This is a simple Poll. Will Josh Allen regress?

Will Josh Allen Regress, Stay the same or get better?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Will Josh Regress

• Yes.. a lot
    • Yes a little
    • No about same numbers
    • No he will be a little better
    • HECK NO! Josh will take another leap!

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't think he will regress.  I think he will get a little better at the mental aspect of playing QB.  He may improve in his anticipation on certain throws that he worked on this offseason.  That may not result in a big statistical leap since he had pretty lofty stats as it is.  If Buffalo rediscovers the running game for certain situations, that will make it even harder for Allen to have stats that are a lot better.  I don't think Buffalo would ever abandon their potent passing offense, but even a slight shift in the offensive balance could make it hard for Josh to have stats that are a lot better.

As long as Josh doesn’t get hurt, I think his stats will be on par or better. As good as Josh was last year, he did go a stretch of 4 games that he didn’t play well due to injury. Not to mention this year will be an extra game to pad those stats a bit. If the defense is better, he’ll also get more opportunities as someone else mentioned.

I voted, No, he will be a little better.

statistically, he may regress just a little bit.  I feel that he will throw more ints this season due to the away crowds. …..will be an even better QB.  Better with his reads, better blitz recognition, more accurate, an even better leader.  Just starting to scratch the surface of his limitless potential. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

I’d like to see him take some of the underneath stuff quicker and avoid some of the hits. Regression or progress?

I’d like to see him run less, especially by design= fewer rushing and total yards. Regression or progress.

This is very much an “Eye test” situation. He could have better games but not the gaudy stat lines. To me, that is progress as he learns to play smarter football and save his body from unnecessary abuse.

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

statistically, he may regress just a little bit.  I feel that he will throw more ints this season due to the away crowds. …..will be an even better QB.  Better with his reads, better blitz recognition, more accurate, an even better leader.  Just starting to scratch the surface of his limitless potential. 

Spot on 100%

• Thank you (+1) 1

Statistically? Probably.

As others have noted, a more balanced offense, a better defense, and the return of crowd noise could lead to less statistical production.

Personally, I’m anticipating a regression in passing yards, touchdowns, and even completion percentage. 

Note: I still think Allen will have an excellent season and lead the Bills to a great record and the playoffs. I just expect statistical regression for a number of reasons. I think he can be a better QB this year than he was last year, but still regress statistically.

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Statistically? Probably.

As others have noted, a more balanced offense, a better defense, and the return of crowd noise could lead to less statistical production.

Personally, I’m anticipating a regression in passing yards, touchdowns, and even completion percentage. 

Note: I still think Allen will have an excellent season and lead the Bills to a great record and the playoffs. I just expect statistical regression for a number of reasons. I think he can be a better QB this year than he was last year, but still regress statistically.

So statistical drop in about every category ... just don't see it. He will do other things better that could create less throwing yards but more TD's. 

Edited by PrimeTime101

It depends on where you define regress, ie just numbers or in play which may not necessarily correlate.  I think his numbers will be down a little this year but I think his play will continue to improve, his number will go down I think because of a better defense(ours i mean, but other teams will not be sleeping either this year), and an improved run game.  However I really like the addition of Sanders and I think Knox will be much more reliable and consistent this year so there will be plenty of opportunity for his numbers to improve too.

If the poll is asking just about his stats, then sure, I could see his numbers on paper not matching those of 2020. 

Pretty hard to put up 40+ total TD's while also throwing for 4,000 yards each year. 

But overall as a player I think he'll continue to improve. The year Mahomes won a Super Bowl he didn't have as good of numbers as he did the year prior when he won MVP. I doubt people call that "regressing" even if his numbers didn't hit 50+ TD's & 5,000 yards passing. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

If the poll is asking just about his stats, then sure, I could see his numbers on paper not matching those of 2020. 

Pretty hard to put up 40+ total TD's while also throwing for 4,000 yards each year. 

But overall as a player I think he'll continue to improve. The year Mahomes won a Super Bowl he didn't have as good of numbers as he did the year prior when he won MVP. I doubt people call that "regressing" even if his numbers didn't hit 50+ TD's & 5,000 yards passing. 

This is exactly how I feel. I expect his stats to fall a little, but not his prowess as a quarterback. 

Don’t take it personal PT, these guys are just busting chops.  It was kind of funny all of these responses.

I voted slightly better as it will be hard to beat between passing, rushing, receiving TD’s and almost 70% comp. record.  The other hope is even though we’ll probably still remain at 58-60% pass over run, I am hopeful we make progress with running more efficiently this year.

The key is a healthy, Stable line.  If Ford wins the LG, and that’s a big if, we hopefully will have the same five all year.  That inherently could bring down some stats for Josh, but he and is only care about wins.

of he finishes with 67% comp., a passing TD or two less, but several more rushing TD’s, I’m not composing with a 14-3 record.

Next time PT101, can we do a complex poll? 🤪😏🏈

Edited by machine gun kelly

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yup.  This entire thread is a bit irritating to me (I know, so why am I here) but the whole concept of “regression” needs to be defined.  Is it simply statistics (as I believe the OP intended) or is it — as I believe you, I, and others view it — whether or not Josh gets “worse” as an NFL QB?  If the latter, there is literally no reason to believe he takes a step backwards.  He is relentlessly motivated and dedicated to improving his craft, and we’ve seen the results before our very eyes.  I don’t give a crap about whether he throws for 300 fewer yards or 10 fewer TDs, or tosses a few more picks because he is taking some chances.  He will be a better QB.

I’m also too lazy to look it up but I’d still like to know if QB performance overall last season (without crowds) was markedly better than it was in 2019 or 2018.  This has been brought up several times as a reason why Josh will do worse this season but I’d like to know if the numbers back it up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1