Zack Moss- injury updates- McDermott confirms Out

NewEra

1. Bad break for Moss, but we don't really lose much other than depth.

2. Despite what others say about Yeldon, every time they have given him a chance to dress and play, he has delivered. I have no problem with dressing him at all.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Singletary and Moss look like #2 guys. 

They are #2 guys.  Similar to Damian Williams last year.  Sony Michel/James White the year before.  Lagarette Blount the year before.  

Are you suggesting that we upgrade?  If so, with which resource?  1st or 2nd rd pick?  Or a 8+ mill dollar salary? 

Edited by NewEra
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They are #2 guys.  Similar to Damian Williams last year.  Sony Michel/James White the year before.  Jordan Howard the year before.  

Are you suggesting that we upgrade?  If so, with which resource?  1st or 2nd rd pick?  Or a 8+ mill dollar salary? 

I’m suggesting that we shouldn’t be content with Singletary or Moss as lead backs because they don’t look like one.

I wouldn’t want to pay a RB or draft one high. If there is one BB and McD like in the middle rounds then go for it. We could use some speed there. 

I wouldn’t hate to see competition for the starting spot at training camp next year.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

I’m suggesting that we shouldn’t be content with Singletary or Moss as lead backs because they don’t look like one.

I wouldn’t want to pay a RB or draft one high. If there is one BB and McD like in the middle rounds then go for it. We could use some speed there. 

Are you saying we have a need, a need for speed?

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t hate to see competition for the starting spot at training camp next year.

Agreed.  Get rid of Yeldon and replace him with some speed.  4th rd or lower or a speedy vet at 1-3 mill a year

Edited by NewEra

5 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

We need a back this off-season.  We don’t have a guy who is going to break a 50 yard run.  Moss is decent as a short yardage/time eating kind of back.  Singletary is a replacement level guy.  I hate spending a first rounder on a back - so maybe we need to look in round 2/3 again.  But we need someone with speed to break a few of these runs and ourrun a defense once in a while. 

Does everyone always forget about Christian Wade? I mean, yeah... nobody other than the Bills know how ready he is (or will be, by next year), but the one thing he does possess that the rest of our stable of RBs don't is electric, breakaway speed. I'm not saying he's the answer, but using 2/3 round pick on an RB for a third year in a row is just not really the best use of your draft capital (IMHO). 

3 hours ago, motorj said:

Bills have been scoring 30-50 points regularly this season , I think upgrading rb's is the least of their worries

Dumb thought an effective running game would improve an already potent passing attack. Would also keep Allen protected better if they respected the run ...

5 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

We need a back this off-season.  We don’t have a guy who is going to break a 50 yard run.  Moss is decent as a short yardage/time eating kind of back.  Singletary is a replacement level guy.  I hate spending a first rounder on a back - so maybe we need to look in round 2/3 again.  But we need someone with speed to break a few of these runs and ourrun a defense once in a while. 

If Travis Etienne didn’t look like he was on the doughnut diet in the Sugar Bowl I’d say maybe he was an option.

But I completely agree, a dynamic back is needed in this offense. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I wanted Dobbins.  They could have drafted him in the second and still landed an edge rusher in the third round.  

Dobbins on this offense ... man

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It looked pretty bad, I am not expecting him back for the rest of the year. His pass pro will be missed more than his running IMHO...he was outstanding as a blocker.

Singletary has been too but Moss is a stonewaller versus Singletary more of a "good enough" blocker.

Singletary made a key block on the Diggs TD throw to allow Allen to stay in the pocket,  Outstanding block

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I wonder what kind of salary fournette is going to command.  I dunno if he’s a process guy, but he’d be a major upgrade 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Just to get to the hole before it closes would be nice. But that being said, our run blocking sucks... 

The problem some (most?) of the time is that they are running from a standing start in shotgun formation.  Sure Thurman did it well but he’s a HOF.  IT’s easier to hit the hole if a RB is already moving forward when he gets the handoff.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1