Since Watson wants out of Houston, could Watt be far behind?

Draconator

26 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't disagree, but 14 TFLs is a lot. He finished 6th in the league in that category. 

I was shocked to see that he played 16 games this season.  He's definitely got gas in the tank.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I was shocked to see that he played 16 games this season.  He's definitely got gas in the tank.

It's more than that -- he played over 90 percent of the snaps, which is crazy for a d-lineman. He may have played the most snaps of any d-lineman in the league; no one on the Bills came close to his rate. Of course, you'd think the counting stats would be higher because of this ... 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

IF by some crazy twist of fate he wanted to come to Buffalo for very reasonable money and play for a "great" organization

in front of "great" fans and try for a ring, I would embrace him for a year contract!

Chris Jones had 0 tackles 1 assist in the AFCCG.  He was easily the best defensive player on the field that day, by a wide margin imo.  0 tackles for loss. 

We need impact defensive lineman that can collapse the pocket and get pressure when we rush 4.  Especially on 3rd down.  We should try and acquire any DL that can do that if the price is right

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, these numbers are all over the place. ESPN has him at 8. Who really knows? PFR is my go-to site, but I can't say with any certainty that they're better on this stat than others.

Either way JJ Watt imho is on the downside of his career and not a fan adding him all things considered. 

30 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Either way JJ Watt imho is on the downside of his career and not a fan adding him all things considered. 

Bills need a playmaker or two on the Dline.  Oliver may become one, with the right supporting cast.   Watt is a playmaker.   He's a guy who requires the attention of the offense.  Even if he is on the downside.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I like the idea of acquiring Watt.  he may be on the downside, and that should be reflected in his contract, but he's still better than our current talent. Also, AJ could learn from one of the best.  

I love the idea of getting Watt and Tomlinson in FA.  Solve DT/DE and then you can draft one, but don't "have to".  

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

If Watt also requests a trade, I would want the Bills to make a serious push to land him. I know his best years are behind him, but his leadership would be invaluable, and would lead to an even more cohesive locker room, and I think the guy has a few good games left in him. 

I agree with you here. Maybe 10/16 games unfortunately. Tough to gameplan a scheme around a guy that's available for 8-12 games a year. When he goes down you gotta throw it out and start over. "No ability like availability". Him in his prime would've been enough to push us over the top this year though. Hard to find pass rushers

13 hours ago, Draconator said:

If Watt also requests a trade, I would want the Bills to make a serious push to land him. I know his best years are behind him, but his leadership would be invaluable, and would lead to an even more cohesive locker room, and I think the guy has a few good games left in him. 

His body is broken down and I don't know that he would be worth the cost.

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

You guys won’t want to hear it but KC could use a guy like Watt as a depth player as we attempt to uh..........3peat.

he’d sign cheap for chance at ring....just like Suggs last year.

Suggs didn't sign cheap with the Chiefs. He got cut by the Cardinals after 13 games so "just like Suggs last year" is utter BS.

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watt would be a horrible candidate for a trade IMHO.  The lose/lose situation is to trade picks AND have to pay a high salary for a guy who has played 2 full seasons in the last 4, and looked OK in the most recent.

I think he's likely to be a cap casualty for Houston.

Then we need him on a team friendly contract!

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Pittsburgh makes the most sense for him. 
I don’t personally want him on buffalos team. Not with the salary he’ll get in free agency or his current final year of his deal. Odds have to be pretty high you won’t get 10 games out of him. 

Bring him and his brother here to retire Bills

I'd love to see him here. I just don't see any reasonable way for that to happen.

7 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

You guys won’t want to hear it but KC could use a guy like Watt as a depth player as we attempt to uh..........3peat.

he’d sign cheap for chance at ring....just like Suggs last year.

Yeah, if willing to sign cheap, KC would certainly be the favorite.

Edited by Thurman#1