Alex Smith announces retirement

20 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Good for Alex. He was able to come back and go out on his own terms. It’s probably best before he has any other issues with the leg...

I agree wholeheartedly.  I’m happy that he can walk away from the game - and I mean that literally.  I cringed every time I saw him get hit last season. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Good for him. He has nothing left to prove to himself or anyone else. Hopefully he can now walk away with that peace of knowing it is the right decision and enjoy the rest of his life. 

Underrated QB. He had some really good years in KC and San Fran. I think people just got so used to calling him average or below average that they didn't realize that se of his seasons he was easily a top 10 QB when you look at the stats. And he was a 3 time pro bowler.

I also think it was super lame that he got the boot after taking the 49ers to the Superbowl. San Fran should have stuck with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

After watching that special on his injury and recovery, it's amazing that he was able to come back and play in NFL games.

Nothing left to prove, and not worth the risk of further injury to that leg. He's got a boatload of money, a great family, and proved that he overcame that horrific injury. 

• Agree 1