Zack Moss- injury updates- McDermott confirms Out

NewEra

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I assume if you did that, you would be sitting Taiwan Jones, but he is a pretty big contributor on special teams last I checked.  Not sure what other roster spot could sacrifice the depth.

Murphy!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I assume if you did that, you would be sitting Taiwan Jones, but he is a pretty big contributor on special teams last I checked.  Not sure what other roster spot could sacrifice the depth.

I hear you, BB-ATL, but that's not what I mean.  I said non-special teamer.  Go one extra man at RB.  I am saying lose someone somewhere else on the roster.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

31 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Williams will be an upgrade over Moss. 

Let's not get carried away.  Moss was very effective at eating up the clock on extended drives a few times this year.  Williams is still unproven.  Success in a game after the opponents heart was already ripped out doesn't count.

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I hear you, BB-ATL< but that's not what I mean.  I said non-special teamer.  go one extra man at RB.  I am saying somewhere else on the roster.  

Understood. Time to review the past few active rosters and see where that luxury guy might be...

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Let's not get carried away.  Moss was very effective at eating up the clock on extended drives a few times this year.  Williams is still unproven.  Success in a game after the opponents heart was already ripped out doesn't count.

Agreed with this, too. 

However, and I am not trying to make a direct comparison as that would be crazy, but just making a point...The Chargers WANTED to start Taylor over Herbert.

...there's experience, yes, but sometimes in sports you just go with the hot hand.

Hopefully, they'll use both.

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Eh, i wasn't too impressed with kickoff coverage vs. Indy.  They couldn't bottle that guy up when he returned it.

Many have said this, but biggest priority is pass protection and Yeldon brings that plus a bit more in the pass.game than Moss did (likely more than Williams too).

We lose a bruiser type runner, might hurt us at the goalline but think we just use Josh.

Otherwise Williams is a big wildcard in pass pro.  Only the coaches know how he's acclimated to this in practice, but is often a difficult trait/skill for rookies to grasp

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Zack Moss- injury updates- McDermott confirms Out
26 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

He, all be it a small sample size, was light years better than either starting back. Hit the holes clean and broke tackles. I would love for him to start

Don’t care if it is small I’d rather try something new and if it doesn’t work out then you know you can move on. I’d prefer not to try something new in the playoffs but I know Motor isn’t bringing what we need and I don’t think Yeldon will either. 

34 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

He, all be it a small sample size, was light years better than either starting back. Hit the holes clean and broke tackles. I would love for him to start

Problem as I see it is that it was against a dejected Fish D who basically threw in the towel against our scrubs. Not sure Williams would be effective or as effective against a Ravens D in a playoff.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad it wasn’t a serious injury that would affect him next season, but it stinks for him that he can’t contribute further in the playoff run.

It has to be mentally crushing for any athlete to miss playoff games.

Get better soon, we will see you back out on the field next season!!

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t really agree with this. He was the best option for short yardage pickup outside of Allen and very good blocker in passing game and blitz pickup 

Agreed.  And although he got hit and stuffed behind the line on a couple 3rd downs, he did convert on at least 1 RAC and 1 Run bouncing off tackles for 1st down against the Colts.

He has also done a good job of picking up first downs 4th QTRs to help close-out games when the opponent knew Bills were trying to run of the clock, Steelers and 49ers games come to mind.    I don't understand why fans think it's so easy to replace quality players

2 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Agreed.  And although he got hit and stuffed behind the line on a couple 3rd downs, he did convert on at least 1 RAC and 1 Run bouncing off tackles for 1st down against the Colts.

He has also done a good job of picking up first downs 4th QTRs to help close-out games when the opponent knew Bills were trying to run of the clock, Steelers and 49ers games come to mind.    I don't understand why fans think it's so easy to replace quality players

It is not. Moss was an integral part of this team and he will be missed.  He and Singletary have done things well but silently...

• Like (+1) 1

I hate to see a players season end due to injury but i never liked the pick and to this point i don't see that he is better than Singletary and i actually think he takes carries away from him that would allow Singletary to get groove on .

Last week when they started the Motor after Moss got hurt i thought the run game was moving the ball much better . 

In todays run game they say you need the RB's to compliment each other or have that "Change of pace " back i wanted them to draft the guy Green Bay took dude is like 6' 1" 240 lbs just what the Bills need this time of yr and especially when your in the red zone .