Falcons want to trade Julio Jones, pats one of teams interested

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol I was just thinking a fair deal a 2nd and a WR who supposedly had a high upside and is cheap for them.

I know what you were thinking.  But Harry sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

He left Davis off his list of our receivers was the point.  

And bad analogy...today, based on current albums not their historical Librry, J Cole > Nas.  Although Nas has the substantially better career and discography, J Cole recent album drop is fire and smokes Nas last album drop.  

👀 Substantially better career and discography wins.  With all due respect to the new school.

15 hours ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

That's where I'm at. Why not?

Or let the Chefs or Browns get him and add to their already stacked offenses.

You can’t worry about what the other teams  might or might not do , if bringing him in helps your team win AND it’s a fair deal then GO FOR IT . 
But to make a trade for a player because you don’t want some other team to get him just seems silly to me , 

And by the way I would love to have Julio on this team I think our offense/passing game would be unstoppable 

On 5/27/2021 at 6:48 PM, purple haze said:

👀 Substantially better career and discography wins.  With all due respect to the new school.

McHammer has a better career than J Cole, doesn’t mean he’s currently putting out better music or is a better rapper than J Cole.  Just saying...

J Cole latest album > Nas last album.  That’s all I was saying.

There’s no way the Chiefs trade for Julio.  They had to do financial gymnastics already to get to $8.3 mil. Under the cap, and teams typically want at least $3 mil. for emergencies in the season which are inevitable.  Player x gets hurt and we have to pick someone up.  If you don’t, you have to cut someone to add someone or more than one.

Its a,so why we won’t get involved when we have a deep core if WR’s.  I can see the Browns, Pats, Colts, or Chargers as they are close, may think it’s worth it, and are willing to go for it for a big boost.  Julio no matter how much he gripes has no say in the matter.  He doesn’t have a no trade clause so if Jax with $38 mil. available (#1 in space) makes the best offer, the Falcons are going to take it.  He can moan all he wants.  The best thing other than a pin o line for a rookie QB with talent is having a true experienced #1 wr for Lawrence to count on in games.

I actually think it would be hilarious he is moved to crap team who wants a boost like Jax.  What matters is how much does ATL eat in Jones contract to save on the rest.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

McHammer has a better career than J Cole, doesn’t mean he’s currently putting out better music or is a better rapper than J Cole.  Just saying...

J Cole latest album > Nas last album.  That’s all I was saying.

MC Hammer is a great performer/entertainer.  Would not put him on any best rapper list.  Not even a hypothetical one...   But your point is taken.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:56 AM, machine gun kelly said:

There’s no way the Chiefs trade for Julio.  They had to do financial gymnastics already to get to $8.3 mil. Under the cap, and teams typically want at least $3 mil. for emergencies in the season which are inevitable.  Player x gets hurt and we have to pick someone up.  If you don’t, you have to cut someone to add someone or more than one.

Its a,so why we won’t get involved when we have a deep core if WR’s.  I can see the Browns, Pats, Colts, or Chargers as they are close, may think it’s worth it, and are willing to go for it for a big boost.  Julio no matter how much he gripes has no say in the matter.  He doesn’t have a no trade clause so if Jax with $38 mil. available (#1 in space) makes the best offer, the Falcons are going to take it.  He can moan all he wants.  The best thing other than a pin o line for a rookie QB with talent is having a true experienced #1 wr for Lawrence to count on in games.

I actually think it would be hilarious he is moved to crap team who wants a boost like Jax.  What matters is how much does ATL eat in Jones contract to save on the rest.

The only reason to question whether the Jags would be interested is because they have Tebow now, and there are only so many balls to go around.  :)

The team who goes for him is going to need cap space and/or have the Falcons pay a chunk of his salary to have him play elsewhere. It would be a nice addition for Lawrence, and too bad if Julio doesn’t like it. I would just hope he’d be above a “tweaked hammy” for a big chunk of the season. It happens at his age, and this is where you need to know the person. 

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

MC Hammer is a great performer/entertainer.  Would not put him on any best rapper list.  Not even a hypothetical one...   But your point is taken.

Totally agree with you, but to clarify didn’t say “best rapper” said best career given Hammer was one of the biggest stars in all of entertainment at his peak.

Funny side note...McHammer actually lives next door to my Uncle in Tracy, Ca.  Well like 4 doors down actually lol.  Supposedly a pretty good dude.  

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills bring in Jones, they’d have to give him a new deal. Then, if they did that, they’d DAMN sure have to give Diggs a new deal, too. Between those two guys, Beasley, and Sanders, they’d be shelling out a TON of money on the WR position, to say nothing of all the draft capital that would be invested in it, too.

I’m not denying that it would be a fun offense to watch, I’m just saying that it’s not very realistic and likely not very responsible.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

If the Bills bring in Jones, they’d have to give him a new deal. Then, if they did that, they’d DAMN sure have to give Diggs a new deal, too. Between those two guys, Beasley, and Sanders, they’d be shelling out a TON of money on the WR position, to say nothing of all the draft capital that would be invested in it, too.

I’m not denying that it would be a fun offense to watch, I’m just saying that it’s not very realistic and likely not very responsible.

I think it could be done.  Are you going to beat Mahomes playing ball control and defense?  Or go toe to toe?  The passing game is Buffalo biggest strength.  Why not super charge it?