La Canfora sure likes Tremaine

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

There are two guys on the Bills defense who, if they have breakout seasons, will absolutely transform the unit: Tremaine Edmunds and Ed Oliver. 

If, as the article predicts, Edmunds goes from being good to great, and if Ed Oliver responds to Star's return (and thus his own return to his more natural position) by being the terror we drafted him to be...totally different defense.

The Bills defense is actually getting a lot of juice back this year that it lacked last year: Milano and Edmunds, who both struggled with injuries all year, are healthy. Star returns. Oliver gets to play his natural 3T position more often. Epenesa believes he has found the right weight/speed balance, was starting to come toward the end of last year, and now gets a legitimate offseason program. Rousseau, Basham, and Obada added to the rotation. Dane Jackson, now comfortable after a year in this system, competes for a starting spot. That's A LOT of potential internal improvement. Edmunds and Oliver lead the way, though, with regard to their potential impact on the overall defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

That's the connection.  Ergo the thread title.

he says the same thing about Edmunds in both articles--no added or new analysis----it's almost a reprint.  He's just recycling his takes into newer content. 

• Agree 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:29 PM, TheBeaneBandit said:

So this is the year "all the instinct and fly to the gaps and actually be alpha physical etc...." yeah show me somethin. At this point I don't even know if I've seen enough dog in him to justify the "move him outside he'd be a terror off the edge" . This is the display for the final product for what we can expect folks.

Those pro bowl selections and players of the month didn’t work for you did they

On 6/18/2021 at 2:11 AM, John from Riverside said:

Those pro bowl selections and players of the month didn’t work for you did they

When did he win player of the month?  I remember he won rookie of the month but don’t remember him winning a player of the month.