Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

At last report , the Bills were one of the teams over 50% and climbing every day. Only a handful of teams are under that 50% mark (Jags, Colts, Chargers)

He said STANDS for principals. That's why he doesnt have a problem with this.

You mean he STANDS for schools? Principals work in schools.  Does he stand for deans too?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but don't think anyone here would have a problem with Cole Beasley announcing he will retire because he doesn't wish to be vaccinated or to follow the rules.  I would regret it, because I think he is an AWESOME player and tough as nails.

It's saying "I want to play, but I won't follow the rules, just fine me" that is the problem.  You can't have a team where everyone gets to decide what rules they will or won't follow.

You can when it's Beasley....he gets to do what he wants. It's not like it's a fair rule anyways to force people to do a certain thing with their health, dumb rules are meant to be broken!

• Vomit 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be fair to Cole Beasley, he's not deciding to not be vaccinated out of laziness but because he apparently believes in God's Will and that it's preferable to get infected with an illness that has much higher rates of persistent side effects than the vaccine, even for asymptomatic or mildly ill people.

That is his right. 

Otherwise, agree, he's trying to force a 4th option.  Interesting times.

God Dam Cole is stupid. Has Cole never taken a medicine or had a surgery?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Beast said:

Again, HIS CHOICE.

He has reached a summit where he can make his own choices and voice why.

No.  He hasn't.  As others have explained to you - sure, he can retire.  But he doesn't get to decide he doesn't want to wear thigh pads, or a helmet, or line up behind the imaginary line of scrimmage and still play football.

And it's highly un-process, un-team-like behavior to insist that he will look at 3 options (vaccinate; don't vaccinate and follow protocols; retire) and choose a 4th.  It's putting McDermott and Beane in a very tough spot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I am vaccinated.  Correct me if I'm wrong please, but doesn't my ability to carry the virus remain unchanged whether I'm vaccinated or not?  Doesnt the vaccination just prevent me from being infected?

No, you're incorrect. In studies so far, vaccinated people are less likely to infect others. 

According to the CDC, "Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html#:~:text=Early data show the vaccines,more people get vaccinated.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I am vaccinated.  Correct me if I'm wrong please, but doesn't my ability to carry the virus remain unchanged whether I'm vaccinated or not?  Doesnt the vaccination just prevent me from being infected?

The fact you had to ask this is exactly why Beasley won't take it.  

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

No, you're incorrect. In studies so far, vaccinated people are less likely to infect others. 

According to the CDC, "Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html#:~:text=Early data show the vaccines,more people get vaccinated.

Thank you.  Didn't have any idea

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I didn't know.  That's why I asked.  I follow the yankees and the entire team was vaccinated but 3 players tested positive

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Right.

And Cole Beasley is ready to deal with what is coming at him.

Why do you have an issue with his personal choice?

Is he forcing people to not take the vacxine or wear masks?

People have explained the problem to you several times.  At this point, you're either trolling or you're not reading carefully.  Slow down and process, please.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It really shouldn't be.  The NFL and the NFLPA are supposed to have provided educational materials answering questions like this for the players.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You made most of that up in your own mind. So congrats. 

Also, I don't accept your apology. Be smarter and stop dragging the rest of us down. 

No, I didn't, but good retort. I'm probably too smoothbrained to comprehend it.

And don't worry, you're in no danger of my associating with obedient bootlickers.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be fair to Cole Beasley, he's not deciding to not be vaccinated out of laziness but because he apparently believes in God's Will and that it's preferable to get infected with an illness that has much higher rates of persistent side effects than the vaccine, even for asymptomatic or mildly ill people.

That is his right. 

Otherwise, agree, he's trying to force a 4th option.  Interesting times.

He should stop wearing a helmet too...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It really shouldn't be.  The NFL and the NFLPA are supposed to have provided educational materials answering questions like this for the players.

Beasley's God's Will tweet and another questioning the validity 600,000 dead make me think he may be less inclined to believe the experts/authorities and that's really just sad really.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You can when it's Beasley....he gets to do what he wants. It's not like it's a fair rule anyways to force people to do a certain thing with their health, dumb rules are meant to be broken!

On that last, I guess we'll find out, but I've never managed a successful team of people where someone had that viewpoint and was allowed to get away with it. 

On the former, what is someone forcing Beasley to do with his health?  He doesn't have to get vaccinated.  The problem he's having is that he doesn't want to get vaccinated, AND he doesn't want to follow the rules for not being vaccinated.

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I can’t wait until he gets an Offside penalty and yells that he is not going to be a sheep and follow all the rules just because the NFL told him he had to stand behind the goddamn invisible line!!

The Line Of Scammage

• Haha (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Having imperfect answers is not the same thing as having no answers. It was the same discussion we had with the mask mandates. Things were happening too quickly for scientists to know exactly how effective masks would be at preventing the spread of covid. It was and is a quickly evolving public health crisis, they have to use the best information available to them. All the information said that mask mandates prevented the spread of the virus. Ergo statewide mask mandates.

Now there is clear information that the vaccines help prevent the spread on an exponentially higher level than anything else we've tried. It's not 100% preventive. Nobody knows the exact percentage and they'll continue studying until we do. But that doesn't mean you throw out the entire measure. We know it works. Public health policies still have to be drafted around what we know.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2