Jump to content

Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone that says they are afraid of the Ravens, or that they are praying for us to have a chance, is getting banned. I already confirmed with @Chandler#81   You are fans of an 13-3 football

Hey y'all,   Ravens fan checking in. I've spent every couple minutes I get between meetings catching up on this thread (while I was waiting for my account to be approved - thanks!) and I'm s

We need to be aggressive early and put the Ravens in a hole. I don't care if the Ravens are practically begging us to run the ball. Pass it anyways. Force Lamar Jackson to throw the ball playing catch

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

Never noticed them wearing the COVID face shields at practice before, is this new? 

 No. Not new from what I’ve seen.
 

They have been doing it all season. not 100% but frequently 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

 

why does it matter? lol 

 

the season is over. winning streaks and records don't matter in the playoffs. its win or go home. 

 

he wins games. end of discussion 

 

 

Jackson is 31-9 overall (30-7 regular season) as a starting QB in 2-1/2 seasons. No matter what his detractors say, that’s a pretty good start to a career. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete Prisco https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-nfl-picks-for-divisional-round-saints-sweep-bradys-bucs-bills-edge-ravens-in-thriller/

 

This will be a battle of two star quarterbacks, one who runs it as well as anybody ever has from the position in Lamar Jackson, and the other in Josh Allen, who has been outstanding throwing it this season. The Ravens will make no bones about what they want to do on offense, which is to pound it. They are averaging 262 rushing yards a game in their last six games. The Bills have improved against the run from earlier in the year, but this will be a big challenge. The strategy from coordinator Leslie Frazier will be something to watch in terms of trying to keep Jackson contained. The Ravens defense is back healthy now, which is why they impressed last week against the Titans. But this is a bigger challenge in facing Allen. This will be a close game, but in the end I think Allen will make the game-winning plays late to pull it out -- but it will be razor-thin close. 

Pick: Bills 27, Ravens 26

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Did we watch the same video? Maybe I missed it, but Cosell doesn’t even say that in there?
 

It was a 2 minute segment on Bills/Ravens. He spent the first 30 seconds talking about how these two teams played last year and Buffalo did a really good job, but they played out of their base defense (that was one of the only times we played extensively out of our base defense, we play Nickel a lot under McDermott), and this year they play in Nickel 90% of the time with Taron Johnson assuming LB responsibilities (and he says Johnson is VERY good at it). 

 

Then he says very briefly the Ravens added some counter-gap schemes along with the “Lamar Jackson factor.” He then says it’s all about stopping the run and how you try to stop it, and then goes into his 1 minute blurb on the Bills. 
 

He went on to say that as much as Josh likes to escape the pocket to make plays, he’s going to have to make plays from the pocket in this game to win. Basically insinuating Josh hasn’t been able to do that this year. 
 

Overall in that 2 minute clip, Cosell didn’t provide me anything of actual substances and he seems pretty ill informed. 

@Penfield45

 

I am still looking for some clarification as to why the Ravens are better and more dynamic running the ball this year? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

@Penfield45

 

I am still looking for some clarification as to why the Ravens are better and more dynamic running the ball this year? 


Clearly you haven’t watched the Lamar Jackson TD run from midfield enough.  
 

Perhaps 20 more replays on ESPN will be enough to convince you.  
 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Be that as it may, it’s the main reason for the narrative being built around the Ravens all week. 

This is simply another test for this Bill's team.  You gotta respect both LJ and the Raven's defense.

 

But the Bills will pass this next test.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

 

Stephan A is always wrong when he's interrupting the other guys at the table.  Always.  And he was interrupting a lot here. He said his peace and then wouldn't let Max say his without interrupting.  Great juju for the Bills.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Crow-Magnon said:

Jackson is 31-9 overall (30-7 regular season) as a starting QB in 2-1/2 seasons. No matter what his detractors say, that’s a pretty good start to a career. 

 

I think very highly of Lamar Jackson.  But W-L record is simply NOT a QB stat. 

 

The Ravens were a stable, well-coached team before they drafted him. 

They've had a top-3 defense since he arrived, top 10 for the last 5 years.

They've also had a 1000+ yard back last year and two backs contributing 1600 yds this year.  And as the Bills know, Greg Roman is a genius at designing an effective run game.

 

Again - in no way wanting to diss LJ as a player, or his contributions to the Poe-birds success.   But the W-L record goes way beyond his contributions.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We better get use to talking heads picking against us. 
Baltimore 

KC

Green Bay

Bucs

Saints

 

Most people will believe Josh Allen is the real deal. I don’t think they believe in our defense. 
Defense will come to play Saturday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

We better get use to talking heads picking against us. 
Baltimore 

KC

Green Bay

Bucs

Saints

 

Most people will believe Josh Allen is the real deal. I don’t think they believe in our defense. 
Defense will come to play Saturday. 

 

Buffalo -vs- Everybody , Baby

 

I got the hoodie

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather.com right now has 70% chance of snow at kickoff with 15mph winds and gusts up to 30mph 

 

Really not looking good for us. I pray we have 3 RB’s active and ready to roll in case we need a plan B

Edited by Penfield45
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

We better get use to talking heads picking against us. 
Baltimore 

KC

Green Bay

Bucs

Saints

 

Most people will believe Josh Allen is the real deal. I don’t think they believe in our defense. 
Defense will come to play Saturday. 

 

When we won the Colts game, I figured the Ravens would be given respect, and that many would pick a close game, with some having the Ravens advance.

 

As the week has gone on, it seems like the narrative has really evolved.  The "Ravens are too much for the Bills" sentiment has snowballed - a combo of the Bills looking shaky against the Colts, and the Ravens looking good - even though their game was pretty close, as well.

 

I'm actually a-okay w/ this.  I did NOT like being such a consensus favorite against the Colts.  I guess a lot of fans prefer the underdog role, and the idea of being a surprise instead of a disappointment.  I legit feel like we're underdogs now - not the line, but going by many of the pundits I've seen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Weather.com right now has 70% chance of snow at kickoff with 15mph winds and gusts up to 30mph 

 

Really not looking good for us. I pray we have 3 RB’s active and ready to roll in case we need a plan B


I think what we will find will happen is that the weather will impact both teams the same. Both sides will be stacking the box, and trying to run and with some play action or short passing stuff. The team to hit on a few big plays will win. I still like our chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Success said:

 

When we won the Colts game, I figured the Ravens would be given respect, and that many would pick a close game, with some having the Ravens advance.

 

As the week has gone on, it seems like the narrative has really evolved.  The "Ravens are too much for the Bills" sentiment has snowballed - a combo of the Bills looking shaky against the Colts, and the Ravens looking good - even though their game was pretty close, as well.

 

I'm actually a-okay w/ this.  I did NOT like being such a consensus favorite against the Colts.  I guess a lot of fans prefer the underdog role, and the idea of being a surprise instead of a disappointment.  I legit feel like we're underdogs now - not the line, but going by many of the pundits I've seen.

 

I’ll be the underdog every time. We seem to thrive on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...