Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

4 hours ago, Governor said:

It’s amazing to me how people get so bent out of shape about a few thousand dollars in property tax and are willing to give up quality of life over it.

Me and my wife are teachers and in the past 20 years one of my good friends from NY has made about 50k less than us in total. His home in NY was 18 months ago valued about the same as ours. In the 20 years though he has paid 250k more in income and property taxes and I am rounding down. Every year his income tax is 6k more than me and his property taxes are 7+ k more than me. Also my quality of like is better than his by almost any standard, the only thing that keeps him his family 

6 hours ago, Governor said:

This bonus gave recipients more income in benefits than they previously earned by working, but the intuition that it also lead them to avoid finding a new job isn’t quite right. That’s because the benefits do, at some point, end, while workers expect to stay at a job for almost two years. By carefully matching data about workers and employers collected by surveyors, the economists found that most workers would take a job that pays less than UI, particularly as benefits approach their end.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Me and my wife are teachers and in the past 20 years one of my good friends from NY has made about 50k less than us in total. His home in NY was 18 months ago valued about the same as ours. In the 20 years though he has paid 250k more in income and property taxes and I am rounding down. Every year his income tax is 6k more than me and his property taxes are 7+ k more than me. Also my quality of like is better than his by almost any standard, the only thing that keeps him his family 

Buffalo pays teachers like Alabama. I didn’t know that until a few years ago. My girlfriend who’s been teaching 5 years makes 68k here in NJ. When we lived in NC, she would’ve actually taken a decrease if she’d gone to Buffalo……so that’s gotta be top 5 worst place to teach. 

She’d obviously make less in Florida too but I’m not sure exactly how much less. I think St. John’s county pays the best in Florida. Doesn’t the pay go by district down there?

Edited by Governor

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Buffalo pays teachers like Alabama. I didn’t know that until a few years ago. My girlfriend who’s been teaching 5 years makes 68k here in NJ. When we lived in NC, she would’ve actually taken a decrease if she’d gone to Buffalo……so that’s gotta be top 5 worst place to teach. 

She’d obviously make less in Florida too but I’m not sure exactly how much less. I think St. John’s county pays the best in Florida. Doesn’t the pay go by district down there?

Pay is by county but the point you were making of "a few thousand" is not valid if you are successful. If you buy a home you will pay 12k more in taxes to the state and local govt than I do every year. Also my standard of living is very high.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Pay is by county but the point you were making of "a few thousand" is not valid if you are successful. If you buy a home you will pay 12k more in taxes to the state and local govt than I do every year. Also my standard of living is very high.

My gf made 38-41k in NC and now makes 68k. We don’t pay 30k extra a year in taxes. Know what I mean? 

Her pay increases are also much larger and more often here also.

I would agree that moving from upstate NY to Florida would be a different scenario. I wouldn’t enjoy being paid a southern salary and then pay NY taxes.

If we bought a house in our new county on 1 acre it would be 9-10k a year in property taxes. That isn’t enough to make us pack up a moving van and move to Florida in revolt.

She’s also coming from a school in NC that had 10k students and now she has 450 students. I’m sure that makes the job much more gratifying.

Edited by Governor

10 hours ago, Governor said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/01/08/see-which-florida-school-districts-pay-their.html

A restaurant owner says raising wages to $15 would solve her labor shortage - but she'd have to hike menu prices. Instead, she's turning to automated drive-thrus.

A fast-food franchisee says she's turning to automated drive-thrus to solve her labor shortage, rather than offering a $15 hourly wage to attract new staff.

Shana Gonzales, a Checkers franchisee who owns four restaurants in the Atlanta area, told The New York Times that she wanted to hire more workers, but that it wouldn't be profitable. She said raising wages to $14 or $15 would allow her to fully staff her restaurants - but that she'd have to raise menu prices, which could deter customers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/labor-shortage-restaurant-staff-workers-wages-minimum-automation-menu-prices-2021-7

You don't support the middle class if you support $15 minimum wage.

We told you there are reasons only Big Corporations (and 17 year olds) support it.  

2 hours ago, Governor said:

4 times your rent would be my guess.

This isn’t complicated. If you can’t afford rent then you need to make adjustments in your life, job, or location. Rents are based on supply and demand. Apartments, in general, aren’t sitting empty. Their price is based on the people who are willing to pay that rent. 

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This isn’t complicated. If you can’t afford rent then you need to make adjustments in your life, job, or location. Rents are based on supply and demand. Apartments, in general, aren’t sitting empty. Their price is based on the people who are willing to pay that rent. 

You mean rent prices won't stay the same and will increase? 🤯

13 hours ago, Doc said:

You mean rent prices won't stay the same and will increase? 🤯

Rents are going up due to Biden policies.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

How long can supply shortages continue?

As the global economy kicks into high gear following the pandemic, demand for certain consumer goods and tech components has outstripped supply, leading to shortages of everything from cars to household appliances.

Shortages are not something consumers in developed economies are used to dealing with. They are annoying. But they can also feed inflation, because consumers are competing over fewer products, driving up prices.

The big question is how long shortages will persist. For clues, investors can look to Asia, where supplier delivery times across manufacturing sectors increased in June. Industrial production in South Korea and Japan fell in May.

"All of this will reinforce concerns that supply is failing to keep pace with red-hot demand and provide more grist to the inflation mill," said Neil Shearing, group chief economist at Capital Economics.

"Supply shortages are not going to disappear overnight — on the contrary, they are likely to persist in some form until well into 2022," he added.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/06/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

• Haha (+1) 1