DeSantis For President in 2024?

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Because the right thinks it just an issue for women; not the men who are 50% responsible for EVERY pregnancy.

In some ways, but they are 'supposedly' for some things that help men bear their responsibilities of fatherhood.  This argument also falls onto the plate of personal responsibility(for both parents).  I feel that women should have the much louder voice in the discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

In some ways, but they are 'supposedly' for some things that help men bear their responsibilities of fatherhood.  This argument also falls onto the plate of personal responsibility(for both parents).  I feel that women should have the much louder voice in the discussion.

The GQP is taking away the right to practice personal responsibility - but that’s what communists do.

Right @BillsFanNC? @LeviF?

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The GQP is taking away the right to practice personal responsibility - but that’s what communists do.

Right @BillsFanNC? @LeviF?

If the GQP had a plan that would ensure most of the children would live a good life, I'd probably join that position.  Unfortunately, they only have their morals, but no practical application for them.

17 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If the tools are there, and people aren't utilizing them, and you're unhappy with that, then you should probably change something.

How would I go about changing other people's lack of personal responsibility? Lobby for taxing abortions?  I mean if the penalties for most crimes are monetary to promote more responsibility, then that's an option.  Don't know if I'd support it, though.

33 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If the GQP had a plan that would ensure most of the children would live a good life, I'd probably join that position.  Unfortunately, they only have their morals, but no practical application for them.

That’s your baseline for legislation? …… and whether or not a child is killed in the womb or right after birth?  If we can guarantee a “good life?”

Wow.  I’m not surprised.  

That’s Leftism 2023.  

How about we guaranteed the child lives?

That work?    

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That’s your baseline for legislation? …… and whether or not a child is killed in the womb or right after birth?  If we can guarantee a “good life?”

Wow.  I’m not surprised.  

That’s Leftism 2023.  

That work?    

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow.  I’m not surprised.  

That’s Leftism 2023.  

That work?    

You might want to note my previous posts on accepting the ramifications, or taking responsibility for the consequences of your stance on abortion.  What's your stance on millions of unwanted children, other than then unrealistic adoption approach.  Is wanting to have a plan to secure for their well being not part of a good policy??   I'll also reiterate for you, because apparently what I've already said seems to have gone past you, that I understand most of both sides points for why they support their stance.  Killing a fetus in the womb isn't something I condone, but I also understand why some people do.  I also believe a living person has more rights than a fetus.  Anyways, to reiterate a third point for you, this is why I usually avoid abortion discussion.

Edited by daz28

What a lovely little dictatorship he’s got going down there 

16 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

That is insane.   Haley picking up steam too?  Yikes we need better candidates.   Sad this is the best we can do.  It's almost going to guarantee Joe runs (and wins) again which is also not good.  Need new blood desperately. 

I’m telling you, Murkowski should give it a shot. 

27 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What a lovely little dictatorship he’s got going down there 

I’m telling you, Murkowski should give it a shot. 

Always be suspicious when a link isn't provided.

Mr Garcia is referring to this.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1616

CS/SB 1616: Public Records/Transportation and Protective Services

PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Martin

Public Records/Transportation and Protective Services; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for records held by a law enforcement agency relating to certain security or transportation services; providing for retroactive application; providing for legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.

READ PAST THE NARRATIVE HEADLINE !

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

That is insane.   Haley picking up steam too?  Yikes we need better candidates.   Sad this is the best we can do.  It's almost going to guarantee Joe runs (and wins) again which is also not good.  Need new blood desperately. 

The GOP base generally has Very Online Brain and will not accept anyone who lives in the real world as their candidate, which hurts the party in the general. 

If you’re a Republican whose brain hasn’t been rotted by the internet, why would you run? There’s no path for you. 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Always be suspicious when a link isn't provided.

Mr Garcia is referring to this.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1616

CS/SB 1616: Public Records/Transportation and Protective Services

PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Martin

Public Records/Transportation and Protective Services; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for records held by a law enforcement agency relating to certain security or transportation services; providing for retroactive application; providing for legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.

READ PAST THE NARRATIVE HEADLINE !

Shocking that they're lying about DeSantis. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Not the point. DeSantis just gave Trump an opening to present himself - Trump! - as the reasonable guy rather than the grandstanding fool. Hard to accomplish, but Meatball Ron just did it.

Trump the reasonable guy?  LOL!  DeSantis, after saying what I said above, will say "Disney will stay in Florida for the same reason you do."

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Trump the reasonable guy?  LOL!  DeSantis, after saying what I said above, will say "Disney will stay in Florida for the same reason you do."

Hey, that's all true. But Trump doesn't deal in truth. He deals in more visceral responses. And he has absolutely no shame.

76 year old obese man decides he's gonna attack 44 year old Italian American who could stand to lose, I dunno, 10-15 pounds (just like most of us) by calling him "Meatball Ron." Political consultants would say "No!" Don't go there. You'll piss off Italians and fat people. And there's a really, really lot of fat people. But Trump doesn't worry about those things. He wants to create a simple negative association that sticks. "Low energy Jeb." You will not beat him by playing his game. He is the master of the low blow, the outrageous political stunt. You have much to learn, Grasshopper Ron.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hey, that's all true. But Trump doesn't deal in truth. He deals in more visceral responses. And he has absolutely no shame.

76 year old obese man decides he's gonna attack 44 year old Italian American who could stand to lose, I dunno, 10-15 pounds (just like most of us) by calling him "Meatball Ron." Political consultants would say "No!" Don't go there. You'll piss off Italians and fat people. And there's a really, really lot of fat people. But Trump doesn't worry about those things. He wants to create a simple negative association that sticks. "Low energy Jeb." You will not beat him by playing his game. He is the master of the low blow, the outrageous political stunt. You have much to learn, Grasshopper Ron.

We'll see.  No one was ready for his game last time. 

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

It’s a stupid fight he picked and it is going to be hard to find an off ramp or come across as anything other than a [fill in the blank]phobic hater picking on cartoons.

The optics are stacked against him out of the gate. How does he sim this narrative?

If he does navigate this one and come out as anything other than some typecast Disney villain… then maybe, just maybe he take on orange Don historically loud and pompous publicity machine.

my take is he’s holding back on announcing because while he travels and learns he can’t win a primary.  And why not wait… Unlike all these other ***** he has a least 5 presidential election cycles before he even hits retirement age. 

Trump has perfected how to polarize the population perfectly to win primary’s and lose general elections. 

• Like (+1) 1

Of course Disney won't move WDW out of Orlando. Of course they won't stop investing in Florida.

But could they do something more calculated to send a message to a grandstanding Governor? Move some Disney Cruise departures to New Orleans? Make a big deal about moving some movie/TV production work out of Florida? Absolutely. Don't mess with the mouse.

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s a stupid fight he picked and it is going to be hard to find an off ramp or come across as anything other than a [fill in the blank]phobic hater picking on cartoons.

The optics are stacked against him out of the gate. How does he sim this narrative?

If he does navigate this one and come out as anything other than some typecast Disney villain… then maybe, just maybe he take on orange Don historically loud and pompous publicity machine.

my take is he’s holding back on announcing because while he travels and learns he can’t win a primary.  And why not wait… Unlike all these other ***** he has a least 5 presidential election cycles before he even hits retirement age. 

Trump has perfected how to polarize the population perfectly to win primary’s and lose general elections. 

He's waiting because Trump is in legal trouble and he's waiting to see if something knocks him out of the race.  There's no reason to announce right now.

And time will tell if it was a stupid fight to pick or not. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

He's waiting because Trump is in legal trouble and he's waiting to see if something knocks him out of the race.  There's no reason to announce right now.

And time will tell if it was a stupid fight to pick or not. 

Why is he waiting for that? If you infer he throws his hat in the ring only if Trump is knocked out, then sort of same point. If he’s running against him anyway what’s it matter? 

time will tell, and despite his haters, a Harvard and Yale grad and naval JAG lawyer is no dummy, but Disney can buy great lawyers, pr geniuses and the fawning sycophantic msm media is ready to spin whatever narrative Disney sells them. 

it’s an uphill battle on roller skates

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why is he waiting for that? If you infer he throws his hat in the ring only if Trump is knocked out, then sort of same point. If he’s running against him anyway what’s it matter? 

time will tell, and despite his haters, a Harvard and Yale grad and naval JAG lawyer is no dummy, but Disney can buy great lawyers, pr geniuses and the fawning sycophantic msm media is ready to spin whatever narrative Disney sells them. 

it’s an uphill battle on roller skates

Why rush to get in?  The election is 18 months away. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Meatball is clearly running. He is in a different state campaigning nearly every week

He wants to run but he also appears fairly bad at it. Given his young age, the best bet might be to bow out for now and try again later. 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hey look @BillsFanNC @LeviF @JaCrispy- a communist! - an actual fn communist.

Hey Alex - I’ll take what a communist and homophobe does for $500!

Every fn accusation is a confession 

If it has anything to do with doctors who object to mutilating healthy children- I support it…And there is nothing communist about it…it’s just basic humanity…👍

No doctor should be forced to do that…especially if it goes against the medical oath they took of “causing no harm”…👍

Edited by JaCrispy

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And that is why Billstime cannot comprehend what is really going on.

Oh okay - what does the bill say? 

Tell us Bonnie - what does the bill say 

pdf

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

mutilating healthy children

This bill goes way beyond that - this bill is so vaguely written (on purpose) it allows doctors and insurance companies to legally discriminate against ANYONE they want.

WTF is conscience-based objections?

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh okay - what does the bill say? 

Tell us Bonnie - what does the bill say 

pdf

This bill goes way beyond that - this bill is so vaguely written (on purpose) it allows doctors and insurance companies to legally discriminate against ANYONE they want.

WTF is conscience-based objections?

They already do that…

• Thank you (+1) 1