Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

We better get use to talking heads picking against us. 
Baltimore 

KC

Green Bay

Bucs

Saints

Most people will believe Josh Allen is the real deal. I don’t think they believe in our defense. 
Defense will come to play Saturday. 

When we won the Colts game, I figured the Ravens would be given respect, and that many would pick a close game, with some having the Ravens advance.

As the week has gone on, it seems like the narrative has really evolved.  The "Ravens are too much for the Bills" sentiment has snowballed - a combo of the Bills looking shaky against the Colts, and the Ravens looking good - even though their game was pretty close, as well.

I'm actually a-okay w/ this.  I did NOT like being such a consensus favorite against the Colts.  I guess a lot of fans prefer the underdog role, and the idea of being a surprise instead of a disappointment.  I legit feel like we're underdogs now - not the line, but going by many of the pundits I've seen.

13 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Weather.com right now has 70% chance of snow at kickoff with 15mph winds and gusts up to 30mph 

Really not looking good for us. I pray we have 3 RB’s active and ready to roll in case we need a plan B

I think what we will find will happen is that the weather will impact both teams the same. Both sides will be stacking the box, and trying to run and with some play action or short passing stuff. The team to hit on a few big plays will win. I still like our chances. 

10 minutes ago, Success said:

When we won the Colts game, I figured the Ravens would be given respect, and that many would pick a close game, with some having the Ravens advance.

As the week has gone on, it seems like the narrative has really evolved.  The "Ravens are too much for the Bills" sentiment has snowballed - a combo of the Bills looking shaky against the Colts, and the Ravens looking good - even though their game was pretty close, as well.

I'm actually a-okay w/ this.  I did NOT like being such a consensus favorite against the Colts.  I guess a lot of fans prefer the underdog role, and the idea of being a surprise instead of a disappointment.  I legit feel like we're underdogs now - not the line, but going by many of the pundits I've seen.

I’ll be the underdog every time. We seem to thrive on it. 

14 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that Buffalo comes out and completely shuts down the Ravens running game after hearing about it all week 

Nope.  The Ravens will get a few big runs for sure.  Our offense is better than theirs though.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Send that feeling my way....I'm scared to death.  The Ravens were the last team I wanted to play....before the Chiefs.

I agree. The ravens are very hungry after their early departure from the playoffs last year. Their strengths are our weaknesses. I really doubt we shut down their offense and vice versa. Allen has to win this in a shootout. Our defense won't win this game. Nervous about this game but hoping our dynamic QB and WR core can bring it home. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Send that feeling my way....I'm scared to death.  The Ravens were the last team I wanted to play....before the Chiefs.

The Ravens will attack Buffalo in the dead of night.  Jackson appearing and disappearing in and out of the blinding snow like some kind of mythical creature from our darkest nightmares.

Poyer and Hyde the last line of defense to stop them.

Is anyone scared yet...

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Figster said:

The Ravens will attack Buffalo in the dead of night.  Jackson appearing and disappearing in and out of the blinding snow like some kind of mythical creature from our darkest nightmares.

Poyer and Hyde the last line of defense to stop them.

Is anyone scared yet...

Spend some time with my ex wife. Nothing will scare you after that. 

• Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree. The ravens are very hungry after their early departure from the playoffs last year. Their strengths are our weaknesses. I really doubt we shut down their offense and vice versa. Allen has to win this in a shootout. Our defense won't win this game. Nervous about this game but hoping our dynamic QB and WR core can bring it home. 

So are the Bills. But yeah, they will get some yards on the ground. Going to be a tough game but hopefully Bills will put up enough points on offense and maybe the D can do just enough.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, bills6969 said:

I was hoping we’d avoid Baltimore.  They have been one of the hotter teams in the league as of late and seems like LJ8 is looking more like the player that won the MVP last year.  Really worried about our run defense.  We got gashed for some big runs by the Colts.  It must be better against Ravens or it will be bad news for us.

Gotta be the best to beat the best....

27 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Tennessee has a terrible defense and the Ravens scorched them for 20 pts last weekend, so...

Or how about that great 17 points performance against pats**** ? 
I know I’m in the minority here but I say the Bills win by double digits 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Jeff Lebowski said:

I don't post here much, but read the threads daily. But I can't stand the words scared and fear. Should we be concerned about the Ravens? Sure. But to say we're scared is chickensh*t. They're a good team that deserves respect,  not fear. Carry on...

We were on their 14 yard line when we lost the game last year.  there were tons of dropped passes that won’t likely happen this year.  we are far better this year. They are worse. They are good but the last five games were against creampuffs except the Titans.  

24 minutes ago, Process said:

The fear in this thread is out of control. 

Bills fans have to be the most pessimistic fans in the league. 14 win team with a top 3 QB and we are scared ****less to play a team that just put up 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. 

I can't take it anymore. See you all at game time. Get ready to SHOCK THE WORLD by beating a team we are 3 point favorites against. GO BILLS!!!

Well said.  

Im not guaranteeing a victory, but we have an elite level QB, good OL and five playmaking WR’s.  If our Defense steps up in any way, we should win this game.  

Of course, some people still need to make known they’re scared as to provide themselves a defense mechanism resulting from the past few decades of pain.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1