Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

If vaccinated players are allowed to travel and go mask free around all of us common folk, why the concern about them being around unvaccinated teammates?

Excellent question to ask their NFLPA reps!  My guess would be that the concern is for game availability of unvaccinated teammates and for them spreading asymptomatic infections to vaccinated teammates (causing them to test positive and miss time).   The protocols seem designed to protect unvaccinated players from community or facility acquired infections.  But that's just a guess.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beast said:

So, he should just take a vaccine he does not want to take just so he can play football when money is not an issue with him?

Yeah, OK.

No, he should abide by the protocols for unvaccinated players. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Vaccines aren't mandatory. Follow me here, so if Bease isn't vaccinated, then other players may not be vaccinated...

The vaccine is also not full proof. Kind of like condoms... Don't want to use a condom, cool. There are potential consequences... Also try not to ***** over your teammates. 

Follow me here, if the team and his teammates have a big problem with his stance, couldn't THEY deal with it? 

Don't treat me like an idiot just because I value personal choice, including how the team responds to Beasley.

Also, if the vaccine is 95% effective or whatever, does that not greatly reduce its transmissibility, which is pretty much the only reason why it's caused this pandemic? Condoms may not be foolproof, but they have played a huge factor in the decline of unplanned pregnancies.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Beast said:

So, he should just take a vaccine he does not want to take just so he can play football when money is not an issue with him?

Yeah, OK.

No, he shouldnt get the vaccine if he doesnt want it. But then, based on that CHOICE, he has to follow the protocols for those that made that choice. And he is saying he wont. That's a problem.

Cant have your cake and eat it too. That isnt how adult life works.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

I haven't read the entire, so apologies in advance.

Curious to see if NFL will allow teams to place a player who is unvaccinated and unwilling to follow league Covid protocols on an exemption list or if team has to carry player on their 53 man roster.

I guess we may find out, but the Bills really don't want Bease on the Commissioner's Exempt List; that would mean he can't play but they still have to pay him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not fine him for not getting the vaccine. Fine him for refusing to follow the protocols for unvaccinated people.

How are so many of you missing this point? It isnt about forcing a vaccination. He can be unvaccinated. But he has to follow the unvaccinated protocols then.

Simple.

I think you didn't read his message.

He does not want to be vaccinated. And he won't be vaccinated.

Answer me this....if the NFL cared so much about player and public safety, why did they play last year when there was no vaccine?

Edited by Beast
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure there is boilerplate language in the contracts agreeing to abide by the CBA and any additional rules agreed to by the NFL/NFLPA.

There's a process, the NFL didn't just impose these protocols, the NFLPA (his reps) had a chance to discuss and negotiate.

I think it’s important to realize that they represent not just Cole on this, but the NFLPA is responsible for looking out for ALL the players on all the teams. If I want to be sloppy about it, I don’t have the right to endanger others. He’s saying he’s willing to pay the price, and that is his right. 

It certainly seems designed to encourage getting vaccinations, but making it strict does protect the rest of the team to a greater extent. 

Having said all that, this is a constantly fluid situation and I hope they find a way to resolve (or at least improve) it before season begins. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Yeah, OK.

No, he can retire if he wants. Taking an FDA approved vaccine is pretty far down the list of health risks that pro football players take to have a career. But it's his choice. What I don't like is the stupid threats and distractions. He has 3 choices - take the vaccine, don't take the vaccine and follow NFL protocols, don't take the vaccine and retire. How about he just picks one and we all move on?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Beast said:

I think you didn't read his message.

He does not want to be vaccinated. And he won't be vaccinated.

Answer me this....if the NFL cared so much about player and public safety, why did ghey play last year when there was no vaccine?

They had strict testing any anyone that was positive, couldn’t play.  Its the same thing this year and Beasley doesn’t want to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

Follow me here, if the team and his teammates have a big problem with his stance, couldn't THEY deal with it? 

Don't treat me like an idiot just because I value personal choice, including how the team responds to Beasley.

Also, if the vaccine is 95% effective or whatever, does that not greatly reduce its transmissibility, which is pretty much the only reason why it's caused this pandemic? Condoms may not be foolproof, but they have played a huge factor in the decline of unplanned pregnancies.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

30248219-C069-4F96-9501-477EDD1F89AC.jpeg

20 years ago adults in their 40's and 50's used to tell me not to trust things I read on the internet. Now I have to tell those same people (now in their 60's and 70's) that not everything they read on the internet is true. So many people feel that their Google skills are superior to their own doctor.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

No, he can retire if he wants. Taking an FDA approved vaccine is pretty far down the list of health risks that pro football players take to have a career. But it's his choice. What I don't like is the stupid threats and distractions. He has 3 choices - take the vaccine, don't take the vaccine and follow NFL protocols, don't take the vaccine and retire. How about he just picks one and we all move on?

How about he does and says what he wants?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

What vaccine is FDA approved?