McShay- Bills trying to move up above 23 for Etienne

36 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Could go either way. I'm leaning this way also. They want someone and need them to fall a bit. 

It's a possibility, but to go up to 22 or 23 and then hope your guys falls, still a lot of picks have to happen for that to work. 

This makes no sense.  Leak it now that you want to leap frog teams to get a certain player that the other team covets.  What prevents those teams to leap frog the Bills.  Stay put and if you want to trade execute it on draft day with the team on the clock.

17 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's a possibility, but to go up to 22 or 23 and then hope your guys falls, still a lot of picks have to happen for that to work. 

I wouldn’t rule out swapping 1st’s with Chicago. (20) Something felt “wink wink” about that whole Mitch trade/ordeal. 

1 hour ago, appoo said:

this move means the Bills wouldn’t need any offensive player in this draft other than a TE prospect and OL depth, and upgrade the Bills to the best offense in the league.

Julio as your #2 weapon is absurd in this offense 

We'd have to cut 3 decent players just to afford him

5 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I wouldn’t rule out swapping 1st’s with Chicago. (20) Something felt “wink wink” about that whole Mitch trade/ordeal. 

He signed as a FA. If the wink wink you are referring to is that they let him go and then he chose to sign with us, I'm not sure you know what wink wink means.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, appoo said:

this move means the Bills wouldn’t need any offensive player in this draft other than a TE prospect and OL depth, and upgrade the Bills to the best offense in the league.

Julio as your #2 weapon is absurd in this offense 

Signing Jones would be akin to when we signed Lofton, who made our offense nearly impossible to defend. I’d be all for it if the numbers could be worked out. But I can’t see it. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

We'd have to cut 3 decent players just to afford him

He signed as a FA. If the wink wink you are referring to is that they let him go and then he chose to sign with us, I'm not sure you know what wink wink means.

The Mitch didn’t “choose” anything. That was an arranged wedding to send him to Jesus Camp to “fix” him. That was a favor.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Signing Jones would be akin to when we signed Lofton, who made our offense nearly impossible to defend. I’d be all for it if the numbers could be worked out. But I can’t see it. 

Tough numbers

16 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

If they do it with their 1st rd pick or move up - I will laugh and laugh at their wasted picks.

Just as if we move up - I would be ticked.  No value at all to that position.

Anthony that’s enough  !!!!

Etienne is a great talent. 

That being said I would be upset if we took him at #30. Which means I’d be even more upset if we traded up to take him. 

With THAT being said, I’m also not going to behave like the sky is falling if we take him or trade up to take him. 

• Agree 1

Albert Breer has us drafting Etienne too in his final mock:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/27/nfl-mock-draft-san-francisco-49ers-mac-jones-bengals-jamarr-chase

30. Buffalo Bills: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

I got the Alvin Kamara comp on Etienne from a couple of teams. I vetted it out: Is that a little much? And everyone I’ve talked to has said no, it’s an appropriate parallel to draw. That’s why I love the fit with Buffalo. With the amount of space the Bills receiver group—and Josh Allen’s ability to push the ball downfield—should create underneath, Etienne could really wreak havoc.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Etienne is a great talent. 

That being said I would be upset if we took him at #30. Which means I’d be even more upset if we traded up to take him. 

With THAT being said, I’m also not going to behave like the sky is falling if we take him or trade up to take him. 

My pitchforks are sharpened and ready 

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/27/nfl-mock-draft-san-francisco-49ers-mac-jones-bengals-jamarr-chase

I got the Alvin Kamara comp on Etienne from a couple of teams. I vetted it out: Is that a little much? And everyone I’ve talked to has said no, it’s an appropriate parallel to draw. That’s why I love the fit with Buffalo. With the amount of space the Bills receiver group—and Josh Allen’s ability to push the ball downfield—should create underneath, Etienne could really wreak havoc.

Man that sounds nice ( wreck havoc ) 

36 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I know this isn’t happening but 

So Excited Reaction GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I know this isn’t happening but 

So Excited Reaction GIF

I will say, Beane's smokescreen has completely worked on me. 48 hours ago I wasnt much of an Etienne fan and hated the idea. But the more that comes out about it, the more I have bought into it. And thinking about him catching those wide-open underneath passes in space... ooo wee

Beane blowing that smokescreen into my brain...

FuCaP.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I will say, Beane's smokescreen has completely worked on me. 48 hours ago I wasnt much of an Etienne fan and hated the idea. But the more that comes out about it, the more I have bought into it. And thinking about him catching those wide-open underneath passes in space... ooo wee

Beane blowing that smokescreen into my brain...

FuCaP.gif

golden girls blanche GIF

• Haha (+1) 1