Sheldon Richardson released

For those readers not familiar with the term "3-technique" here is a simple article explaining the concept:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2011/4/11/2082375/draft-terminology-the-three-technique-and-the-five-technique

Here is a much more advanced article on the 3 tech's role in the 4-3 defense:

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/3-Technique--Block-Destruction-vs--Run-Blocking-Schemes.html?soid=1104030277664&aid=kBQJqIuy0Ug

57 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

Nothing wrong with gun ownership.  I don't know the story of what he was doing though.

143 mph while smoking a blunt with a 12 year old kid in the car and loaded gun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3181480/amp/New-York-Jets-star-Sheldon-Richardson-charged-resisting-arrest-traveling-143mph-Bentley-loaded-gun-child-just-DAYS-failing-NFL-drug-test.html

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you are going to screw up, might as well go all in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No....we need 2 quality 1techs once Star leaves. Not a fit.

1Ts are headed the way of FBs and blocking TEs.  They can be occasionally useful, but the Bills went 15-4 last season without a real 1T and when they lost in the AFC Championship Game, having a 1T wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

Wouldn't surprise me if Beane some how some way got him to come here on a 1 yr deal that he could with the money coming from the Browns still make the cash he would have if he was a allowed to stay with them . 

Always thought he was a good player & i think he would be a upgrade att hat spot for sure ...

On 4/16/2021 at 4:33 PM, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Please nothing more that's going to interrupt Ed's development as a playmaking 3-tech. The Bills criticize the UofH coaching staff for playing Oliver in the 1-tech role for most of his college career, then proceed to do the exact same thing in what is year 2 of his career, arguably the most important to a player's development. I know they'll say they had no choice, due to Star's opt-out + some injuries. But I would've signed King Kong Bundy off the street to play 1-tech, before I moved Ed to there.

The Bills need 1-techs in this draft, perhaps one of the top in round 2 and then another sneaky good one on day 3. Anything to make sure they never play Ed there again!

Bills do need a 1 tech from the draft. maybe two.
Not sure where/when the Bills will find them though.
Richardson does not have a spot to fill for us. If we did need another 3 ? He would be a worth  a good tire kickin'

5 hours ago, T master said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Beane some how some way got him to come here on a 1 yr deal that he could with the money coming from the Browns still make the cash he would have if he was a allowed to stay with them . 

Always thought he was a good player & i think he would be a upgrade att hat spot for sure ...

who would he supplant? and what would be a good deal for Bills ?

19 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Bills do need a 1 tech from the draft. maybe two.
Not sure where/when the Bills will find them though.
Richardson does not have a spot to fill for us. If we did need another 3 ? He would be a worth  a good tire kickin'

who would he supplant? and what would be a good deal for Bills ?

If he could be a better fit than Vernon Butler or a back up for Star not real sure who but if it's better than what we have at that position i'm game to bring him in to see if he would be a fit . 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, T master said:

If he could be a better fit than Vernon Butler or a back up for Star not real sure who but if it's better than what we have at that position i'm game to bring him in to see if he would be a fit . 

Butler was also dinged up for a chunk of the year, but when your 330 pound DT is a less effective NT than your 288 pound DE, that says a lot.

Honestly for all the crap Ed has gotten this summer, the job he did at NT is SUPER impressive given his size. Butler and Phillips are bigger guys and didn’t do as good as a job.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Butler was also dinged up for a chunk of the year, but when your 330 pound DT is a less effective NT than your 288 pound DE, that says a lot.

Honestly for all the crap Ed has gotten this summer, the job he did at NT is SUPER impressive given his size. Butler and Phillips are bigger guys and didn’t do as good as a job.

Yet another reason that the bills need to add a one tech in the draft. Star is great to have, but with the way that they rotate the defensive line, they need to have a player of that ilk in there. Nobody else is equipped to play that position and Ed is much better as a three Tech.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, T master said:

if the McBeanes agree with you ? Then so do I  :)