Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m offering Allen 40 million a year, if he doesn’t accept it, we need to move on. We need to be able to pay other talented players to be super bowl caliber. 

I dont see moving on from Allen as a remote possibility, even if he asks for way too much, what do we do? Go get watson? Pay him just as much and lose three 1st round picks? Start the search in the draft again? Matt Stafford on the tail end of his career? There's no possible way the bills can let him walk.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Allen doesn’t strike me as someone that cares about money more than winning. He is willing to do whatever he can to win. He plays like that, and I bet he feels the same about his contract (within reason of course)

I agree. If there is any QB out there that would be willing to take a “home team discount” it is Allen. If Allen would have beaten Mahomes today and won the SB, I would have no problems giving him Mahomes kind of money, but he proved today he needs more help which will require more money for better talent elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I dont see moving on from Allen as a remote possibility, even if he asks for way too much, what do we do? Go get watson? Pay him just as much and lose three 1st round picks? Start the search in the draft again? Matt Stafford on the tail end of his career? There's no possible way the bills can let him walk.

It’s a difficult position to be in. We can’t pay Allen, Mahomes esque money. We just can’t. Allen proved he couldn’t beat KC with the current roster we have. So he has to put on his big boy pants and accept he isn’t worth top money. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I agree. If there is any QB out there that would be willing to take a “home team discount” it is Allen. If Allen would have beaten Mahomes today and won the SB, I would have no problems giving him Mahomes kind of money, but he proved today he needs more help which will require more money for better talent elsewhere. 

It’s a difficult position to be in. We can’t pay Allen, Mahomes esque money. We just can’t. Allen proved he couldn’t beat KC with the current roster we have. So he has to put on his big boy pants and accept he isn’t worth top money. 

You mean more help like Mahomes currently has?  Along with an OLine that can actually block the other team in big games?  

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You mean more help like Mahomes currently has?  Along with an OLine that can actually block the other team in big games?  

It doesn’t matter what Mahomes has. Allen couldn’t beat him with the roster we currently have. We are nearly maxed out in cap space. Allen has to decide on taking less money to allow better team talent to compete against KC or taking Mahomes type of money and suffering as a team because of it. 

27 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

The only silver-lining after tonight’s outcome is we won’t have to give Allen a Mahomes level deal now.   He’ll probably get something just north of what Watson got.

Another huge silver lining is Bass is decent at onside kicks.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Totally agree. You don't move on from Josh Allen right now. Jared Goff has never done anything like what Allen did this season. Allen is current top-5 if you're being conservative, there is no old retread that can do what he can do. We all saw Cam Newton front and center this year. Any future scenarios without Josh Allen should be laughed and pointed at. It's not happening.

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Totally agree. You don't move on from Josh Allen right now. Jared Goff has never done anything like what Allen did this season. Allen is current top-5 if you're being conservative, there is no old retread that can do what he can do. We all saw Cam Newton front and center this year. Any future scenarios without Josh Allen should be laughed and pointed at. It's not happening.

I’m not saying we move on from Josh. I’m simply saying how can Josh expect to win a SB when he is commanding 40+ million a year with the roster we currently have with players looking to get paid as well. When he can’t even beat KC with the roster we have now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So Allen needs to take a pay cut because our personnel dept isn’t as good as KC? That’s how you want to run this organization?

38 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not saying we move on from Josh. I’m simply saying how can Josh expect to win a SB when he is commanding 40+ million a year with the roster we currently have with players looking to get paid as well. When he can’t even beat KC with the roster we have now. 

He should improve though given he's been trending in the right direction since his first game.  The roster we have now had a bad night and can certainly be upgraded even with Josh's eventual salary cap hit.  I think the Bills brass believes in Josh enough that he won't be another Wentz, Goff, Garoppolo, etc...  They'll get a deal done similar to Watson's.

Edited by Doc Brown

44 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

this is a real thing. home field advantage is a very real thing that was largely neutralized this year. 

This is real everywhere every stadium. The road teams had a better win percentage through about week 10. That’s unheard of. 

The Bills will pay Josh the going rate for a quality starting QB.   Period.   That calculated figure is $40.6M.

The question is when.  Will it be before or after the 5th year option. 

Until the Bills cut cap space from bloated contracts of players that only appeared part time the 2021 season doesn't have the cap space. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Bills will pay Josh the going rate for a quality starting QB.   Period. 

The question is when.  Will it be before or after the 5th year option. 

Until the Bills cut cap space from bloated contracts of players that only appeared part time the 2021 season doesn't have the cap space. 

I don't think there's any question that Murphy and Kroft will be gone.

Norman is a UFA in 2021 - This season he had a base salary of $1,400,000 and a cap hit of $1,900,000

Yeldon is a UFA in 2021 - This season he had a base salary of $2,800,000 and a cap hit of $5,812,500

Smoke Brown is an UFA in 2022 with a 2021 base salary of $7,500,000 and a cap hit of $5,812,500

Cut him?  Not really.   The issue was injuries.  Restructure with Opt Outs for a more cap friendly number. 

17 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I don't think there's any question that Murphy and Kroft will be gone.

Murphy and Kroft are also UFA's in 2021. 

2022 - the estimated Bills cap space is $98,349,556

2022 Dead Cap ZERO $

the Bills will have 25 signed players for 2022 - that means they need to sign 28 players just to fill the 53 man roster.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

They just need to sit down with Josh this year and tell him that we weren't good enough this year and we need the money to get the players we need to win the big games.

I feel like Josh is the kind of guy to understand the money will come to him- but now is not the time.

• Haha (+1) 1