanks for your service.  The message here, politicians are generally scum bags that will use and lose you whenever they deem fit to do so.  

Stupid policy that makes no sense for cops.

Healthcare is about the only setting I can understand requiring Covid vaccines (or maybe exceptions for some proof of immunity) as a prerequisite for employment. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 2

Paying attention yet?

COLORADO: Gov. Polis signs order giving state control of hospital admissions as hospitalizations remain high. 

“The order pertaining to hospital transfers authorizes the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to order hospitals to transfer or cease the admission of patients.”

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/coronavirus/gov-polis-signs-order-giving-state-control-of-hospital-admissions-as-hospitalizations-remain-high

While looking at the seizure of power, there is something people seem to be missing. Rather hidden in the article is this:

"Polis also announced last week that Colorado will start distributing monoclonal antibody treatments at mobile sites in an effort to reduce the hospitalization rate but continued to stress the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines in preventing severe outcomes for people who contract the virus."

Why is there a hospitalization problem?

Because the governor wanted to force vaccinations by withholding a treatment method.

Now, when things have reached "crisis" level, he is releasing the treatment, even while continuing to stress the vaccinations

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Paying attention yet?

COLORADO: Gov. Polis signs order giving state control of hospital admissions as hospitalizations remain high. 

“The order pertaining to hospital transfers authorizes the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to order hospitals to transfer or cease the admission of patients.”

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/coronavirus/gov-polis-signs-order-giving-state-control-of-hospital-admissions-as-hospitalizations-remain-high

While looking at the seizure of power, there is something people seem to be missing. Rather hidden in the article is this:

"Polis also announced last week that Colorado will start distributing monoclonal antibody treatments at mobile sites in an effort to reduce the hospitalization rate but continued to stress the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines in preventing severe outcomes for people who contract the virus."

Because the governor wanted to force vaccinations by withholding a treatment method.

Now, when things have reached "crisis" level, he is releasing the treatment, even while continuing to stress the vaccinations

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data

Could this be the fundamental problem?  From State's COVID stat site.  Number of facilities anticipating staff shortages (within the next week) - 38%

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data

Could this be the fundamental problem?  From State's COVID stat site.  Number of facilities anticipating staff shortages (within the next week) - 38%

Absolutely.

Secondary to the mandate.

But I would expect the Hospital administration to handle things better than a state agency.

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow

People coming to their senses is always a beautiful thing...

Top officials have already conceded we will not be able to achieve herd immunity by vaccination...and everyone will eventually get the virus...firing people, or segregating people over vaccination is so ridiculous, it’s silly...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

People coming to their senses is always a beautiful thing...

Top officials have already conceded we will not be able to achieve herd immunity by vaccination...and everyone will eventually get the virus...firing people, or segregating people over vaccination is so ridiculous, it’s silly...

You know what else might help?  A more effective standard of care (SOC) treatment protocol for people that test positive with mild/moderate symptoms and are told to stay home.  Right now the SOC as I read it is stay home and if you get better then great.  If you get sicker then go to the hospital and we will start treatment and hopefully its soon enough to keep you from dying.  Maybe, just maybe starting patient treatment at home as early as possible would keep a lot of people out of the hospital and also keep them alive?  But I suppose we can't have anything that will impact the revenue streams of hospitals and doctors and providers of expensive drugs and MABs?   

Here's the link to the CDC guidelines.  Maybe I missed something?

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/management/clinical-management/nonhospitalized-adults--therapeutic-management/

As I'm getting it, after 20 months no medications or pro-active treatment options are recommended or approved for people at home.  For a country with the world's highest cost health care system this is simply unacceptable.  But places like India they do have these options, a bundle of medications and vitamins.  And they have worked.  But mysteriously applying these same treatment options cease to work when you cross into the United States. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2021 at 12:39 PM, B-Man said:

Paying attention yet?

Sorry, you just don't understand what's going on in my state.

The governor wasn't "withholding a treatment method." He is stepping in to try to ensure distribution of that treatment method as Colorado - out of sync with much of the country - is seeing rising COVID cases.

I didn't like Polis as a congressman, and I'm not thrilled overall with him as a governor. But in general we've hit a pretty solid middle ground here between COVID restrictions and an attempt to maintain normal life, and I have to give him a fair degree of credit for that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So, a very disturbing tweet for me from Mark Poloncarnz if true:

follow up tweet:

"Of the 145 COVID-19 patients in the hospital on November 1, 88 patients (61%) were not fully vaccinated, 22 (65%) of 34 ICU patients were not fully vaccinated, and 14 (61%) of 23 patients with an airway assist were not fully vaccinated. 2/2"

Very, very, very small numbers but if true nearly 40% of their patients are fully vaccinated and that percent follows through increasing severity!

The good news is Pfizer's booster dose restores immunity up to initial levels:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021005491/en/

To summarize:  10,000 participants age 16 and up, median 11 months past second dose, monitored for covid 7 days post injection with 2.5 month follow up.  Looking at the timings, I would estimate the booster study was done in late spring/early June with 2.5 follow-up late summer before concluding study, if so it did hold up against Delta.     

Bottom line is if you are older or know anyone high risk for Covid on Pfizer vaccine, go get your booster.  Protection may be significantly degraded after 6 months.  Some evidence Moderna's lasts longer but not sure how much longer. 

Just a reminder that natural immunity protection will also fade over time, but this may be a CDC fail.  40% is way too large a number, can this be unique to Erie county?  If not, the CDC is really dropping the ball IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

So, a very disturbing tweet for me from Mark Poloncarnz if true:

follow up tweet:

"Of the 145 COVID-19 patients in the hospital on November 1, 88 patients (61%) were not fully vaccinated, 22 (65%) of 34 ICU patients were not fully vaccinated, and 14 (61%) of 23 patients with an airway assist were not fully vaccinated. 2/2"

Very, very, very small numbers but if true nearly 40% of their patients are fully vaccinated and that percent follows through increasing severity!

The good news is Pfizer's booster dose restores immunity up to initial levels:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021005491/en/

To summarize:  10,000 participants age 16 and up, median 11 months past second dose, monitored for covid 7 days post injection with 2.5 month follow up.  Looking at the timings, I would estimate the booster study was done in late spring/early June with 2.5 follow-up late summer before concluding study, if so it did hold up against Delta.     

Bottom line is if you are older or know anyone high risk for Covid on Pfizer vaccine, go get your booster.  Protection may be significantly degraded after 6 months.  Some evidence Moderna's lasts longer but not sure how much longer. 

Just a reminder that natural immunity protection will also fade over time, but this may be a CDC fail.  40% is way too large a number, can this be unique to Erie county?  If not, the CDC is really dropping the ball IMO.

The larger scale numbers of vaccinated vs unvaccinated are much more convincing than this small sample. And of course, high risk folks should be boosted. 

I could give lots of links but here's at least a recent summary thread on Singapore.