Shefter: Daboll favorite in LA

BillsMafi$

10 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I was wondering that myself.

Herbert is way ahead of Allen's first year.

Pretty much every starting QB in the NFL had a better rookie season than Allen did.....so what's your point?

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

do you honestly think Josh had nearly the same supporting cast his first year? 

Your point was he doesn’t have JA’s ceiling. He clearly had good receivers, a bad line, and a bad game day coach. It’s likely he does have JA’s ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

My point is that its impossible to predict Herbert's ceiling at this point. It may be higher, it may be lower.

Does that clear things up ?

It may be higher than what? Allen's?

Maybe...... Though I just don't see it.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My biggest question is how many coaches leave with him. Could be a few of them. 

That would be interesting.  We'll find out who's all in on the McDermott system, and who has had enough.

Edited by Nextmanup

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

Continuity for the offense is so huge.  The worst thing they could do IMO is bring in someone with a new system.

Here's your continuity: Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley, Gabe Davis. That's the core of the offense. Any OC with experience will be smart enough to let the offense run on its own. Hiring an internal candidate for the sake of continuity is not smart when there are plenty of more qualified candidates. Hey Doug Pederson, want to get your coaching career back on track? Here's a Super Bowl caliber offense for you. Have fun.

I don't understand why fans are ready to hand this offense to someone with no experience calling plays. We have a 2 year Super Bowl window before Allen has a huge cap hit. No time for Dorsey to figure out how to call plays.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I tend to agree. I can make a case for Chad Hall (because if we don't we lose him sooner rather than later) but the question should be what would Josh be most comfortable with? And then do that.

For all but 1. We can't now block a coordinator interview. So say we hire Dorsey as OC and Daboll asks to speak to Hall as his OC we can't block that.

I'm 99% sure a team can block ANY coach that isn't attempting to be a head coach if he is under contact. However it is usually allowed by the original team (especially if it is a perceived advancement) so that the team doesn't get that reputation as a career killer.

Just now, aceman_16 said:

I'm 99% sure a team can block ANY coach that isn't attempting to be a head coach if he is under contact. However it is usually allowed by the original team (especially if it is a perceived advancement) so that the team doesn't get that reputation as a career killer.

Nope. That rule changed last summer. You can't block position coach to coordinator promotions now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nope. That rule changed last summer. You can't block position coach to coordinator promotions now.

Okay....I haven't heard that but I will defer to what you said. Thanks for the info

Ps found a link thanks!

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/nfl-changes-rules

Edited by aceman_16
link