Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would pick up the 5th year option and franchise him after that. If his numbers are still the same then you make the big investment. As much as I trust in Josh I would feel hesitant about that big of a investment after one year. 

No.  You would risk alienating him.  At best you pickup his 5th year option and then approach him after his 4th season with a huge extension.  But there's no concern with Josh being a flash-in-the-pan.  The kid has it all and wants to keep getting better.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

You know what’s not common cents?  Canadian beaver nickels!  Those things are pesky and disrupt the natural order of change!

Fine...  Lifetime supply of Genny Cream Ale it is!  Done.

did you know that through the first two decades of the 20th century, 5-cent pieces in Canada were actually made out of silver? 

They should pay Josh with those

22 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Why does it matter if this information is released today? Josh and his reps will already know this information, it’s not new to 

I suppose I'm just surprised that it doesn't all wait til the summer. Anything released today is clearly intentionally released today. I'm trying to understand the motivation for that. If theyknow then they know, no need to make anything public the day of a big playoff game. 

Edited by london_bills

Just now, RiotAct said:

did you know that through the first two decades of the 20th century, 5-cent pieces in Canada were actually made out of silver? 

They should pay Josh with those

Mind =  Blown!!!   If I knew I’d start the day with a new wrinkle in my brain, I would’ve set my alarm for 9:30am and not 10!!!!  

Just now, Frat-Train said:

Mind =  Blown!!!   If I knew I’d start the day with a new wrinkle in my brain, I would’ve set my alarm for 9:30am and not 10!!!!  

they’re also tiny as all get out, I can just see some Edwardian-era Canadian lady fishing for one in her change purse to pay for a hot dog and not being able to find it.

Just now, RiotAct said:

they’re also tiny as all get out, I can just see some Edwardian-era Canadian lady fishing for one in her change purse to pay for a hot dog and not being able to find it.

You can’t see it because I’m at my reaction limit for the day as a rookie, but you’ve made my inner child grin very much!!!

Cheers!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I suppose I'm just surprised that it doesn't all wait til the summer. Anything released today is clearly intentionally released today. I'm trying to understand the motivation for that. If theyknow then they know, no need to make anything public the day of a big playoff game. 

But it’s not like the team released this information today, the media did

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

No.  You would risk alienating him.  At best you pickup his 5th year option and then approach him after his 4th season with a huge extension.  But there's no concern with Josh being a flash-in-the-pan.  The kid has it all and wants to keep getting better.

I agree, but I’m scared.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

But it’s not like the team released this information today, the media did

Yes I suppose so but then some kind of leak must of happened somewhere. Everyone knows they will sign him without saying it. I was trying to work out whether Beane would be involved in the release of the information that they were going to sign him today for some reason. Like theyve offered him a lucrative deal already no matter what he does in the playoffs, the deal can't go up or down. Maybe it's just a reveal by rappoport on the big day. It just could be talked about of allen plays poorly, I don't expect that but he has had off days in the past. 

Edited by london_bills

If they do it now,  whole lotta good players gonna get cut on Mar 1 .  Say goodbye to Milano, Roberts, Mata, etc etc. ..gotta believe this goes down after next year so they get at least one more year with the key parts of the roster... salary cap will be low next year

Edited by ProcessTruster

We want a Mahomes type contract.  “What, are you kidding”

No, I’m not.  I’ve listened to the MTC guys and Kirwan made some great points.  He basically said, if you know he is a generational player which is a big step, then KC got a steal.  His point was he would’ve never or agents done a deal for 10 years as historically the times happening has not been good.  Also, he mentioned, after several years, players will exceed his contract.  He referenced Mahomes won’t beat cap to cash for almost 7 years over Russel Wilson.  I guess the contract was structured so Mahomes made it so cap friendly to the Chiefs, they could keep, extend a bunch, most noticeably Kelce.

Mahomes received what he wanted, and he helped his team to be successful for a very long time.  When QB’s do a 4 yr. deal, they want more. $.  Mahomes contract sill be 14th speculated by the cap guys in 5-6 years.  The only real serious risk from the guaranteed standpoint is a catastrophic injury from Josh.

For example again, in the Watson deal, it was $160 mil., but he can ask for a ton more in 4 years.  I’m almost thinking an Allen guy might consider the 10 year deal, getting multi generational $, but helps the team.  I’m good with $400 mil. for a decade as we would win in the backend of this deal, and on the front end, as Mahomes created space for the next four years to retain Diggs type talent.

• Like (+1) 1