Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I think you didn't read his message.

He doea not want to be vaccinated. And he won't be vaccinated.

Answer me this....if the NFL cared so much about player and public safety, why did ghey play last year when there was no vaccine?

I think YOU didn't read his message. 

It's not Beasley being unvaccinated that is the problem.  The NFLPA fought for, and won, the right for vaccines to be optional for players.

BUT, along with that, there are protocols for unvaccinated players.

Beasley is saying he doesn't want to be vaccinated AND he doesn't want to follow the protocols.  THAT'S the problem.

The NFL and NFLPA played safely last year with relatively few infections because they implemented and mostly followed a set of strict protocols.  The NFL was one of the safest places in the country to be, regarding Covid-19 infection, right up their with Cornell University.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

So, he should just take a vaccine he does not want to take just so he can play football when money is not an issue with him?

Yeah, OK.

It’s pretty simple.  If he doesn’t take the vaccine he is obligated to follow the protocols. If he doesn’t want to follow them then he can choose to retire.  He says he doesn’t need the money.  Millions of people who do need the money have been affected by this virus and by the protocols.   He is one of the lucky ones in that regard.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Why should he if he doesn't want to?

Why should he have to wear a helmet on the field if he doesn't want to? 

Why should he he not smoke crack before the game if he doesn't want to?

Because he has a contract that says he'll follow the rules that have been put in place to protect him and his teammates.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Yeah, no vaccine and no to being told what and how he is going to live his life.

Good for him.

Then he can retire and go find other pursuits to follow.  From what he said, he's financially independent and that is his choice.

But jobs come with rules.  You don't get to have a job, and thumb your nose at its rules.

• Like (+1) 3

How about he does and says what he wants?

I know for a fact you don't feel this way about a certain other NFL player. Lot of hypocrisy going on in this thread right now. Again I don't care what Beasley chooses. If he wants to be the public face of the anti-vax movement, that's on him. He can do it outside of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Why should he have to wear a helmet on the field if he doesn't want to? 

Why should he he not smoke crack before the game if he doesn't want to?

Because he has a contract that says he'll follow the rules that have been put in place to protect him and his teammates.

If he doesn't want to follow the rules he will retire. HIS CHOICE.

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

I think you didn't read his message.

He does not want to be vaccinated. And he won't be vaccinated.

Answer me this....if the NFL cared so much about player and public safety, why did they play last year when there was no vaccine?

But they played with highly restrictive protocols for everyone. Are the protocols for unvaccinated players MORE restrictive than the protocols for everyone last year? If so, unvaccinated players (as a group) should raise a complaint to the NFLPA together instead of letting Cole hang out there. But if they are essentially the same as last year, then they are complaining about the pass that vaccinated players get, and are unlikely to get far with their complaints. Especially if they don't get much more specific.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I know for a fact you don't feel this way about a certain other NFL player. Lot of hypocrisy going on in this thread right now. Again I don't care what Beasley chooses. If he wants to be the public face of the anti-vax movement, that's on him. He can do it outside of Buffalo.

There are a lot of people you came into contact with today that are vaccinated.

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Again, he has options as has been explained to you several times by various people. He doesn't like his options and wants everything to change to suit him personally which is what people have a problem with. 

Yes, I apologize for being much more stupid than you, but if you tell someone "you can say whatever you want, but if you say something we don't like, you will get disciplined" it gives the illusion of choice without actually giving you much choice. In this case it's "get vaccinated or not, your choice, but if you don't, you will be forced to face strict measures that you may consider unreasonable and will be constantly shamed by followers of Science (the religion) for being way dumber than they are."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Beast said:

If he doesn't want to follow the rules he will retire. HIS CHOICE.

Absolutely. I personally hope he takes some deep breaths, and realizes that the team is bigger than he is. 

But if he wants to retire over the Coivd restrictions no one is going to force him to play. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if a guy wants to get drunk on the job because he wants to?  He can if he wants to but his employer will have consequences right?

Right.

And Cole Beasley is ready to deal with what is coming at him.

Why do you have an issue with his personal choice?

Is he forcing people to not take the vacxine or wear masks?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2