It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

On 11/21/2021 at 6:05 PM, Big Blitz said:

Dr. Anthony Fauci Walks Back Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated’ In ‘This Week’ Interview

Fully vaccinated doesn’t necessarily mean you have received a Covid-19 booster, said Dr. Anthony Fauci in a Sunday interview with ABC’s This Week.

“If you look at the data that we have, fully vaccinated right now, by definition, is the original two doses [of] … Pfizer and Moderna and a single dose with [the one-shot Johnson & Johnson],” Fauci told ABC anchor Martha Raddatz on This Week.

“We’ll continue to follow the data, because right now when we’re boosting people, what we’re doing is following them. We’re going to see what the durability of that protection is, and as we always do, you just follow and let the data guide your policy and let the data guide your recommendations.”

https://deadline.com/2021/11/dr-fauci-walks-back-fully-vaccinated-definition-this-week-interview-1234878408/

"Recommendations"

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Um - you can believe whatever you want. I’m sure the Easter Bunny, Santa and Tooth Fairy rank high in your little mind.

But if you’re going to throw stats around back it up w sources. That’s all precious

You asked what is missing - lmao - I answered.

Of those hospitalized, Poloncarz said 57% were unvaccinated, which means 43% were in the hospital despite having been vaccinated 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey @Sundancer, have a question for you. If the whole point of the vaccine is it prevents hospitalization and severe illness, and yet 43% of those hospitalized in Erie county are fully vaxed, what is wrong with the following statement. 

A high percentage of those vaxed who get Covid do not go to hospital, so if hospitalization rate  are roughly 55-45, the vast majority of Covid cases Has To be in vaxed people.   Just has to be. 

what am I missing?

You're missing an understanding of statistics, for starters. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You're missing an understanding of statistics, for starters. 

Do explain please. I asked show me what I am missing. 

55-45 in hospital right now. If vaccines keep you out of hospital at a huge rate compared to unvaxed, it has to be vast majority of cases are in vaxed people. 

explain why that logic is faulty. 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

image.thumb.jpeg.987716ea6e435b9dce74ea4171cb0fed.jpeg

I forgot, you troll when you know you are wrong. Such a simple person. Such a simple mind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

55-45 in hospital right now. If vaccines keep you out of hospital at a huge rate compared to unvaxed, it has to be vast majority of cases are in vaxed people. 

I forgot, you troll when you know you are wrong. Such a simple person. Such a simple mind. 

You clearly have no idea what it means to source - lmao

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You clearly have no idea what it means to source - lmao

Okay, so as reported in the Buffalo Mews quoting Polancarz at his pressure yesterday. He was using Erie County Health Depatment stats. 

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/mask-mandate-returns-to-erie-county-and-tougher-restrictions-could-be-next/article_0eba6bbe-4bb5-11ec-a005-4b32f29ac94b.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

so, you believe all 3 are not good sources of info? If so, must mean they lying about all thins Covid. 

again, explain how hospitalizations can be roughly 55-45 when the vax was supposed to keep out of the hospital. And if that is true, than the VAST majority of Covid cases in WNY right now is in the Vaxed , not the unvaxed. 

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

They can't answer.  

Because it would be an admission all they've done is wrong.

I've never seen deflecting and flat out cowering from such simple logical questions in all my life 

But again, it's because they are supporting some of the most evil vile anti American policies Anti Freedom policies in history.  

• Like (+1) 1

Stopping back in here to give an update. One of my staff members, who was fully vaccinated, contracted Covid from his live-in adult son, and it spread through their house to his wife as well. They’re all on the road to recovery. We immediately had everyone on our team quarantine and get tested. Everyone has tested negative and I believe all are vaccinated. What did I learn? The vaccine didn’t stop my staff member from contracting Covid, especially in the close quarters of a single family house but I’m guessing it helped to stop the virus from getting into his lungs (he had a wicked fever, aches, and a rash). I also learned that it isn’t all that easy to spread it within the open space of an open office environment.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, so as reported in the Buffalo Mews quoting Polancarz at his pressure yesterday. He was using Erie County Health Depatment stats. 

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/mask-mandate-returns-to-erie-county-and-tougher-restrictions-could-be-next/article_0eba6bbe-4bb5-11ec-a005-4b32f29ac94b.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

so, you believe all 3 are not good sources of info? If so, must mean they lying about all thins Covid. 

again, explain how hospitalizations can be roughly 55-45 when the vax was supposed to keep out of the hospital. And if that is true, than the VAST majority of Covid cases in WNY right now is in the Vaxed , not the unvaxed. 

Your continued display of statistical ignorance is spectacular. Do please keep it up. 

plenzmd1 is why China laughs at our schooling

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, point out my ignorance with logic. Why the slurs? I am open to listen. 

Guys like you and Blitz don't have critical thinking capacity or you wouldn't be putting such ignorance on full display. 

Find your opinion. "Find" data. That's your order. Try the reverse.  

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

Guys like you and Blitz don't have critical thinking capacity or you wouldn't be putting such ignorance on full display. 

Okay, so you can’t answer the question, or tear apart my logic, or defend your position. 

and you think my critical thinking skills are bad? 

again, just tell me where my logic is wrong. 

I am assuming your reluctance to answer is an admittance my premise is correct and all ylu can do is hurl insults. 

poop poster indeed. 

This is just profoundly ignorant. If I'm not mistaken you are a gambling man (person). You really should know at least the minimum about interpreting statistics.

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is just profoundly ignorant. If I'm not mistaken you are a gambling man (person). You really should know at least the minimum about interpreting statistics.

Okay, again, I asked where my logic is wrong. Please expound. 

y’all have been great to say what an idiot I am without actually refuting the premise. I am open to hear your logic. 

45 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Lol!

Can't answer so resort to "you are beneath my ability to think critically you peon."

Hahahaha how pathetic.   

Answer his questions.  

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

y’all have been great to say what an idiot I am without actually refuting the premise. I am open to hear your logic. 

Oh no.....they'll just call you ignorant for presenting facts and asking logical questions 

Mask up WNY!   YEAR 3!

• Like (+1) 2

Okay, so you can’t answer the question, or tear apart my logic, or defend your position. 

and you think my critical thinking skills are bad? 

again, just tell me where my logic is wrong. 

I am assuming your reluctance to answer is an admittance my premise is correct and all ylu can do is hurl insults. 

poop poster indeed. 

It's not my job to educate you about statistics or critical thinking. 

But I'm happy calling you a moran. Moran. 

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Can't answer so resort to "you are beneath my ability to think critically you peon."

Hahahaha how pathetic.   

Answer his questions.

OK, I shouldn't have to waste my time doing this, but ... here it is, in as simple/understandable way possible.

1. Let's use nice round numbers. Population of Erie County = 1 million adults. 80 percent of adults fully vaccinated. (We will set aside under 18s now because they are a very small number and weren't eligible until recently)

That means: 

800,000 fully vaccinated adults

200,000 unvaccinated

2. Assume 100,000 people hospitalized (I know, way too high, but feel free to reduce that by a factor of 10 or 100 ... I trust you learned that in 5th grade math?)

55 percent of those are unvaccinated

That means 55,000 unvaccinated people hospitalized with COVID

45,000 vaccinated people hospitalized with COVID

3. Do the math:

- 55,000 unvaccinated people hospitalized out of a total population of 200,000 unvaccinated people. 27.5% chance that if you are unvaccinated you are currently hospitalized.

- 45,000 vaccinated people hospitalized out of a total population of 800,000 vaccinated people. 5.6% chance that if you are vaccinated you are currently hospitalized.

4. Do the ratio if you know how. 27.5 : 5.6 = 4.9.

So what have we learned? 

- vaccines will not eliminate the possibility that you will get COVID and have serious enough symptoms to be hospitalized

- vaccines WILL reduce your risk of getting COVID and having serious enough symptoms to be hospitalized by about 5X

Why isn't the ratio higher? Didn't the Evil Dr. Fauci suggest it was something like 12X? Doesn't this mean he is EVIL and POSSIBLY PART OF A GRAND CONSPIRACY??

No. No it doesn't. It most likely means there are confounding variables. We know vaccine acceptance was much higher among elderly people, who are the same people most likely to have severe symptoms if they get COVID, so that 55:45 split is likely not evenly distributed among age demographics. And, of course, there are always other confounding variables -- those with preexisting conditions were urged to get the vaccine first (and qualified first), and, of course, preexisting conditions are a huge contributor to the likelihood that your COVID infection will cause serious complications.

It isn't that hard to understand. Nothing I've done here requires more than arithmetic. No calculus, not even HS freshman algebra ....

46 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol!

Hahahaha how pathetic.   

Answer his questions.  

Oh no.....they'll just call you ignorant for presenting facts and asking logical questions 

Mask up WNY!   YEAR 3!

plenzmd1, your champion has arrived. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, I shouldn't have to waste my time doing this, but ... here it is, in as simple/understandable way possible.

1. Let's use nice round numbers. Population of Erie County = 1 million adults. 80 percent of adults fully vaccinated. (We will set aside under 18s now because they are a very small number and weren't eligible until recently)

That means: 

200,000 unvaccinated

2. Assume 100,000 people hospitalized (I know, way too high, but feel free to reduce that by a factor of 10 or 100 ... I trust you learned that in 5th grade math?)

3. Do the math:

- 55,000 unvaccinated people hospitalized out of a total population of 200,000 unvaccinated people. 27.5% chance that if you are unvaccinated you are currently hospitalized.

- 45,000 vaccinated people hospitalized out of a total population of 800,000 vaccinated people. 5.6% chance that if you are vaccinated you are currently hospitalized.

So what have we learned? 

- vaccines will not eliminate the possibility that you will get COVID and have serious enough symptoms to be hospitalized

- vaccines WILL reduce your risk of getting COVID and having serious enough symptoms to be hospitalized by about 5X

Why isn't the ratio higher? Didn't the Evil Dr. Fauci suggest it was something like 12X? Doesn't this mean he is EVIL and POSSIBLY PART OF A GRAND CONSPIRACY??

No. No it doesn't. It most likely means there are confounding variables. We know vaccine acceptance was much higher among elderly people, who are the same people most likely to have severe symptoms if they get COVID, so that 55:45 split is likely not evenly distributed among age demographics. And, of course, there are always other confounding variables -- those with preexisting conditions were urged to get the vaccine first (and qualified first), and, of course, preexisting conditions are a huge contributor to the likelihood that your COVID infection will cause serious complications.

It isn't that hard to understand. Nothing I've done here requires more than arithmetic. No calculus, not even HS freshman algebra ....

Boo!

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That means: 

200,000 unvaccinated

3. Do the math:

So what have we learned? 

So half of the unvaccinated will be hospitalized?  Half of people that get Covid end up hospitalized that's what you're saying?  Good God.

More madness:

WHO warns Europe COVID death toll could exceed 2.2 million by March, and U.S. warns against travel to Germany and Denmark

WHO European regional director Dr. Hans Kluge said Europe needs to take a “vaccine plus” approach to the crisis, meaning that people must not just get vaccinated or receive a booster dose if offered, but also continue to comply with the public safety measures recommended since early last year: wearing face masks in public, socially distancing or avoiding large indoor gatherings, and frequent hand washing.

https://on.mktw.net/3l57t1f

"VACCINE PLUS" APPROACH FOR LIFE!!

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

So half of the unvaccinated will be hospitalized?  Half of people that get Covid end up hospitalized that's what you're saying?  Good God

If you would actually read instead of standing at the ready to mock, you would've seen that I made the numbers easy - no decimals for the math challenged!- and said you are free to reduce numerator by a factor of 10 or even 100 as you see fit. It doesn't change the concept or the ratio ....

Just now, John Adams said:

Yep, about what’s to be expected. Can’t defend your arguments and resort to the insults.

It’s too bad really far left mental acuity really does leave something to be desired doesn’t it

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If you would actually read instead of standing at the ready to mock, you would've seen that I made the numbers easy - no decimals for the math challenged!- and said you are free to reduce numerator by a factor of 10 or even 100 as you see fit. It doesn't change the concept or the ratio ....

55,000 out of 200K will be hospitalized.  Ummm....no.  

That's what you want to go with??

I'll go with 5,000.  Over MONTHS

Does that upend life in Erie County?   

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, Big Blitz said:

55,000 out of 200K will be hospitalized.  Ummm....no.  

That's what you want to go with??

I'll go with 5,000.  Over MONTHS

Does that upend life in Erie County?   

Good Lord, people are willfully ignorant.

I SAID REDUCE THE NUMERATOR TO FIT THE DATA.

5,500 or 550 or somewhere in between. Take your pick.

You'll be reducing the numerator for the vaccinated accordingly.

THE RATIO WILL REMAIN THE SAME.

What does this say about Buffalo schools?

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good Lord, people are willfully ignorant.

I SAID REDUCE THE NUMERATOR TO FIT THE DATA.

5,500 or 550 or somewhere in between. Take your pick.

You'll be reducing the numerator for the vaccinated accordingly.

THE RATIO WILL REMAIN THE SAME.

What does this say about Buffalo schools?

Does that number warrant upending life in Erie County via any mandates?

Anyone?

Florida survived the great summer surge with no mandates.  You're back in the face diaper in Erie County.  Laughingstock. 

Get the vaccine or not this is over now (lol too late) or it will never be (they don't want it to be that's not the plan).  

Edited by Big Blitz

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Does that number warrant upending life in Erie County via any mandates 

And so ... we see the shift from the statistically ignorant - "almost half of those hospitalized are vaccinated, so obviously the vaccine doesn't work!" - to the political, without even admitting to the error in interpreting statistics.

This is what the anti-vaccine camp has had to resort to as the original favorite - "it's too new, it's untested, who knows what long-term side effects will emerge in a year" - has been shown to be unfounded. 

What life is being "upended" by requiring people to get vaccines? I got a whole laundry list of vaccines to attend school in Erie County. They lined us up to get the MMR vaccine in school with that little air gun thing. My kids have to show vaccine cards for all the classic diseases that have thankfully been controlled or even eradicated by vaccines. My booster shot literally took 25 minutes of my life a few Saturdays ago ... got an appt at the local supermarket, walked in, got the shot, went home, resumed whatever I was doing (I don't remember, so it was certainly less important than getting the shot).

You wanna talk about shifting goalposts? It's the anti-vaccine mandate crowd that specializes in that.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Yep, about what’s to be expected. Can’t defend your arguments and resort to the insults.

I never argued with you. I started with insults. 

It’s too bad really far left mental acuity really does leave something to be desired doesn’t it

The first smart thing you've said today. Give yourself a cookie. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That means: 

200,000 unvaccinated

3. Do the math:

So what have we learned? 

Hey look it, a real answer! Was that so hard? Thank you.

BTW, according to the Erie County Heath department, 64% are fully vaccinated, so would have to adjust your numbers accordingly.

The issue is your Dr Fauci comment. Yes, it is absolutely the issue that everyone from Fauci to Wallensky to Biden to Gupta to name just about any agency said , and to quote the CDC..."29 more times likely to be hospitalized if not vaccinated"...29!!!!!!!!.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/cdc-study-shows-unvaccinated-people-are-29-times-more-likely-to-be-hospitalized-with-covid.html

I will even give ya a mully on that stat, here is the updated research on the CDC website.(.ya see they dont use numbers anymore , only vague terms? Wonder why)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html

Even when fully vaccinated people develop symptoms, they tend to be less severe symptoms than in unvaccinated people. This means they are much less likely to be hospitalized or die than people who are not vaccinated.

People who get vaccine breakthrough infections can be contagious.

What would you think would be a " much less likely" number ...8x less, 10X less...what number , pick one. Does not really matter. I mean at least a factor of 6 would you agree?

So if that is true, the sheer number of cases in vaccinated people has to be far outweighing the number in unvaxed people. 

Only way the numbers do not work is if we say the vaccine is essentially  useless after a couple of months.

Edited by plenzmd1

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Only way the numbers do not work is if we say the vaccine is essentially  useless after a couple of months.

Plenmd1's comedy gold continues!

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

you are a buffoon

Keep "breaking down" the numbers for us moran. You and Blitz make an excellent team.

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

It's called a debate.  Point out the flaws in his points.  

But no, you resort to name calling.

Carry on Troll..........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It's called a debate.  Point out the flaws in his points.  

But no, you resort to name calling.

Carry on Troll..........

It’s a debate when you acknowledge the other’s intellect. Plenz has yet to present something worth debating. He has definitely presented something worth mocking. 

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

It’s a debate when you acknowledge the other’s intellect. Plenz has yet to present something worth debating. He has definitely presented something worth mocking. 

So you’re here to make fun of people?  

Got it. 

Carry on Trollmeister. 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The country needs new leadership as it relates to COVID.  You're not going to lockdown, mask or vaccinate your way out of it, but frankly the chances of that successfully occurring were always slim.  

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And so ... we see the shift from the statistically ignorant - "almost half of those hospitalized are vaccinated, so obviously the vaccine doesn't work!" - to the political, without even admitting to the error in interpreting statistics.

This is what the anti-vaccine camp has had to resort to as the original favorite - "it's too new, it's untested, who knows what long-term side effects will emerge in a year" - has been shown to be unfounded. 

What life is being "upended" by requiring people to get vaccines? I got a whole laundry list of vaccines to attend school in Erie County. They lined us up to get the MMR vaccine in school with that little air gun thing. My kids have to show vaccine cards for all the classic diseases that have thankfully been controlled or even eradicated by vaccines. My booster shot literally took 25 minutes of my life a few Saturdays ago ... got an appt at the local supermarket, walked in, got the shot, went home, resumed whatever I was doing (I don't remember, so it was certainly less important than getting the shot).

You wanna talk about shifting goalposts? It's the anti-vaccine mandate crowd that specializes in that.

If the "antivaccine" crowd wanted to stop your right and ability from getting it you would have a point about shifting goal posts but since you are the one trying to force people to give up there rights the responsibility falls to you to prove your point well, not simply say " hey you are doing the same thing I am"