Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

When Schopp watches a Nick Wright segment, does he feel jealousy?  Envy? The terrible sense that somebody took his schtick and is actually getting rich off it?

It's still the Draft. 

Schopp coveted Lamar Jackson at Louisville, and obviously did not believe in Allen because of the limited production at Wyoming. 

So 3 years later, it's Lamar with an MVP and a guy who has 81.8% winning percentage, and Allen has one elite year. 

And you're going to get the same narrative from Schopp. He liked Jackson more from the start. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 hour ago, billsrul120 said:

Ravens 2019 rushing ypg: 206.0

Ravens 2020 rushing ypg: 191.9

Ravens 2019 passing ypg: 201.6

Ravens 2020 passing ypg: 171.2

They are not more dynamic than last year at all. 

Not saying it’s gonna easy cause it’s not... but didn’t buffalo have  a tougher schedule too? 

Buffalo is gonna be ready!!!!

I still don’t believe the story He’s “never played football in snow” 

Saturday

A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night

A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

12 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Lamar is a good QB, but in the end, he isn't 2x the QB as any other top flight QB. 

118.5 combined yards per game, 11 total TDs.

288.9 combined yards per game, 43 total TDs

250.4 combined yards per game, 33 total TDs

So 2019 he was an elite QB in terms of production, and 2020 he's a solidly good QB in terms of production. But yards are yards and he's not heads and shoulders above Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Herbert or any other high upside thrower. 

yea this doesn't get talked about nearly enough.  Allen produced 1100 more total yards this year than LJ and had 13 more total TDs  Guess people are bored of good passing and find the running entertaining.  LJ is electric running but Allen's production this year is every bit as good if not better than LJ's last year. Man does that MVP moniker get a lot of traffic tho. 

13 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

I would expect all of them to play. Marcus has been on the injury what seems to be the entire back half of the season. But it doesn't sound like anything major.

You nailed it on the depth though. Not much. Luckily Jimmy Smith is still solid, but then it falls to Averett - who I honestly think has played well during this winning streak - and Tramon Williams.

Let's just hope Marcus plays!

No NOBODY here  is hoping that Marcus plays 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

yea this doesn't get talked about nearly enough.  Allen produced 1100 more total yards this year than LJ and had 13 more total TDs  Guess people are bored of good passing and find the running entertaining.  LJ is electric running but Allen's production this year is every bit as good if not better than LJ's last year. Man does that MVP moniker get a lot of traffic tho. 

It's why Mahomes and Rodgers are the gold standard right now (and Brady had a massive year too). 

Mahomes, another year with 5,000+ yards of production, 40 total TDs, 309 ypg passing. 

Rodgers had 51 combined TDs this year, 5 interceptions. FIVE.

So Lamar is one of several high end QBs in this league, and is among the best when passing is combined with the running, but other than rushing yards, he's not doing things or hitting milestones that have never been achieved. 

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It's why Mahomes and Rodgers are the gold standard right now (and Brady had a massive year too). 

Mahomes, another year with 5,000+ yards of production, 40 total TDs, 309 ypg passing. 

Rodgers had 51 combined TDs this year, 5 interceptions. FIVE.

So Lamar is one of several high end QBs in this league, and is among the best when passing is combined with the running, but other than rushing yards, he's not doing things or hitting milestones that have never been achieved. 

Not only that but he appears to be pretty bad at passing judging by ypg. There is no way hes some amazing passer and they are like no no lets have him run. Its objectively less valuable to run the ball.  His total yards in his MVP season were less than just Allen's passing yards this year and Allen ran for 400+ on top of his passing.

We have an NFL competitive advantage in Josh. The wind removes our advantage. To me, wind is the most important defense. 

Wind >10 mph bills loss. 
Wind <10 mph bills win. 

We don’t want to openly admit it, but our boy blue is a competitive advantage. Our windy weather is NOT!!    

Edited by Since1981
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

We have an NFL competitive advantage in Josh. The wind removes our advantage. To me, wind is the most important defense. 

Wind >10 mph bills loss. 
Wind <10 mph bills win. 

We don’t want to openly admit it, but our boy blue is a competitive advantage. Our windy weather is NOT!! 

Jeezus cryst

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I still don’t believe the story He’s “never played football in snow” 

Saturday

A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night

A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

You think he forgot? Like that time they said he he met with the bills at the combine And then later he said he never met with them? 

• Like (+1) 2

You knuckleheads wringing your hands over the weather crack me up.  It is what it is.  The Bills are going to win this game and I don't think it's going to be all that stressful in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

No NOBODY here  is hoping that Marcus plays 

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't think Marcus Peters is good.  It might be the back but I think it's more he's in the wrong system.  His skill set is not meant for man to man.  He's a risk taking somewhat cerebral veteran with diminished skills.  I think the Bills will go after him a lot. 

He reminds me of Josh Norman when he was with Washington.  I think Peters will be abused.  And after he will claim his back was bothering him.  I hope he plays.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

You knuckleheads wringing your hands over the weather crack me up.  It is what it is.  The Bills are going to win this game and I don't think it's going to be all that stressful in the 4th quarter.

I would be totally down with "not that stressful in the 4th quarter"

@YoloinOhio when do we learn about Practice Squad call-ups?

7 minutes ago, eball said:

You knuckleheads wringing your hands over the weather crack me up.  It is what it is.  The Bills are going to win this game and I don't think it's going to be all that stressful in the 4th quarter.

I can’t take another game like last week.  My heart....she won’t be able to take it!

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm not worrying about the weather at all.  

Rocket arms don’t have trouble with wind. 

Lobbing passes will.