Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

On 1/9/2021 at 11:19 PM, BuffaloBill said:

In other breaking news, sometimes it snows in Buffalo. 

What do people think, that they will let him walk?

He will be under contract for two more years. It wouldn't have to be done this offseason. 

This is news, not unexpected news, but it's news.

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Ok but what exactly did he do against Baltimore or KC? 

What would those stats look like if you take away the Colts game though? 

Dude, just shush and move away.

This whole take would not look smart on Thomas Edison or Einstein, much less an ordinary human.

5 hours ago, TheProcess said:

1xiuqk.gif

Went and watched the Youtube clip. Brilliant.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I think Skip Bayless said it best.  He's a good athlete with a big arm but he doesn't seem to have a good feel for playing QB and there's still concerns with his accuracy. 

He had 2 bad games in the playoffs alone.

He didn’t . Straight up played better than Lamar in the Baltimore game. Then, played a heck of a game in KC but had a coach, running back, and defense all let him down. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think there’s an argument that you’re only as good as you’re last game, whether that’s fair or not. If you look at the Bucs forum they’re no doubt grateful for what Brady has done for them this year but worried by the fact he threw three picks in the NFCCG which could have easily cost them.

The gap between Mahomes and Josh in the AFCCG was a chasm and probably not even predicted by those who have doubts about the latter. Yes, the rest of the team played their part in creating the gap but Josh didn’t help himself.

I freely admit I’m a glass half empty kind of guy - I love having Josh as our Quarterback and if you cut him he’d bleed Buffalo. But I am concerned that he could turn into a Wentz or a Goff based on how he can freeze under pressure, or this season was an outlier and he will regress rather than progress. Should we hold off on a deal for another year and, if he repeats the success, we know we have the real deal on our hands?

On the flip side, if he develops in the same way as he did between years one and two, and two and three, then we’ll have a cap nightmare on our hands. He has more than earned a new contract with his development but I can appreciate why some may have doubts - some with far more credit in the bank than the likes of Skip Bayless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

You think Allen played good in KC? Did you watch the game? 

Sure did. Do you think his OC and  HC coached like they had most of the year? Do you think his receivers, o line, running backs played good? Do you think the defense played good? Did you watch the game? 

• Like (+1) 2

I actually think Josh and the passing game masked a lot of deficiencies in our offense for the whole season and it caught up to us against Kc. When they took that away with their physical play we couldn’t rely on a running game. There is some good insight from the all 22 of our piss poor line play and Knox.

At this point Josh isn’t going anywhere  for a long time.

But I would suggest Stop watching Skip Bayless. There is a lot better insight out there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I think Skip Bayless said it best.  He's a good athlete with a big arm but he doesn't seem to have a good feel for playing QB and there's still concerns with his accuracy. 

T-o-l much, asking for a friend...

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Sure did. Do you think his OC and  HC coached like they had most of the year? Do you think his receivers, o line, running backs played good? Do you think the defense played good? Did you watch the game? 

It's clear this troll doesn't watch any of the games. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Bless your heart. Hope you get lots of the attention you seek.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493byvbi9hxxsu2ri4ukmj

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

2?  

you keep referring to 2 bad games. 

the Bills played 3 games and won 2. 

mostly because of Josh. 

"I think we can make something fit," Beane said in an appearance on WGR Sportsradio 550 Thursday. "Without getting into how we would do it, we could make it fit. There are ways that we can do it. We'll have to be creative with it for sure based on our current cap situation, but I definitely think it could be done."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-extension-for-josh-allen-possible-despite-restrictive-salary-cap

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/28/2021 at 9:38 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If I am josh, I just wait. This is the worst year to sign a big deal. I know teams can get creative with how they structure, but it still probably will be less than what he gets after next offseason. 

the only reason he does it now is worry about a catastrophic injury or worry about a steep decline in his play; don’t think the first is too Worrisome and no chance josh is worried about the second— he is going to bet on himself. 

That's a good point, he might wait until next year, where the cap is more clear. But at the same time he has alot going for him this year to demand a massive contract. Josh knows every game and every practice you can have a teddy Bridgewater or Alex Smith injury, id imagine he would like to lock up a deal as soon as possible.

• Like (+1) 1