Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I have a feeling the covid protocol will change very soon just in time for TC.

That is the other ridiculous thing about his outburst. The trend is towards a reduction in restrictions as overall case counts drop; the likelihood of the protocols not being relaxed seems low. If he was informed that it was just for preseason and the final protocols are not established, that seems like all the more reason to hold back and not have a public attention-seeking meltdown. He could continue rationally lobbying for reduced restrictions (publicly and privately). But apparently he lacks any sense of patience. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Glad we all get along 

This isn't hard. 

What is your vaccinated self's justification after almost 2 years (of course it's longer because well it was from....not nature) do you have for wanting everyone to get vaccinated even if they don't want it at this point?

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Christian Mccaffrey didn’t get the vaccine either (well, he refused to comment so…)

Wonder how Panthers handle that one 

As another said above, I think we're in for a couple of entertaining months.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don’t pay these high membership fees here at TBD to get along with everybody. I’m here for the argument

You must be one of the 'TBD without Ads' elites

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This isn't hard. 

What is your vaccinated self's justification after almost 2 years (of course it's longer because well it was from....not nature) do you have for wanting everyone to get vaccinated even if they don't want it at this point?

Wut

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Personally, I don't care if he's misinformed, doesn't get the vaccine or disagrees that gravity is nothing more than theory. 

It's about what he said that makes it very clear that he doesn't believe in freedom of choice. He believe that he should get to make whatever choice and everyone else should then be subject to it because *he* doesn't like something. Most players disagree with him otherwise, if they felt as strongly as he and Rachel Bush would like people to believe then the NFLPA wouldn't have agreed to those rules. 

It's about his selfishness. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine and do what you agreed to do, or don't like it and don't play in the NFL. He chose to throw a tantrum to try to get things his way. In the process of which, he violated a direct agreement he made with his teammates, coaches and the team that they weren't going to talk about individuals vaccination status. 

Bingo.  He's a childish attention ***** throwing a tantrum.  I have zero respect for this guy now.

Just to be clear, I've been vaccinated, but I understand there are risks and people have a legitimate right to question the safety and efficacy of the vaccine vs. just contracting COVID.  Hell, my brother-in-law is a healthy 34 year old.  He received the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine and unfortunately he was one of the few (or maybe not so few now) folks who ended up in the hospital with myocarditis.  He's on meds now and is expected to recover in time.  So yeah, I get younger dudes possibly being scared and wanting to avoid the vaccine.  But the truth is, for those dudes whose immune systems are primed for that heart inflammation response, they're likely going to have the same issue if they actually end up with COVID (see Tommy Sweeney).  

Where these folks like Beasley lose the plot, is in thinking they have some God given right to continue to interact with society when they willfully break the social contract and refuse to follow the rules that society has agreed upon to keep us safe.  If you don't want the vaccine, then fine, that's your right.  But just remember that you forfeit entry into any social/professional setting that has agreed upon rules to ensure safety with regard to this virus.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Maybe he is telling Cole not to take the vaccine?

https://www.aappublications.org/news/2021/06/10/covid-vaccine-myocarditis-rates-061021

That's not how he got it and that is a crazy low rate lol. 148M vaccinated in the US and that few have that side effect, that actually makes me feel better about it. However, Sweeney got his from COVID and not the vaccine. 

• Like (+1) 2

I haven’t read this whole thread. Josh Allen isn’t vaccinated right now and doesn’t plan on getting it as of now either. He isn’t saying anything at the moment though. Not sure if he will speak up or not. I imagine there will be more players speaking up about these vaccine rules before the season though. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Christian Mccaffrey didn’t get the vaccine either (well, he refused to comment so…)

Wonder how Panthers handle that one 

Oh boy, here we go again. Wait until Sherlock finds out. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Wut

Not you personally...anyone.  

And I'm saying I don't understand how there could be any division at all over this.

Take the Vax if you want.  It is not mandatory for everyone to live or work as they choose.  

I'm all for continuing "Covid and Vaccine awareness."  Compulsory Vax, no.  

And for the record I'm "fully vaccinated."

Edited by Big Blitz

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This isn't hard. 

I don't think anyone's calling for universal vaccination.  It's more that if you sign a contract under which your employer has to pay you $30 million, you should honor that contract. 

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

You are right- my only point is he appears to be choosing a path of freedom- through his lense.

OK, I can see that, from your POV.

My point is that he's very publicly creating a horrid dilemma for his coaches and GMs, by announcing that he will neither be vaccinated nor follow the NFL/NFLPA protocols for non-vaccinated players.  He's kind of throwing his team's NFLPA reps (and the NFLPA in general) under the bus as collateral damage, and of course, potentially putting other non-vaccinated teammates at risk if one believes that the protocols were a best-practice to protect everyone from contagious disease.

I don't think it's OK to choose a path of personal freedom that carries so much collateral damage, but YMMV.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

14 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

It's not even FDA approved.

Unreal how stupid some people in this thread are. 

I’d like to say it’s been nice knowing you, but that wouldn’t be honest. See ya. -WAIT! That’s a lie, too!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2