Zack Moss- injury updates- McDermott confirms Out

NewEra

4 minutes ago, ColeB said:

The problem some (most?) of the time is that they are running from a standing start in shotgun formation.  Sure Thurman did it well but he’s a HOF.  IT’s easier to hit the hole if a RB is already moving forward when he gets the handoff.  

Certainly some truth in this observation. To me, it’s a fallout from the advent of the RPO letting the QB decide AFTER the snap what play will be run. When no one knows, no one is ready. 

14 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I actually think Singletary is more Dynamic than Moss was surprised he got so many touches

McD seemed to lose a little confidence in Singletary when he fumbled several games ago.  He pretty much admitted it.  Moss was getting more carries after that game.

I like Singletary and he will most likely carried the load fir the rest of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

"Next man up" is all about trust. Who does the staff trust enough to give the rock and to give the responsibility of picking up the blitz & protecting our MVP?

My guess is Singletary gets a lot more playing time, and I would guess Yeldon just because of his experience.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

It will be Yeldon because of his pass catching ability.  Just hope to God he doesn't fumble. 

We don't need another pass catcher. We need a back that can hit the hole and get 3-5 yards consistently. Another example of why Josh should be MVP. He has no running game to take pressure off a pass rush whatsoever and still puts up big numbers as he carries this team. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Perhaps Moss getting hurt finally activates Yeldon. 

My comment was in regards to someone saying that we should activate Yeldon because he’s the best pass catcher.

we don’t need pass catchers. 

I agree that Yeldon will be activated. I’m just not sure he’s the best man for the job.  I’d activate Williams as well

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My comment was in regards to someone saying that we should activate Yeldon because he’s the best pass catcher.

I agree that Yeldon will be activated. I’m just not sure he’s the best man for the job.  I’d activate Williams as well

Yeldon runs well too.  Very patient.    Think he's a little underrated.  

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

They are #2 guys.  Similar to Damian Williams last year.  Sony Michel/James White the year before.  Lagarette Blount the year before.  

Are you suggesting that we upgrade?  If so, with which resource?  1st or 2nd rd pick?  Or a 8+ mill dollar salary? 

The reason we have them and won't upgrade is that they are both capable of being 3 down backs.  They both have great hands and pick up the blitz well.   That's what this team needs. 

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not just pass catching Yeldon can pick up blitz. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ganesh said:

Singletary made a key block on the Diggs TD throw to allow Allen to stay in the pocket,  Outstanding block

Just said this.  This offense needs what they both bring.  Hands and blitz pickup.  They both run decently but we need all around backs in this O.   Moss looks like a WR when he is targeted on certain routes

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Yeldon runs well too.  Very patient.    Think he's a little underrated.  

The reason we have them and won't upgrade is that they are both capable of being 3 down backs.  They both have great hands and pick up the blitz well.   That's what this team needs. 

I like both of our RBs. They’re both good enough to get it done.  Adding a speed element to the backfield would give our O another dimension.  We currently use Mckenzie as that speed element.  He might not be back next season. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I like both of our RBs. They’re both good enough to get it done.  Adding a speed element to the backfield would give our O another dimension.  We currently use Mckenzie as that speed element.  He might not be back next season. 

Is McKenzie a FA? If so I could see him ending up wherever Daboll goes 

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Allen ran way too much (and I actually like this ability from him)

We have GOT to get some production from our running game we cannot have Josh running that much again....if he goes down we are sunk

There's a lot wrong with this post.  I know a lot of people here would agree with you though.

Josh running is one of the most lethal things we do on offense.  He should be incorporated much more into the offense as a runner than he is.

Secondly, lots of fans like to equate running with being injured, despite there not really being data to support that.

How about Russell Wilson?  Does he like to run?  How injured has he been through his career?

How about QBs (like Goff right now) get injured standing in the pocket?  

What data do you have to support injury rates on run plays relative to pocket plays?  

It's all just nonsense.

Let him run!  If he does get injured, yes, we are DONE!   

We can agree on that.

Don't equate that with running however.

I expect to see Taiwan out there at RB too.

It's easy to disparage him after he dropped that TD catch. But remember who caught the long TD pass in the playoffs against us last year. He's fast and he's a threat out of the backfield.

As for Yeldon, he's still a perfectly fine RB without a whole lot of mileage on him. The whole history of fumbling thing is way overblown. He's fumbled 7 times in almost 700 touches in his NFL career, about 1 in 100. Singletary has fumbled 5 times in 374 touches in his career ...

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

We don't need another pass catcher. We need a back that can hit the hole and get 3-5 yards consistently. Another example of why Josh should be MVP. He has no running game to take pressure off a pass rush whatsoever and still puts up big numbers as he carries this team. 

Not true.  Indy dropped a bunch of guys in coverage and the check down to the RB's kept the chains moving.  Singletary and MOss did great job in pass protection as well.  

I wouldn't trust a PS player at this time of year.  It should be Yeldon.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I expect to see Taiwan out there at RB too.

It's easy to disparage him after he dropped that TD catch. But remember who caught the long TD pass in the playoffs against us last year. He's fast and he's a threat out of the backfield.

As for Yeldon, he's still a perfectly fine RB without a whole lot of mileage on him. The whole history of fumbling thing is way overblown. He's fumbled 7 times in almost 700 touches in his NFL career, about 1 in 100. Singletary has fumbled 5 times in 374 touches in his career ...

Clever use of facts on this board that don't fit the narrative. I see what you did there.  Well played!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

While your premise is fine how do you know Williams is the answer?  Too small a dataset to say yes.  In the playoffs do you go with the vet or the PS player.  The low risk option is Yeldon. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

There's a lot wrong with this post.  I know a lot of people here would agree with you though.

Josh running is one of the most lethal things we do on offense.  He should be incorporated much more into the offense as a runner than he is.

Secondly, lots of fans like to equate running with being injured, despite there not really being data to support that.

How about Russell Wilson?  Does he like to run?  How injured has he been through his career?

How about QBs (like Goff right now) get injured standing in the pocket?  

What data do you have to support injury rates on run plays relative to pocket plays?  

It's all just nonsense.

Let him run!  If he does get injured, yes, we are DONE!   

We can agree on that.

Don't equate that with running however.

Let me ask you this whenever you see Josh Allen run do you expect him to slide or do you expect him to square up and run into a defender it’s not the run it’s the way Josh finishes the runs which in itself makes the fans love him but also open them up to injury his offense of line is protected him well old year the pocket is the safest place for him if he goes down or season is over would you agree?