Shefter: Daboll favorite in LA

BillsMafi$

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s funny how many people wanted him fired after last season. This is the first year of his career he’s ever had an offense like this. Personally I don’t care who the chargers hire as long as it’s not Jordan Palmer. 

The guy was crucified on this Board last year.   I began to think his name was actually Dumbbell. 

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, wakingfane said:

Can we inventory the current E-P offenses in the league? Did Brady bring it to Tampa Bay? Of all the playoff teams, I feel like they most closely resemble our offense. Did New England still run an E-P system this year? It sure didn't look like a very advanced one if so...

What is an E-P offense?

7 minutes ago, CSBill said:

What is an E-P offense?

Erhardt-Perkins. It's what the Patriots have ran for a long time. We've ran it under Daboll. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2020/2/24/21140555/two-concepts-in-one-the-erhardt-perkins-playcalling-language

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

On 1/16/2021 at 7:59 AM, wvbillsfan said:

Hopefully he stays. But this match made the most sense from the start. 
If I’m Daboll that’s where I want to go- a loaded team with a good qb that can win now. 

Without bad time management and situational game management the chargers would’ve been right there fighting for a playoff spot. 

First thing I do if I’m Daboll is overhaul that strength and conditioning program. The chargers get ravaged with injuries every year. 

Wonder how much that has to do with their ownership.  Seems when in San Diego with talent and decent coaching they still underperformed.  Could be they don't put in the resources for good S&C. Gotta hand it to the Pegulas they don't overlook helping keep the players in great shape. That helps keep our guys at their optimum abilities.  

21 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Erhardt-Perkins. It's what the Patriots have ran for a long time. We've ran it under Daboll. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2020/2/24/21140555/two-concepts-in-one-the-erhardt-perkins-playcalling-language

In terms of teams using the E-P as their core offensive scheme in the NFL in 2021 its Buffalo, Indianapolis, New England, LAC, New Orleans, Carolina, and Tampa. I think it is what Nick Sirianni started with as well - he is from that Whisenhunt, Reich E-P tree. Although his morphed into a pretty unorthodox version of the E-P as the season progressed to really tailor it to what Jalen Hurts does. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/16/2021 at 9:01 AM, SoCal Deek said:

He’d be crazy not to head for LA but something seems odd if the Chargers pull the trigger on yet another leadership connection to Buffalo, having tried John Butler years ago as GM and more recently Lynn as HC. We’ll see.

Not that odd. Ownership may like what they see from how the Bills have rebuilt around a franchise qb.  Knowing how to add pieces around a talented young qb is gonna give Daboll alot of interviews.  He'll have his choice of jobs I'm sure.

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

Man, I didn't see the dates and I thought Staley got fired

Me too. I was searching the interwebs and all I could find was the Special Teams coach got axed.   Was totally confused.  

• Simon locked this topic