Jump to content

Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire


Process
 Share

Recommended Posts

You’d think based on some people’s reaction that vaccines had just been invented instead of being around for over 100 years. Most people get dozens of them over the course of their lives. Apparently this one is an outrage however.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

No, I didn't, but good retort. I'm probably too smoothbrained to comprehend it.

 

And don't worry, you're in no danger of my associating with obedient bootlickers.

 

Unfortunately, the rest of us have to take care of you and support you regardless if you 'associate' with us or not. This is why you need to step up and be better. I'm tired of you costing me money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

 

Unfortunately, the rest of us have to take care of you and support you regardless if you 'associate' with us or not. This is why you need to step up and be better. I'm tired of you costing me money. 

meanwhile he'll drive to work with his insured and tagged car carrying his drivers license grumbling about us sheep.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

ENS-dsgXYAE2lHA.jpg

 

I was reading Isaac Asimov when I was 5 (Lucky Stars series) and when I was in 2nd grade we needed to do a book report (hardly a book report but that was what teacher called it, it was mostly bibliography info on book - author, publisher, etc) from a book in the library.  I turned in a report on "Inside the Atom" by Isaac Asimov which was a science book he wrote in 1956.  Teacher said I did not follow instructions and eventually it got to principal and he asked teacher why I did not follow instructions and she said it was supposed to get a book from school library.  He asked if she specified school library and she said no for it is implied for how was I supposed to check to see if I did it correctly without reviewing the book?  I spoke up and said I still had the book I borrowed for I had not finished reading it and she could look at it.  Principal told teacher to borrow the book and just confirm I followed class instructions based on that book.  Teacher was not happy but followed instructions.

  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just lost a close friend to Covid on Saturday who was in the "it's just the flu", "the vaccine is more dangerous", "God will protect me" camp.  All of their closest friends couldn't convince them to get the shots, no way, no how.  No chance anyone is convincing Beasley he is being misinformed. I hope he retires.

  • Sad 4
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Capco said:

 

Ugh......... 

 

And this is just reflective of a bigger problem at large in this country.  People have lost trust in institutions that are the bedrock of our society.

Yes.  It’s the tip of the iceberg too.  We are polarized by everything.  24 hour news channels, sponsored by who knows who, is only helping to divide us.  
 

When I was in school we all got vaccinated for MMR and other things.  Form two lines.  Boys here, girls over there.  It was simple.  Takeoff your shirt,  alcohol cotton ball, jab, done.  Put on your shirt and go back to class.  I have 6 siblings, same thing.   Never heard of any problems, maybe a kid got sick later that day but no lawsuits that I can recall. No parents demonstrating either.   They were the post WW2 parents so they believed in the school system, the health system, the government, and the greater good.  I miss them and those days.  
 

Today people seem to like to be offended, they like to talk about their rights all the time (even when they don’t understand them).  So many threats, so much violence, so much litigation.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before you get "vaccinated" you sign a waiver that no one is responsible for any serious side effects you'll have now or in the future.  

 

It's all good tho.  

 

 

"Stop being a baby and take it!"

 

 

--Same people criticizing those saying "stop being a wuss it has a near 100% survival rate if you're under 60.

 

 

Bizarre.  Absolutely friggin bizarre.

 

 

The protocols are trash.  Have Cole sign the waiver saying no one in the NFL or with the Bills is responsible if he gets it.  

 

Done.  That's how life should be but we're in peak stupid stupid times. 

  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Great player.

 

Raging idiot.  Just colossally stupid dude.

 

I mean, probably not?  I don't think you can be an idiot or stupid, and be as creative and sharp at football as Cole Beasley evidently is.  At the level he plays, it's not a game for stupid people, at all.

 

I deal with people who have (apparently) similar viewpoints all the time around here.  Most of them are quite intelligent.  They're just operating from a very different set of assumptions than I am.  Sometimes we can sit down and talk and I can figure out what their basis beliefs are, and explain what my basis beliefs are, and we can have a good convo. 

 

I guess I would say Bease may be kind of immature and/or privileged, since most of us by this time in our lives have had to process that sometimes we have to work with restrictions we don't like, or leave, and that if we want a third option having a public meltdown is not the best way to achieve it.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Yes.  It’s the tip of the iceberg too.  We are polarized by everything.  24 hour news channels, sponsored by who knows who, is only helping to divide us.  
 

When I was in school we all got vaccinated for MMR and other things.  Form two lines.  Boys here, girls over there.  It was simple.  Takeoff your shirt,  alcohol cotton ball, jab, done.  Put on your shirt and go back to class.  I have 6 siblings, same thing.   Never heard of any problems, maybe a kid got sick later that day but no lawsuits that I can recall. No parents demonstrating either.   They were the post WW2 parents so they believed in the school system, the health system, the government, and the greater good.  I miss them and those days.  
 

Today people seem to like to be offended, they like to talk about their rights all the time (even when they don’t understand them).  So many threats, so much violence, so much litigation.  

Conflict sells and for some reason the News has to be entertainment now.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

God's will? Doesn't exist Cole. Next question?

 

And if it does, this is the same God who let his son die in one of the most brutal ways possible. And made it a point (if the bible is being referenced) to point out how God's will didn't prevent awful things from happening to people

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, par73 said:

If he doesn't get vaccinated, he basically will have to abide by last years regulations. It is his choice-- don't know why he didn't just go lowkey on this, instead of exploding all over social media.

 

Especially since he had publicly stated he quit social media before.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When did The Right To Be Stupid become our national rallying cry?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I mean, probably not?  I don't think you can be an idiot or stupid, and be as creative and sharp at football as Cole Beasley evidently is.  At the level he plays, it's not a game for stupid people, at all.

 

I deal with people who have (apparently) similar viewpoints all the time around here.  Most of them are quite intelligent.  They're just operating from a very different set of assumptions than I am.  Sometimes we can sit down and talk and I can figure out what their basis beliefs are, and explain what my basis beliefs are, and we can have a good convo. 

 

I guess I would say Bease may be kind of immature and/or privileged, since most of us by this time in our lives have had to process that sometimes we have to work with restrictions we don't like, or leave, and that if we want a third option having a public meltdown is not the best way to achieve it.


He’s an idiot for not understanding basic labor laws.  Putting aside the science vs. “faith” issue.

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Before you get "vaccinated" you sign a waiver that no one is responsible for any serious side effects you'll have now or in the future.  

 

It's all good tho.  

 

 

"Stop being a baby and take it!"

 

 

--Same people criticizing those saying "stop being a wuss it has a near 100% survival rate if you're under 60.

 

 

Bizarre.  Absolutely friggin bizarre.

 

 

The protocols are trash.  Have Cole sign the waiver saying no one in the NFL or with the Bills is responsible if he gets it.  

 

Done.  That's how life should be but we're in peak stupid stupid times. 

 

Is there a reason you are ignoring how the poster clarified the "Stop being a baby" line is in regards to HOW Cole is handling this, not about his views?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...