Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

19 minutes ago, Process said:

If we lost today and then signed josh to $40M+ pee year contract, you'd be happy?

LOCK HIM UP!  LOCK HIM UP!  LOCK HIM UP!  

Where's the GoFundMe?  I'll throw in my $17!!

🤣  :beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

Ian Rapoport on NFL Network just reported the Bills are going to reach out to Allens agent about a Huge contract extension...

I love it get the deal done.  Allen is the franchise quarterback we have all been waiting for! Go Bills 

Duh - way to go out on a limb here Ian.

This was about the most obvious statement there is.

41 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

Ian Rapoport on NFL Network just reported the Bills are going to reach out to Allens agent about a Huge contract extension...

I love it get the deal done.  Allen is the franchise quarterback we have all been waiting for! Go Bills 

Does the timing of this have to be today? . Is this intentionally released today, odd

30 minutes ago, Process said:

Did you watch the video? Ian is saying he is going to be one of the highest, if not the highest, paid QB in the NFL...

Yes, they probably use the time to make the deal as cap friendly as is possible. A long-term deal may also help to keep Dabol around.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Does the timing of this have to be today? . Is this intentionally released today, odd

What do you mean intentionally released?  Realize that English may well be your second language, but there is no news here.  This is strictly common cents.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

In other breaking news, sometimes it snows SHNOWS in Buffalo. 

What do people think, that they will let him walk?

Fixed your mistake.

Get your crap together man, this is playoff time. No more excuses. 

Also, 

Shot: 

2 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Realize that English may well be your second language,

Chaser: 

2 minutes ago, Beerball said:

This is strictly common cents.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Why does it matter if this information is released today? Josh and his reps will already know this information, it’s not new to them

29 minutes ago, Process said:

If we lost today and then signed josh to $40M+ pee year contract, you'd be happy?

No one on the team is thinking about this speculation/click bait story,   take a step back, get your game day happy going, it’s game day !!! 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

I’m not at all opposed to Allen getting Mahomes money.  Just try to make it team friendly if it’s possible, like Brady did for the Pats.  That’s my only request.  That and specific wording in the new contract that it’s voidable upon the discovered use of Ranch.  But I believe the NFL zero tolerance policy towards controlled substances covers Ranch.  We’re good.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Beerball said:

What do you mean intentionally released?  Realize that English may well be your second language, but there is no news here.  This is strictly common cents.

You know what’s not common cents?  Canadian beaver nickels!  Those things are pesky and disrupt the natural order of change!

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Whatever will keep Josh happy , have to keep a franchise QB after looking forever.

Fine...  Lifetime supply of Genny Cream Ale it is!  Done.

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it would have been possible to pick up the 5th year option and do it next year. 

I would pick up the 5th year option and franchise him after that. If his numbers are still the same then you make the big investment. As much as I trust in Josh I would feel hesitant about that big of a investment after one year. 

59 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't love the timing of this... I would think and hope they would want to see what he does in the playoffs before planning on signing him to a huge deal.

I would not be too thrilled if we lose today and then give him a boat load of money, when he still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

I'm not sure I believe Ian on this one 

Yes. I just agree that the timing is odd, possibly intentional.