Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

I think it’s pretty clear that people aren’t ever going to return to those low wage jobs. Some still seem to be in denial about that. No one wants to return to their pre-Covid life. We’re seeing evidence of that all across the workforce.

In our lifetime, American workers have never had the power they presently have.

Literally, so dumb

The State cannot borrow TRILLIONS and pay you to exist forever.  In fact, the US has probably gone too far already on this front, we just don't know it yet.

Just dumb Leftist thinking:  "Yah, those low-wage folks just won't go back to those low-paying jobs while the gov't is paying them a lot more not to (irrespective of where those gov't funds are coming from)...they don't want to, they've learned to like having more money"

This is exactly the disastrous thinking behind the Liberal/Democrat cabal currently pulling the Pinocchio strings above Biden that will sink this whole place.

My goodness I can't believe how dumb.  

3 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

Literally, so dumb

The State cannot borrow TRILLIONS and pay you to exist forever.  In fact, the US has probably gone too far already on this front, we just don't know it yet.

Just dumb Leftist thinking:  "Yah, those low-wage folks just won't go back to those low-paying jobs while the gov't is paying them a lot more not to (irrespective of where those gov't funds are coming from)...they don't want to, they've learned to like having more money"

This is exactly the disastrous thinking behind the Liberal/Democrat cabal currently pulling the Pinocchio strings above Biden that will sink this whole place.

My goodness I can't believe how dumb.  

I’m sorry that it isn’t working out in your favor. You’ll never see me siding with businesses that want their slaves back.

Pay them and they’ll come back.

If an extra $300/week is why no one is returning to work, that illustrates what the real problem is our economic system.

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’m sorry that it isn’t working out in your favor. You’ll never see me siding with businesses that want their slaves back.

Pay them and they’ll come back.

If an extra $300/week is why no one is returning to work, that illustrates what the real problem is our economic system.

The COVID economy (market-oriented) has been the greatest gift of my professional life, really feel guilty about it.

But I'm not stupid enough to think these are sustainable scenarios, that if the Gov't keeps borrowing like this (even starting with this ABSURD $3.5T meaningless bill) that the US won't collapse sometime beyond that.

Lefists have no clue how an economy works

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

The COVID economy (market-oriented) has been the greatest gift of my professional life, really feel guilty about it.

But I'm not stupid enough to think these are sustainable scenarios, that if the Gov't keeps borrowing like this (even starting with this ABSURD $3.5T meaningless bill) that the US won't collapse sometime beyond that.

Lefists have no clue how an economy works

I always think back to some people I knew in HS that never finished and started their own landscaping business. These people used cheap labor(usually illegally) for the last 30 years and now own 750k homes and have a dozen vehicles.

That’s not the American dream. That’s taking advantage of a rigged system.

Someone that cuts lawns was never supposed to be a millionaire. That “model” never should’ve existed in the first place.

It will take time for some to adjust.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

I always think back to some people I knew in HS that never finished and started their own landscaping business. These people used cheap labor(usually illegally) for the last 30 years and now own 750k homes and have a dozen vehicles.

That’s not the American dream. That’s taking advantage of a rigged system.

Someone that cuts lawns was never supposed to be a millionaire. That “model” never should’ve existed in the first place.

It will take time for some to adjust.

this is called an anecdote...it does not represent a system or set of rules

You don't rule by anecdote, instead you set up a system of rules and OBLIGATIONS based on reality.  

You and your types despise US market-oriented capitalism despite the reality that it's by far the best system ever devised on this planet for such a purpose...that it's lifted more people out of poverty than any other...that OTHER systems, many that which abide by the types of rules and obligations you desire, end up faltering and collapsing and leading to ruin & despair, as has been witnessed throughout history.  

No, your anecdote does not mean anything.  You have no fundamental clue, apparently, of what inflation means for the economy, the nation, its people, or yourself for that matter.  

The fact that this thinking is taking over America is the clearest evidence that we are in deep trouble.  And no, you have no evidence to counter these claims, becuase they don't exist on the planet.

9 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

this is called an anecdote...it does not represent a system or set of rules

You don't rule by anecdote, instead you set up a system of rules and OBLIGATIONS based on reality.  

You and your types despise US market-oriented capitalism despite the reality that it's by far the best system ever devised on this planet for such a purpose...that it's lifted more people out of poverty than any other...that OTHER systems, many that which abide by the types of rules and obligations you desire, end up faltering and collapsing and leading to ruin & despair, as has been witnessed throughout history.  

No, your anecdote does not mean anything.  You have no fundamental clue, apparently, of what inflation means for the economy, the nation, its people, or yourself for that matter.  

The fact that this thinking is taking over America is the clearest evidence that we are in deep trouble.  And no, you have no evidence to counter these claims, becuase they don't exist on the planet.

We always knew we’d drag some of you kicking and screaming towards progress. I’m sure you’ll be just fine.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

We always knew we’d drag some of you kicking and screaming towards progress. I’m sure you’ll be just fine.

So progress is more and more people not working because they don't want to make too little money.  So from where are they getting money to live a better life in the mean time?

4 hours ago, Governor said:

I think it’s pretty clear that people aren’t ever going to return to those low wage jobs. Some still seem to be in denial about that. No one wants to return to their pre-Covid life. We’re seeing evidence of that all across the workforce.

In our lifetime, American workers have never had the power they presently have.

How did they ever survive pre-Covid in those "low wage jobs"?   Work or starve is my motto.  

3 hours ago, Governor said:

What on earth is wrong with you?  These are not people that cut lawns.  These are people that are/were hard working entrepreneurs who built a business and became millionaires.  

• Agree 1

26 states ended federal unemployment benefits early. Data suggests it’s not getting people back to work

Twenty-six states announced their intent to end federal pandemic-era benefits starting in May. They officially pulled out in waves over June and July.

UKG, a payroll and time-management firm, found that shifts among hourly workers in those states grew at about half the rate as states that continued the benefit — the opposite trend of what one might expect.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/04/early-end-to-federal-unemployment-pay-in-26-states-not-getting-people-to-work.html

On 8/17/2021 at 1:30 PM, B-Man said:

The problem is when Biden wakes up, he’s in 1978. 

On 8/19/2021 at 4:07 AM, TtownBillsFan said:

I'm just taking this one, which was from a month or more ago, to say;  dude, stuff the "what a mess' schtick.  It's way over played out by you.  It's made me almost (not yet, but almost) 'ignore' you like I do the lib-tards.  Please stuff/stop that 'what a mess' schtick.  Please.

I acknowledge having a different sense of humor than some, but @Irv and “What a mess” makes me laugh every time he uses it.  

My bigger concern is that @ComradeKayAdams will turn him into a card-carrying socio-commie revolutionary wearing a “Feel the Bern” tank top.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

26 states ended federal unemployment benefits early. Data suggests it’s not getting people back to work

Twenty-six states announced their intent to end federal pandemic-era benefits starting in May. They officially pulled out in waves over June and July.

UKG, a payroll and time-management firm, found that shifts among hourly workers in those states grew at about half the rate as states that continued the benefit — the opposite trend of what one might expect.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/04/early-end-to-federal-unemployment-pay-in-26-states-not-getting-people-to-work.html

Again, the end of the eviction moratorium will change things.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

HTF is the CDC allowed to do this?

The White House previously had said it couldn’t extend the eviction ban again after the Supreme Court ruled in June that the policy could only be renewed through legislation.

It’s unclear how the court will respond to this new moratorium, but it could at least buy states and cities more time to distribute the $45 billion in rental assistance allocated by Congress. Just around $3 billion of that money had reached households by the end of June.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/19/2021 at 12:04 PM, Governor said:

You do understand that the cost of labor generally gets passed on to the consumer, right?