Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 hour ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

What page is that, the one where the NFLPA let them down? Or the one where they were all planning to shut up about it until one guy started tweeting?

(She is not a player... so whatever she tweets... it is what it is. I would never hold her comments or opinions against her husband, that is not even logical).

She's Poyer's Kardashian 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I have to keep remembering I'm often talking to people that think we are fully Eradicating Covid or that we can't collectively let anyone get sick.  

No, you just need to remember that a piece of paper that Cole Beaseley signs to say he's ok if he gets covid doesn't have any actual effect on the disease itself. 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

don’t care what he does when it comes to coronavirus protocols. 

replicate last season and all is well 

Can't catch a ball if you're suspended for not following the protocols you agreed to as part of the NFLPA. 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm confused, are you saying that you believe Cole Beasely signing a waiver physically prevents Allen catching it from Beasely or that Cole Beasely signing a waiver means Josh Allen is also subject to Beasely's waiver? 

I was confused too, but it's possible there's a reason external to us for that.

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, you just need to remember that a piece of paper that Cole Beaseley signs to say he's ok if he gets covid doesn't have any actual effect on the disease itself. 

What does this even mean? 

My point was everyone's pov on this starts with their goal and justification for it.  What I stated is what people think we can do... that is not meant to be offensive.  I just do not agree with it.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You do understand the NFL already greatly controls players actions outside of the facility, right?

I'm talking about what family members you can be around and stuff like that...why play dumb....not something I need to clarify when it's the whole subject of what we're talking about

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And you know what?  If Cole said "I'm going to retire, ***** it, this isn't worth it to follow these protocols" I would 100% support him as that being his right.

But he's 100% trying to "have his cake and eat it too".  The NFL controls what players do outside the facility in all sorts of ways already.  The players have a right to refuse to accept that, in which case they can retire or find employment elsewhere.

Again...I'm supporting what Cole actually spoke on about liberties others have that have been extremely limited cause he decided he didn't want to take an injection. If he is really really against it...he shouldn't fold over money or to continue playing a game...I guess I didn't articulate that clearly. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

All 3 of them. Come on. I'm sick of these semantic games. This is the problem with modern discourse. You can't state a simple fact without someone trying to argue it.

When you're little, you are naive. You tend to look up to adults and assume they are smart and what they are talking about.

When you grow up, you learn that the stupid kids in school, who usually eat crayonz, are Mets fans, etc. grow up to be stupid adults.

There are a lot of dumb people out there...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

What does this even mean? 

My point was everyone's pov on this starts with their goal and justification for it.  What I stated is what people think we can do... that is not meant to be offensive.  I just do not agree with it.  

You offered him signing a waiver absolving the NFL/NFLPA of responsibility if he gets covid as a solution. 

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm talking about what family members you can be around and stuff like that...why play dumb....not something I need to clarify when it's the whole subject of what we're talking about

Again...I'm supporting what Cole actually spoke on about liberties others have that have been extremely limited cause he decided he didn't want to take an injection. If he is really really against it...he shouldn't fold over money or to continue playing a game...I guess I didn't articulate that clearly. 

Then we agree there.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The NFL and the NFLPA are supposed to have provided educational materials answering questions like this for the players.

Perhaps they did and it was God's Will that prevented Cole from comprehending it?

disappointed standing in the rain GIF

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2