Lee smith traded to ATL

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

What route running? The guy had 6 targets all year. They never throw to him except maybe down by the goal line. NFL tackles are more than athletic enough to do what he did in the passing game down by the goal line.

He ran his one route very well.

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

As someone who is beloved by his teammates, and a good teammate himself, Lee has always gotten a lot of grief that isnt warranted by fans. If he was as bad as everyone says he wouldn't have gotten as much playing time as he did or have a job in the NFL for 10 years.

He and his family live in Knoxville, tn and has kids in school. I dont know him personally (friend of friends of mine), but perhaps part of his retirement is wanting to be closer to his home and family. Atlanta is a 1 hr flight from Knoxville on any standard flight. 3 hours to drive. Just a little more then Nashville is from Knoxville.

Between this and John Brown being released (I went to college with him) all of my personal connections to players on the team are now gone. 😕

I dont think I have or will have any other connections in the future to the the Bills or NFL in general. 

I'll try to find out more about how this went down.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I was always baffled by having a the blocking TE that can only catch wide open passes on the roster. Just put a backup OT out there and declare him eligible. Why waste a roster spot?

That guy is now called Ryan Bates.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

As good as this move is...it still doesn't beat a 3rd rounder for Tyrod!!!!! 🤑

Tyrod has made a lot of money masquerading as a NFL quarterback. He just did it again yesterday.

10 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Beane is like a used car salesman !  How did he get anything from Atl foe Lee? Truly the WIZARD ! 

The Pegula's need to give Beane a shot at the Sabres GM job.  Or at least get the GM's and coaches into the same room and say (pointing to the Bills side) "this" works and (pointing to the Sabres side) "that" doesn't.  Do more of "this" and stop doing "that". 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How in blue hell did Beane get a pick for Lee Smith 

He had a 50% TD to catch ratio last year and analytics are everything nowadays ;)

Who cares that it was 4 and 2 TD's?  ;)

11 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Lol Doesn’t seem right eh. Our Gm is on a different level than Atlanta’s apparently. 

Our GM is on a different level than anyone the Bills ever had.

I wonder why there were no takers for Smoke? maybe the contract?