Aaron Jones re-signing with GB

That’s a good deal. He’s one of few running backs worth paying cause he is so diverse in his skill set. That being said- two things:

1- that draft last year has led to two top 65 picks backing up highly paid starters. Not sure that’s how a team trying to maximize a HOF’s last SB window should play things. 

2- not sure why you don’t just franchise tag him? 8 million or so this year, do it again next year and you get closer to the 12 million they’re paying him anyways... if the franchise tag doesn’t work for RB’s, it doesn’t work for anyone. - I suppose he could have made it clear he wouldn’t play on the tag, but I haven’t heard anything about that. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol. Meaning the pre-legal tampering tampering came up with a bum market. Gonna be interesting to see how this FA period shakes out.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Aaron Jones re-signing with GB
6 hours ago, WMDman said:

Good ***** the fish

I wanted miami to overpay for him!

5 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Well, for those who want Etienne or Harris at pick 30, nobody’s taking a RB from picks 26 through 29.  And I doubt 2 go before pick 25 but you never know.  

I think 1 will go before 25. Saints at 28 is something to keep an eye on as they may draft one to compliment kamara. Prob not but wouldn't be shocked 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he just wanted to stay with the packers 

He could be hooked on those cheese curds!!!

That’s a LOT of moolah to pay for a RB. He was a 5th round pick a few years ago. I’d hope we would just go find another one and spend the money on the lines, QB, pass rush and WR.

BUT, that’s why I’m here on my couch. 

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

2- not sure why you don’t just franchise tag him? 8 million or so this year, do it again next year and you get closer to the 12 million they’re paying him anyways... if the franchise tag doesn’t work for RB’s, it doesn’t work for anyone. - I suppose he could have made it clear he wouldn’t play on the tag, but I haven’t heard anything about that. 

I see what you are saying... but maybe they just want to pay him because he deserves it... even if the “rules “ allow them to try to pay him less...

He has been paid chump change in his career so far.. 

Edited by Aussie Joe

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I see what you are saying... but maybe they just want to pay him because he deserves it... even if the “rules “ allow them to try to pay him less...

He has been paid chump change in his career so far.. 

Maybe so, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it isn't the typical motive for paying a guy.

Crazy they have now invested almost 1/3 of their cap to Rodgers adams and Jones. And invested first and second round draft picks as backups. Weird team building strategy to me. Thought for sure Dillon would take over. Run Dillon and sign williams back at a fraction of the cost and maybe you could afford some better defensive players. Still gonna be a great offense but I wouldn’t expect them to build in such a way. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he just wanted to stay with the packers 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/14/aaron-jones-anticipated-bigger-offers-in-free-agency/ No I think he just didn’t see the number he was chasing in FA and saw that Green Bay was putting forth more cash than most teams that were interested in signing him

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/14/aaron-jones-anticipated-bigger-offers-in-free-agency/ No I think he just didn’t see the number he was chasing in FA and saw that Green Bay was putting forth more cash than most teams that were interested in signing him

His agent said it himself.....he was anticipating bigger offers in free agency, but aaron wanted to stay in GB.

he didn’t say that the offers weren’t as high as he anticipated.  He’s saying that they never even get offers...because aaron had decided he wants to stay in Gb and sign before he could receive offers tomorrow

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Crazy they have now invested almost 1/3 of their cap to Rodgers adams and Jones. And invested first and second round draft picks as backups. Weird team building strategy to me. Thought for sure Dillon would take over. Run Dillon and sign williams back at a fraction of the cost and maybe you could afford some better defensive players. Still gonna be a great offense but I wouldn’t expect them to build in such a way. 

agreed, especially with Dillon. 

I wonder if there are easy outs in this Deal for the packers; if so, Jones may never see the end of this contract.