Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

I filled up my tank yesterday.  Well not really.  The pump stopped at $100.  I figure I should top off as often as possible while the gas price moves swiftly towards $10.  Nice work Demented Biden!  

What a mess.  

52 minutes ago, Irv said:

I filled up my tank yesterday.  Well not really.  The pump stopped at $100.  I figure I should top off as often as possible while the gas price moves swiftly towards $10.  Nice work Demented Biden!  

What a mess.  

The other component in the US is the nation's declining refining capacity. 

In 2014, the last gas price spike, the US had 142 operating gasoline refineries.  In 2021, it's 129.  Refining crude oil through a straw. 

In 1990, the US had 205 gasoline refineries in operation.  

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=8_NA_8O0_NUS_C&f=A

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK Chef....but we expect you to un-retire by Monday morning so you can be back at your desk no later than 9:00am.

I need my desk for duck and cover when the nukes start flying so I’ll be there. 

On 2/25/2022 at 10:20 AM, B-Man said:

RELAX, KIDS, THE DEMOCRATS ARE IN CHARGE! 

Graduating students are concerned about entering the job market as inflation soars.

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=18960

Concerned about getting to work as things get more expensive? Really?? 

In 2020, about 7% of U.S. petroleum imports, including crude oil, came from Russia.

In 2020, the U.S. imported about 27.7 million barrels of crude oil from Russia, which represented a 1.3% of total crude oil imports. The U.S. imported its bulk from Canada—more than 1.3 billion barrels, or 61% of America's 2.2 billion imports.

In 2020, the U.S. exported more petroleum than it imported for the first time since 1949, according to EIA.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-united-states-imports-crude-oil-petroleum-from-russia-not-major-source/65-ce3e3ff2-7078-4c40-b57f-3db1ca8e62a4#:~:text=As for petroleum%2C in 2020,Its top source was Canada.

But oil is priced on global commodity markets, so the impact of Russia on global markets is felt everywhere. Why does the US export oil that is needed here ?

Most oil is still produced in US so oil companies are gouging

Biden admin courts Venezuela as Russian economy takes hits from sanctions: report

Senior US officials travel to South America as some suggest Venezuelan oil imports could replace those from Russia

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-venezuela-russian-economy-sanctions

Edited by ALF

2 hours ago, ALF said:

In 2020, about 7% of U.S. petroleum imports, including crude oil, came from Russia.

In 2020, the U.S. imported about 27.7 million barrels of crude oil from Russia, which represented a 1.3% of total crude oil imports. The U.S. imported its bulk from Canada—more than 1.3 billion barrels, or 61% of America's 2.2 billion imports.

In 2020, the U.S. exported more petroleum than it imported for the first time since 1949, according to EIA.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-united-states-imports-crude-oil-petroleum-from-russia-not-major-source/65-ce3e3ff2-7078-4c40-b57f-3db1ca8e62a4#:~:text=As for petroleum%2C in 2020,Its top source was Canada.

But oil is priced on global commodity markets, so the impact of Russia on global markets is felt everywhere. Why does the US export oil that is needed here ?

Biden admin courts Venezuela as Russian economy takes hits from sanctions: report

Senior US officials travel to South America as some suggest Venezuelan oil imports could replace those from Russia

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-venezuela-russian-economy-sanctions

The administration appears to be counting on the Iran nuclear deal to provides some relief to global oil supply.  Assuming a deal can be reached Iran can produce about 1 million barrels per day.  However, Israel has said in no uncertain terms that a nuclear Iran is a "red line" and not acceptable.  So a deal with Iran could result in a near-term relief drop in the price of oil only to be followed by higher prices resulting from any Israeli military action.  Although its impossible to say whether an attack on Iran's nuclear infrastructure would result in a one-and-done attack or escalate into a regional war.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

6 hours ago, ALF said:

How about Joe Biden turns the Keystone pipeline back on instead of worrying about importing oil from our foreign adversaries...🤦‍♂️

Yet another example of Biden putting America last...smh...worst president ever...👎

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

And There It Is: Biden Asks for Billions for COVID and Ukraine – Where Will This Money Really Go?

by Joe Hoft

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/biden-asks-billions-covid-give-ukraine-sort-tricks-will-biden-pull-time/

joe-biden-ukraine-billboard-600x425.jpg

It still chaps my ass that this crook actually said this out loud for all the world to hear, when it was proven that Ukraine/Burisma were corrupt and his idiot-boy son was on their board...and no one batted an eye.  Trump tries to ensure that Ukraine's new regime isn't corrupt before he gives them money that might be wasted...and he's impeached. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Wooooooo hooooooo!  Go Ukraine!

I'm not defending anyone with this but it's ***** like this that is stupid.  You don't compare dollars.  You compare percentages.  For those of us old enough to remember this is nothing compared to the 1970's when some stations didn't even have gas.  I hate sensationalized news.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not defending anyone with this but it's ***** like this that is stupid.  You don't compare dollars.  You compare percentages.  For those of us old enough to remember this is nothing compared to the 1970's when some stations didn't even have gas.  I hate sensationalized news.  

Reminds me more of ‘08 when I swore off gas guzzlers for good.

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

White privilege ......

Great!  I do have a question Mr Secretary. Where’s all this electric power going to come from??

9766C04C-E3DF-4BC2-A209-30AB7C7AB18A.thumb.jpeg.ae1559b731c124f209781172eab9f459.jpeg

Oh……..

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Reminds me more of ‘08 when I swore off gas guzzlers for good.

Ah yes. The great Hummer extermination. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Great!  I do have a question Mr Secretary. Where’s all this electric power going to come from??

The irony is that the US will likely use more coal to generate electricity in 2021 and 2022 than we did in the last decade, and I'll speculate that the four years in the Biden administration will see record coal consumption for generation.  Coal companies here in PA can't find enough workers and can't fill the orders fast enough.  

Just like President Obama was the best salesperson a gun company could ever have, Biden will be the President that brings back the coal industry.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1