Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

Just now, Process said:

Did you watch the video? Ian is saying he is going to be one of the highest, if not the highest, paid QB in the NFL...

The contract numbers can shake out in many different ways though.  Even if he's the highest paid QB in the NFL it doesn't mean the next two years are going to break the bank.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I was actually just going to ask who will be the first to tell us it is premature because he hasn't won a playoff game. 

Congratulations!!!

If we lost today and then signed josh to $40M+ pee year contract, you'd be happy?

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't love the timing of this... I would think and hope they would want to see what he does in the playoffs before signing him to a huge deal.

I would not be too thrilled if we lose today and then give him a boat load of money, when he still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

I'm not sure I believe Ian on this one 

Why add the pressure of needing a win to get paid.  Allen is who he is.  Buffalo wins easily if Allen plays well.  If Allen has a few turnovers its a closer game.  Allen is the only qb i remember playing Qb here who can overcome a turnover deficiet.  They havent seen his arm before.  I think this game resembles that of the 49ers game.  Minus the moss fumble.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

If we lost today and then signed josh to $40M+ pee year contract, you'd be happy?

It won’t matter to the Bills or his agent whether the Bills win today as to how much gets or when. It’s his 2nd playoff game and he’s 24. He’s only getting better. This will be a team win or team loss.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Process said:

Josh Allen is an incredible talent and will be an elite QB in the NFL for years to come.

The answer to your question is "Yes."

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't love the timing of this... I would think and hope they would want to see what he does in the playoffs before planning on signing him to a huge deal.

I would not be too thrilled if we lose today and then give him a boat load of money, when he still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

The extension wouldn't kick in until after his current contract ends...kinda like Wentz's deal...he hasn't even started on the extension yet since it doesn't kick in until next year and he already has gotten benched and became a shell of the player he once was.

Edited by Big Turk

No matter the outcome today they will extend his contract over the summer. While they don't have to, the model in the NFL is to extend after year 3 if they are a proven talent. Wilson, Mahomes, Goff, and Wentz were all extended after their third year. Only in Wilson's case did the team not have the fifth year option to consider. They all chose to lock up their QB early. Its an extension not a new deal. When Mahommes signed his extension there was virtually no impact to the salary cap in the first year. Actual cash spent went up but that is meaningless to the cap. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only way the Bills lose this game is if they shoot themselves in the foot.

I don't Billieve that will happen....they are too well coached and prepared.

I think their may be another gear judging by the way they dismantled the Fins in just one quarter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The only way the Bills lose this game is if they shoot themselves in the foot.

I don't Billieve that will happen....they are too well coached and prepared.

I think their may be another gear judging by the way they dismantled the Fins in just one quarter.

wrong thread?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Did you watch the video? Ian is saying he is going to be one of the highest, if not the highest, paid QB in the NFL...

Now that is pure speculation.

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Depends on the reason the Bills lose the game.  If the defense lets-up TDs every drive...

Don't love the timing of this... I would think and hope they would want to see what he does in the playoffs before planning on signing him to a huge deal.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm?  Or just another bad hot take?  You do know spring / summer is *after* the playoffs, right?  Also, have you been watching this season??

Please, lock Josh up forever, it only took 30 years to get him... :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

Ian Rapoport on NFL Network just reported the Bills are going to reach out to Allens agent about a Huge contract extension...

I love it get the deal done.  Allen is the franchise quarterback we have all been waiting for! Go Bills 

Sign & Trade. Get max value. That's Beane for you. Always thinking ahead.

Yes. Ecstatic.

• Haha (+1) 1