Falcons want to trade Julio Jones, pats one of teams interested

On 5/22/2021 at 9:04 PM, Mat68 said:

What would do it?  2 2's?  I would find a way.  Diggs, Jones, Beasley, Sanders.  4 wide lets go.

They're saying on Get Up that he may be had for a 3rd rounder. Even if it's a 2nd and had a chance, it'll be done. Julio Jones is that missing link. 

On 5/23/2021 at 4:09 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

What about Davis?

Versus Julio Jones...what about him. That's like Nas vs J Cole

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They're saying on Get Up that he may be had for a 3rd rounder. Even if it's a 2nd and had a chance, it'll be done. Julio Jones is that missing link. 

Versus Julio Jones...what about him. That's like Nas vs J Cole

He left Davis off his list of our receivers was the point.  

And bad analogy...today, based on current albums not their historical Librry, J Cole > Nas.  Although Nas has the substantially better career and discography, J Cole recent album drop is fire and smokes Nas last album drop.  

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He left Davis off his list of our receivers was the point.  

And bad analogy...today, based on current albums not their historical Librry, J Cole > Nas.  Although Nas has the substantially better career and discography, J Cole recent album drop is fire and smokes Nas last album drop.  

I agree that J Cole album is 🔥 and that he is the new upcoming, but don’t think Nas can’t still deliver. That’s the analogy I was delivering. Julio will want to show and prove a la Diggs. Josh is the QB to help him do it. Diggs/Julio could be the Peerless/Moulds combo. 

Hard pass on trying to trade for Julio 

1) We're already stacked at WR

2) He's older and has injury concerns

3) We don't have the cap space or draft capital (we could do cap gymnastics, but what happens when JA gets that new contract?) 

I just don't see the cost being worth it. Even if we're only talking a 3rd and a contract re-negotiation. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

3) We don't have the cap space or draft capital (we could do cap gymnastics, but what happens when JA gets that new contract?) 

I just don't see the cost being worth it. Even if we're only talking a 3rd and a contract re-negotiation. 

I would only do it if he agreed to take a pay cut and if he was willing to come to Buffalo to help out Allen and Diggs etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

We have a very nice group, but absolutely stacked.....no. They are a couple guys from being old and decrepit, and yes Jones doesn't cure that, but it'd be a bomb ass 2 year party!

6 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I agree that J Cole album is 🔥 and that he is the new upcoming, but don’t think Nas can’t still deliver. That’s the analogy I was delivering. Julio will want to show and prove a la Diggs. Josh is the QB to help him do it. Diggs/Julio could be the Peerless/Moulds combo. 

Oh I still love Nas, was just saying album to album today based on each others most recent albums J Cole got him right now.  Ive seen Nas live multiple times, big fan.  My buddy Rich Nice has produced him and are close friends and says hes a great dude as well, but also a VERY successful Venture Capitalists with big hits in like Air BnB and Uber I believe too.  So yeah, J Cole got a LONNNNNG way to go to reach his level for sure.  But J Cole new album is definitely better than Nas last one, which was good too.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2021 at 1:58 PM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Basically the main benefit to trading for Jones would be to prevent someone like Miami, NE, KC, LAC, or Cleveland from acquiring him instead.

The cap gymnastics would be an issue and also, I think Beasley would be ok with a lesser share, but having someone like Jones would necessarily take targets away from Diggs or Sanders and that could create tension.

If we're gonna do something like this, get someone like Grady Jarrett instead.

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Future first round draft pick? Does that mean like 2023 or 2024 and not next year? (Curious) I am hoping the Pats get him for a 2nd and we throw in Harry. 

If the Cheaters throw in Harry, it will cost at least a 1st...

• Haha (+1) 1