Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

We have an NFL competitive advantage in Josh. The wind removes our advantage. To me, wind is the most important defense. 

Wind >10 mph bills loss. 
Wind <10 mph bills win. 

We don’t want to openly admit it, but our boy blue is a competitive advantage. Our windy weather is NOT!! 

Josh Allen deciding whether or not to defer:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 6

37 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

We have an NFL competitive advantage in Josh. The wind removes our advantage. To me, wind is the most important defense. 

Wind >10 mph bills loss. 
Wind <10 mph bills win. 

We don’t want to openly admit it, but our boy blue is a competitive advantage. Our windy weather is NOT!! 

I might be worried in greater than 20 mph winds, but winds in the teens are absolutely fine to throw in... especially for Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes types. 

43 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Wind >10 mph bills loss. 
Wind <10 mph bills win. 

A calm day in Laramie is 15 mph

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It's why Mahomes and Rodgers are the gold standard right now (and Brady had a massive year too). 

Mahomes, another year with 5,000+ yards of production, 40 total TDs, 309 ypg passing. 

Rodgers had 51 combined TDs this year, 5 interceptions. FIVE.

So Lamar is one of several high end QBs in this league, and is among the best when passing is combined with the running, but other than rushing yards, he's not doing things or hitting milestones that have never been achieved. 

Lamar is the best running back in the NFL.  He can also throw the ball around some.  

Edited by FLFan
Spelling

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The Patriots way of defending Diggs seems like an odd choice given how Diggs destroyed them.

Yea, they are not stopping the Bills offense. He does have some good points on attacking the Bills defense. The Colts had a good game plan that almost worked. Run the ball, control the clock. I see the Ravens trying that same approach. I remember the game against them last year. They were pretty good at mixing up runs inside and outside. A lot of misdirection. I expect a tough game. I'd love to see the Bills jump out to an early lead, though.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't understand why Simms keeps saying the Ravens are "the hottest team in football" after just one game against the Titans where they only scored 20 points...

The Texans and Packers put up 38 and 40 points respectively on the Titans the previous 2 weeks....

No one was calling the Ravens the hottest team the previous week.

It's strange that this narrative popped up after that so-so Titans game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Yea, they are not stopping the Bills offense. He does have some good points on attacking the Bills defense. The Colts had a good game plan that almost worked. Run the ball, control the clock. I see the Ravens trying that same approach. I remember the game against them last year. They were pretty good at mixing up runs inside and outside. A lot of misdirection. I expect a tough game. I'd love to see the Bills jump out to an early lead, though.

I'm not sure on that it felt like the Colts got their running game going on the outside not up the gut.

Edited by Warcodered

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't understand why Simms keeps saying the Ravens are "the hottest team in football" after just one game against the Titans where they only scored 20 points...

The Texans and Packers put up 38 and 40 points respectively on the Titans the previous 2 weeks....

Agreed. 

I could ALMOST see the "hottest team in football" sentiment since they've won six in a row.

Only problem with that? The Bills have won SEVEN in a row.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Wind >10 mph bills loss. 
Wind <10 mph bills win. 

LOL  10 mph is Windy?  The average breeze ion WNY is 8mph 9 months out of the year.   10-15  mph is no factor 

Believe 20 mph is where ball flight of a spiral might vary.  And the wind always swirls in the bowl.  

33 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Who have the Ravens played that is anywhere near the level of talent at the QB position like Josh Allen?

This isn't the 2019 Josh Allen vs Baltimore version folks.

I’d say Mahomes but obviously it didn’t workout well for the ravens, 

And I think it will be the same outcome against Josh Allen 

Go Bills  !!!!

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Agreed. 

I could ALMOST see the "hottest team in football" sentiment since they've won six in a row.

Only problem with that? The Bills have won SEVEN in a row.

Disregarding the Packers and Chiefs too, I guess, because they cooled off during the bye.......

The Titans had the 24th ranked scoring defense this year, averaging 27 points against and 32 over the last 3 games. The Ravens offense underperformed. 

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

why does it matter? lol 

the season is over. winning streaks and records don't matter in the playoffs. its win or go home. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Lamar is a good QB, but in the end, he isn't 2x the QB as any other top flight QB. 

118.5 combined yards per game, 11 total TDs.

288.9 combined yards per game, 43 total TDs

250.4 combined yards per game, 33 total TDs

So 2019 he was an elite QB in terms of production, and 2020 he's a solidly good QB in terms of production. But yards are yards and he's not heads and shoulders above Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Herbert or any other high upside thrower. 

he wins games. end of discussion 

20 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

why does it matter? lol 

the season is over. winning streaks and records don't matter in the playoffs. its win or go home. 

The season is in fact not over. The Bills are playing the Ravens on Saturday at 8:15 P.M. ET on NBC.

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It’s because LJ finally got the playoff monkey off his back and their defense completely stopped the second most potent offense (in terms of yards) in the league.