La Canfora sure likes Tremaine

So this is the year "all the instinct and fly to the gaps and actually be alpha physical etc...." yeah show me somethin. At this point I don't even know if I've seen enough dog in him to justify the "move him outside he'd be a terror off the edge" . This is the display for the final product for what we can expect folks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

I've always been on the fence with Tremaine. He definitely lacks instinct and drive and can't beat a blocker to save his life but on the other hand he plays every down and his size is extremely visible and clearly very useful in our D. You just wish he jumped routes, made tackles at or behind the LOS, beat a block, all the things probowlers do every game.

Could he make that big jump?

Theoretically, he could because he has the physical attributes needed to be a pro bowler but he has seldom shown the knowledge or the dog needed to be a great one, so probably not.

Perhaps one thing in his favor is that his front four should be better this year.... the problem is that the DL will only be a little better probably.... He should rise that little bit the DL does though....

One last thing I'd mention about Tremaine is that we do not play standard defense like we are used to. Tremaine is sometimes seen jumping up and down excited to make a play but holds his ground at the LB position because he is he coached to do that. Leslie wants everything in front of the D.... I miss Wade.

16 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

So this is the year "all the instinct and fly to the gaps and actually be alpha physical etc...." yeah show me somethin. At this point I don't even know if I've seen enough dog in him to justify the "move him outside he'd be a terror off the edge" . This is the display for the final product for what we can expect folks.

LOL, he's still one of the youngest guys on the team; younger than everyone except the rookies and a few 2nd year guys, and there are even several rookies who are older.  God forbid he be given a chance to grow and mature in the NFL.

Edited by eball
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3