Regardless of playoff outcome, will you consider this Bills season a success?

YoloinOhio

Will you consider this season a success regardless of playoff outcome?   

247 members have voted

1. 1. Will you consider this season a success regardless of playoff outcome?

2. 2. If no, will one playoff victory check the box or do you need more to consider it a success?

• One playoff victory will suffice my success meter
    • Super bowl or bust
    • Need to get to AFC championship

Won AFC East

Swept division opponents 6-0

beat the Patriots (twice)

13-3 record

multiple prime time wins 

josh Allen an mvp candidate, best season a Bills QB has ever had 

501 points scored 

Stefon Diggs leads league in receptions and yards, best season a Bills WR has ever had

All with no OTAs or preseason and navigating numerous Covid challenges 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Even mid-season, I never considered Super bowl a reasonable goal but I’m getting there. I want to call this season a success no matter what because it already blew my expectations out of the water. Every box that has been held over the Bills for years has been checked. Except one. Can they win in the playoffs? I think I will be extremely disappointed and have a hard time calling the season a success without that. I wish that wasn’t the case but my expectations have been lifted. 

• Like (+1) 15

It was a great season regardless of what happens next, but now that I see how talented this team is, it won’t feel like a success unless we get to the AFC Championship game.  The SuperBowl is gravy, but feels possible fo the first time in a long time. 

ps. I voted “SuperBowl or bust” because of the options, but in reality, getting to the AFC Championship game will be a success for me. 

ps part 2. I have amended my vote now that the AFC Championship option has been added.  Thanks Yolo.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 7

In my heart, I am Super Bowl or bust at this point. I'll be bummed if we dont at least make the AFC Championship.

But in my brain, I know that before the season I was hoping for 11-5, maaaaybe 12-4, with the big goals being 1. Win the Division, and 2. Win one playoff game. So we're already halfway there. Winning the Division, and blowing out NE on MNF in front of the world, have been successes on their own.

• Like (+1) 1

I will be disappointed if we lose in the playoffs regardless. 
But we gotta win Saturday or we’re just gonna be the joke pretender of the offseason like the ravens last year. People are gonna bash Allen non stop that he can’t win in the playoffs. Just my own selfish bragging rights online I guess I just don’t wanna hear all that trash from chief and Tampa and other fans all offseason 

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I will be disappointed if we lose in the playoffs regardless. 
But we gotta win Saturday or we’re just gonna be the joke pretender of the offseason like the ravens last year. People are gonna bash Allen non stop that he can’t win in the playoffs. Just my own selfish bragging rights online I guess I just don’t wanna hear all that trash from chief and Tampa and other fans all offseason 

I feel this. I’m so used to losing in the playoffs that I’m not fully enjoying the excitement of their regular season like I should. I’m bracing myself. I hate that. 

• Like (+1) 3

This one is tough for me as my expectations changed as the season progressed.  At the beginning of the season, I thought "win division, and win a playoff game, and everything else is just added bonus".  But now that we've seen this team ascend and how everything is clicking.  I think Super Bowl win is a reasonable expectation (which is !@#$ing weird!!).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m haunted by the 1999 team. That was a super bowl team. Weird things happen in the playoffs. But at least we don’t have that QB “situation” this time.

Circumstances such as what happened to that 1999 team play a role in how I will feel about this season once it is over. I think this team should be playing in the conference championship game this year. As long as they show up prepared to play and play to the level of which they are capable, I believe they will get that far.

However, a team can play good football and even deserve to win the game, only to lose it on one or two "fluke" plays, bad calls, etc. If they were to lose before the Championship game in such a manner, I would still consider this season a success. The only way I feel that the year wasn't a success is if they do not show up prepared to play.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m haunted by the 1999 team. That was a super bowl team. Weird things happen in the playoffs. But at least we don’t have that QB “situation” this time.

I’d start Barkley this saturday, gotta ride that hot hand momentum!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

To me this season is a monumental success.  I haven't been this entertained in decades by this team.   I  want more of course.  I fully expect a win over the Colts.  I will  be crushed if they are one and done.  I'll get over it though as I finally know the future is super bright.  I don't expect the Superbowl this year.  Next year, hell yes.  This year, I think their run defense and run offense is just a little short of getting it done.   Will be delighted to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

20 years later it's still insane they started Rob Johnson 

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We have a different controversy-- a RB controversy. Moss/Singletary or Antonio W. Harkens? Hope it doesn't fracture the team. 

• Haha (+1) 7